[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that Purity Ring is the only band that has tried to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1448495406946.jpg (11 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1448495406946.jpg
11 KB, 250x236
How is it that Purity Ring is the only band that has tried to fuse pop and trap in the typical white person format? Their music is so good that I just don't get how they don't have numerous copycats
>>
is this bait?
>>
>>61154174
Explain how and maybe I'll entertain you with a response
>>
>>61154165
I mean desu there are probably tons of emulators all over bandcamp and soundcloud, it's just that pop/trap is a pretty niche sound and they have it down so well I'd imagine it's hard for other acts to get major traction.
>>
>>61154174
sup
>>
>>61154165

"fuse pop and trap in the typical white person format"

Those are the whitest genres, what are you talking about?
>>
>>61154165
what? they do have tons of copycats. have you ever listened to beats1 radio? thats like all they play is that white pop music shit with the trap drums.
>>
lmao dayung whitey nerdz amirite
>>
But Purity Ring is really generic synthpop. Miike Snow, CHVRCHES, MO, Broods, Sky Ferraira, Phantogram and about 50 other bands are all doing the same shit.
>>
>>61154584
Haven't listened to MO or Broods but Purity Ring is fairly distinct from the rest of those bands

the only generic thing about purity ring is that it follows the male producer female singer pattern desu
>>
Are you serious senpai?
Banks, Kehlani, Alunageorge, Mo and Shura all have similar vibes
>>
>>61155305
none of their last albums sound like another eternity.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.