[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ I have been recently meaning to update my audio li
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Hey /mu/

I have been recently meaning to update my audio listening and a neighbor for the holidays gave me this awesome present.
Now, I know that these speakers have to be connected via red/black cables and connect into an audio receiver/amplifier.

A couple questions is a receiver different than an amplifier? And how would I go about setting this up because I have 0 knowledge in this spectrum.

I have picked out a couple different amps/ receivers and have landed upon these two, which one of these would be optimal.

1.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SY20TE8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=31PYEWMXY5DX&coliid=I1WD0KROHLBD2Z

2.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EE18O7W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=31PYEWMXY5DX&coliid=I3SI0T5X7UVV1F

My primary listening sources are cd's and records.
>>
Since this is a legit question I'll bump for you
>>
>>61168600

Thank you.
>>
>>61168668
I'd post this in /g/ just incase you don't get an answer here.
>>
>>61168738

Posted there, Just know that this board also has
a lot of people who are intellectual in this spectrum of audio equipment and setup.
>>
well, first off you have picked two stereo amps for a suround setup, you will get sound but only in 2 speakers out of the bunch.

secondly, I cant see what brand of speakers they are and you have provided no specs so we are dealing blind here m8.

thirdly, those speakers are probably fucking cheapo shit and will sound shit.
>>
>>61168832

What should I take pictures of? I need these speakers for audio listening will they not work for that?
>>
>>61168856
>What should I take pictures of? I need these speakers for audio listening will they not work for that?

1. do you have a record/cd player? An amp only powers speakers, they do not play cd's

2. ask your neighbor for help rather than dealing with annoyed anons who are frustrated with trying to explain to you something they would have fixed it 1 minute flat if it were hands on.
>>
>>61168921

I have a record player and I know that I have to connect it through a phono input/output and plug that into the receiver/amp
>>
>>61168921

Subwoofer.
>>
>>61168997
>>
>>61169020
(those were 4 speakers that came and connections.)

Picture of all equipment.
>>
>>61169044

Manual.
>>
>>61168856
They'll work just fine. They aren't anything stellar but they will function, cheap chinese stuff designed to make people who don't know much about audio equipment think they're nice. All you will really need is a 5.1-channel receiver, if you're on a tight budget try ebay or craigslist, but my personal favorite maker of budget amps is onkyo if you want to buy new.

If you plan on upgrading the speakers at any point it might be worth investing in a more expensive receiver but you probably won't notice or care enough about the difference to make it worth it.

If the sharpie on the box is correct then you need a receiver with as close to 120 watts-per-channel as possible. It is also very important to match the impedance of the speakers with that of the receiver or amplifier you buy, this should be marked somewhere on the box or the backs of the speakers themselves in ohms.

Your choices are both stereo amplifiers, meaning they only have 2 channels and will only put sound out through two of your speakers (and the subwoofer) for all intents and purposes here.

If I were you I would probably go with this:
http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR343-5-1-Channel-V-Receiver/dp/B00WSED53A/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450665725&sr=1-4&keywords=onkyo+receiver

and make sure to get an external preamp for your turntable, if you want to listen to records (in stereo of course) on it
>>
OP: Did you buy this out of a white van or what? da faq...
>>
>>61169073
also it appears that you'll have to run your front left and right speaker cables into the subwoofer, then out of the sub and to your fronts. Not sure if you were already aware of that or not but thought I should mention it now that I've seen the photos
>>
>>61169087

>>61169087
Neighbor gave it to me.

>>61169073
Thank you for the information! I don't really know how exactly to wire anything, I'm very noobish in this spectrum and have basically no idea as to what to do hooking it up wise.
What I gathered from the last paragraph was that I have to
Wire the smaller speakers into the sub, then from the sub connect it into a receiver?
>>
>>61169146
and as a precaution, when you power the amp up to find out if you wired it right, set the volume low, that way you wont fuck anything up if you wired it wrong.
>>
>>61169146
basically right. It looks like only the front 2 speakers will go receiver->sub->speaker, while the back 2 will connect directly to the amp.

While I'm here I'll mention that even if you have to use a lot of cable, the closer to a corner of the room you put the sub the better and more present it will sound
>>
>>61168997
>>61169020
>>61169044
these are the same speakers you get in a white van
>>
>>61169229

I see so only 2 sets of speakers will connect into the subwoofer
, then the other 2/3 will have to be connected into the receiver?

>>61169268
Your powers of observation continue to serve you well, however this has already been established.
They were given to me for free so I don't care.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.