[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grimes appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: grimes-coachella-2013-650-430.jpg (201 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
grimes-coachella-2013-650-430.jpg
201 KB, 650x430
Claire B. of Grimes is fucking beautiful and a voice of a generation. Whoever disagrees has shit taste.
>>
I don't understand why so many like to make fun of her. She's a great artist that deserves more respect.
>>
>>61160593
yea I agree. but it's obvious her bf is the real talent ghostwriting for Claire
>>
File: bizarro-world.jpg (83 KB, 490x358) Image search: [Google]
bizarro-world.jpg
83 KB, 490x358
Meanwhile on Bizarro /mu/
>>
>>61160620
elaborate
>>
>>61160637
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNQW10Zagnc
claire is just a puppet .
>>
>>61160677
>the day where I hear a song by Elite Gymnastics that isn't absolute and utter shite has come

wew lad, what a day
>>
File: CVeBlP2UsAAbX9-.jpg (55 KB, 599x397) Image search: [Google]
CVeBlP2UsAAbX9-.jpg
55 KB, 599x397
would u step on grimes, /mu/
>>
File: Ben-Affleck.jpg (25 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
Ben-Affleck.jpg
25 KB, 400x273
Grimes rules hard. It's fun to watch /mu/'s reaction to her as well as it's a prety open shut case of "why we need feminism".

Even in this thread, everyone is like "she doesn't writer her own music" or "she's a hack with a unibrow."

If a dude released this music no one would question that he produced it. Get bent misogynistos.
>>
>>61160896
damn u got me :)
I'd be down for a girl to be the head honcho of the house, while I sit at home and listen to music all day ":)
>>
>>61160896
I too use tumblr :^)
>>
>>61160896
You are not very smart, small child
>>
>>61160593
>voice of a generation
Our generation seems to have multiple personality disorder. There is no ONE voice for our generation.
>>
>>61160593
If this was 2012, I'd agree with you

Her new album is bland. Don't get me wrong, there are a few good songs on the album but the rest are just filler bullshit.
>>
>>61160593
>fucking beautiful
no
>voice of a generation
she is indeed a powerful representative of androgyny
>whoever disagrees has shit taste
her music isn't great and she's ugly
>>
her autistic boyfriend needs to stop making these threads, its like hes trying to get everyone to hate her
>>
>>61160593
>>61160613
I want Claire to leave.
>>
>>61160620
his music is much, much worse than anything she has put out, so I doubt it.
>>
>>61160896
>If a dude released this music no one would question that he produced it. Get bent misogynistos.

You know what would happen if a dude released Art Angels? No one would praise it the way it's being praised right now. No one would excuse the production being all over the place. Everyone would call it out for being the poorly written piece of shit it is.

It's all about Grimes the individual, every positive review for Art Angels i've read barely even tries to conceal it. She could release anything and people would eat it all up no matter how good how bad it is because it's a Grimes album.
>>
>>61161372
and just to add to that because you're 100% right, here's some synthpop by a dude that no one ever talks about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpD1mya5h2A

and it trumps anything grimes has put out recently, as far production and enjoyability.
>>
>>61161442
>here's some synthpop by a dude that no one ever talks about.

I love ANV but come on, this was album of the year on Pitchfork 2 years ago
>>
>>61161442
he cant sing and hes ugly af
no thx
>>
>>61161465
oh yeah that's true.

ANYWAY
>>
>>61161372
i've never listened to grimes or follow anything she's done but that album is amazing.
>>
I really liked what she was going for on Visions and the first version of Realiti had me really excited because she felt like she had finally perfected her sound.

I feel bad for holding it against her but i'm really disappointed she keeps trying to go for something different and distancing herself from her previous albums because the results are always fucking garbage. Art Angels is nothing but a huge stain on her career. I hope she gets her shit together someday.
>>
She's reaching her artistic peak right now. Never makes a wrong move. I hope she becomes the biggest pop star in the world. She deserves it.
>>
all went down hill after Geidi Prime
>>
EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS EASRS EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS EARS ERA ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE EARS EARS ERAS
>>
>>61160593
no
>>
>>61161372

>It's all about Grimes the individual, every positive review for Art Angels i've read barely even tries to conceal it.

Dingdingding
>>
>>61162284
Darkbloom was her best release imo. Both sides of that split are amazing actually.
>>
>>61161442
Weak voice t b h Grimes is better.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.