[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: a0897080833_10.jpg (361 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
a0897080833_10.jpg
361 KB, 900x900
Thoughts?
>>
>>61176563

One of the best closing tracks ever.
>>
>>61176563
Up there with Illinois.
>>
>>61176563
His most artistically ambitious album. It's incredible and has raw power behind it.
>>
Ground breaking
>>
Never heard anything like it
>>
It's impressive how easily he adapts to the new sounds on the album. If this were your first Stevens album you'd be justified in expecting this to always be his sound. It's already mastered.

But the writing, while not bad, is weak far too often. Sometimes I get the impression he knew his melodies were going through a funky period. I wouldn't be surprised if the genre experimentation was a direct result of him trying to salvage a subpar less electric album.

Sufjan post-rock album when?
>>
his best album and my personal favourite of 21st century tb h familia
>>
I knew every sound and lyric out of my head because i listened to it so much, and suddenly i stopped listening and never fully came back to it.
One of my favorite albums of all time. Only i don't listen to it.
>>
it's fantastic, but the first half lags compared to the last 4 tracks which are actually phenomenal
>>
>>61176563
Well, I want to be
well, I want to be
well, I want to be
well, I want to be

AND I FORGIVE YOU
EVEN
AS YOU TAKE ME
THAT WAY
>>
>>61176563
Every songs sounds the same. Boring. Worthless if it wasnt for the Impossible Soul meme.
>>
im pretty sure i want to be well is one of the best songs he's written
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.