[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever showed Death Grips or any /mu/core stuff to your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: meme.png (55 KB, 200x203) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
55 KB, 200x203
Have you ever showed Death Grips or any /mu/core stuff to your family? What'd they think?

>show dad Death Grips - Exmilitary
>says it reminds him of slave chant music (as a "joke")
>dad's a republican asshole piece of shit, want to teach him how to swim at this point
>then says he likes the aggressiveness and raw energy of the band
>says he'll check out their other albums

tl;dr Show dad Death Grips, says fucked up racist shit. Cringed into next century. Big mistake.
>>
>>61151226
wahat a coo pic

inm gonna puke
>>
Yup, this is it: this is the post that makes me never want to be associated with this board again. You are all a bunch of autistic bastards. I had a horrible time here.
>>
your dad's cool
you're a little bitch
you make your dad cry at night
sage
>>
>>61151226
you cant really share that kinda stuff with someone who has no interest in that kind of thing. my dad likes the most banal of music and has no interest in other shit. if you were going to try, id say sneek in in during a car ride and just see what happens. dont expect much.
>>
>>61151269
This
>>
>>61151267
no ididnt pjul4 pk
>>
File: disapproving dog.jpg (34 KB, 573x386) Image search: [Google]
disapproving dog.jpg
34 KB, 573x386
I don't know what's cringier: the fact that you like Death Grips or that you enthusiastically introduced your father to their music.

Your life is wholly pathetic.
>>
>Have you ever showed Death Grips or any /mu/core stuff to your family?

No because I tried listening to Death Grips and it's fucking garbage.
>>
>My dad's such a square!

Color me surprised that a Death Grips fan is just some edgy kid
>>
>Friend asks what I listen to at the gym
>Sunn O)))
>"Anon what the fuck is this?"

On the other hand:
>Ask friend for a Stereolab CD for birthday
>"Anon I listened to this out of morbid curiosity and I really liked it"

Also you're autistic OP
>>
>>61151226
I'm cringing at the fact that you showed your dad death grips and think the "noided" meme was ever funny
>>
>>61151348
>>61151304
I think he liked the music, but he made a racist joke and it really rubbed me the wrong way.

It shows he's a prejudiced piece of shit and I hope he rots in hell. The "raw energy" remark impies that because Ride's black he's a savage, he must be uneducated and violent. The slave chant remark honestly made me shake a bit, how can you be so callous and mock suffering of that magnitude? If you truly appreciate the music, you wouldnt say hurtful things about the person who poured their heart out to make it. I want some justice delivered to his yuppie trump-voting republican ass.

>>61151342
My dad likes some patrician music. He likes The Clash, NIN, Black Flag, Nirvana and Sex Pistols to name a few but dont know much beyond that (mostly dadrock or willy nelson shit). I figured he'd appreciate it

>>61151269
Nice meme Mr. Contrarian
You're on /mu/, we know you love Death Grips. You're safe here.
>>
File: 1450406699189.jpg (41 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1450406699189.jpg
41 KB, 460x345
>>61151226

but he said he was into it... ?

"OH GOD HE LIKES IT LET ME DISREGARD THAT ENTIRELY AND HONE IN ON THE MOST UNSAVORY ELEMENT OF THE INTERACTION"
>>
>>61151448
leave you tumblr faggot

he made a joke dont get uppity
>>
File: Burial.jpg (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Burial.jpg
72 KB, 300x300
A few months ago I showed my dad pic related, now he listens to it virtually every time he drives at night
>>
File: TELLMEMORE.png (2 MB, 2000x1317) Image search: [Google]
TELLMEMORE.png
2 MB, 2000x1317
>>61151226
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THESE DUDES APPROPRIATING OUR CULTURE? ??
>>
>>61151226
Are you the same guy who made this?

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rkzg2iuH6iN1kJHoAnwB5I2YriWfw6umCHespCsATU0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#slide=id.p
>>
ugh op you're such a fag
>>
>>61151226
U FELL FOR THE MEME LOL
>>
>>61151226
>>61151448
welcome to /mu/ everybody
>>
>>61151448
>patrician music
>The Clash, NIN, Black Flag, Nirvana and Sex Pistols
god...
>>
>>61151575
goddamn. death grips really should break up. this is SO embarrassing.
>>
>racism is bad
Fuck off
>>
>>61151226
>dad's a republican asshole piece of shit

How's art school, you fucking faggot
>>
>>61151269
>I'm cringing at the fact that you listen to death grips
You're on /mu/, you'd be an idiot to not have at least heard them at some point. And they make abrasive pop music; obviously some people are going to like them.
As for the quality of the band itself, what problem do you actually have? I mean, it's one thing if you can't get into them, it's another thing if you genuinely think they're bad. Do you not like what they're trying to do? Or do you think they fail at what they're trying to do? What is it?

I was honestly won over by TMS, and while I'm not a big Death Grips fan myself, I have to admit they have a number of great pop tunes. I mean, maybe you just hate pop music on principle, but that's just kind of silly, and you'd end up missing a lot of good music if you do that. I'm assuming that's not what you're doing. Anon, why do you not like Death Grips.

>oh they're a meme
Just because other people like it/don't like it doesn't make the album bad. Just because an album is popular doesn't mean others are listening to it just because it's popular.

So why, Anon? Are you just trying to look cool on an anonymous forum? Is that it?
>>
>>61151660
fuck off!!!!!
>>
>>61151575
>>61151226
>tfw I actually like some of DG's music
>tfw autistic memers ruined everything

just like sonic
my favorite games as a kid then cwc happened
why must autistic people on the internet ruin everything i love
>>
>>61151448
>raw energy
Dude, if you don't recognize the fact that Ride's raps are raw energy, you're a fucking idiot.

Also, he might be prejudiced, but people who wish their own fathers would rot in hell deserve their own special place there, too. I mean, if he fucking abandoned and beat you, I could see it, but he's still family, dude. Fuck you.
>>
>>61151448
>The Clash, NIN, Black Flag, Nirvana and Sex Pistols
>patrician music

Get off /mu/ and don't come back, holy shit.
>>
>>61151695
wtf is raw energy? as opposed to what? the words people use to describe male musicians performing masculinity is so funny
>>
>>61151673
Is this a meme I don't know, or is this your actual response? Because if it is, god that's embarrassing.
>>
>>61151226
>listening to nig music
>>
>>61151733
b-b-but they stuck it to the man, man!! punk rock \m/
>>
XD guys all my friends in the cafeteria saw the COck on the NLDW cover on my iphone and were like EWWW lol they dont even get it
>>
>>61151717
>wtf is raw energy? as opposed to what? the words people use to describe male musicians performing masculinity is so funny
>A guy is shouting at the top of his lungs
>OP pretends to not understand how this may be energetic, or raw, or have raw energy
>Either you are utterly idiotic to the point where you can't see how his vocal style is energetic and raw, or you don't know how the English language works

Aw geez, this is a serious case of cancer.
>>
>>61151733
>"hip hop equivalent of linkin park"
you're clearly retarded.
>>
>>61151765
nice meme texting
>>
>>61151448
>implying any of those bands are better than Willie Nelson
>>
>>61151448
>dadrock and willie nelson are bad
Wow born in le right generashun XD
>>
>>61151448

This has to be a troll, right?

...Right?
>>
>>61151761
they were subverting the implication that the phallic symbol means what it usually does by doing what every artist bro has always done
>art
also the money store album was feminist because the woman was the sadist!! but the masochist man still had to be feminized to imply it was submissive LOL!!
>>
File: 1442953513014.jpg (20 KB, 463x418) Image search: [Google]
1442953513014.jpg
20 KB, 463x418
>>61151448
>My dad likes some patrician music.
>He likes The Clash, NIN, Black Flag, Nirvana and Sex Pistols
>>
>>61151825
>meme texting
how's your first week on /mu/ going?
>>
>>61151448
literally me in 9th grade. Don't worry anon. You'll grow out of liberalism.
>>
>>61151825
you know you've won the argument when...
>>
I wish I was your dad so I could beat the shit out of you for making this awful post, faggot
>>
>>61151925
This
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 265x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 265x259
>>61151226
>triggered over racism

Tumblr and leddit are that way
>>
>>61151925
literally me in the 11th grade. Don't worry anon. You'll grow out of being a reactionary.
>>
My father loves Death Grips
>>
>>61151570
why are /mu/ posters bullying this mexican guy?
>>
My son loves Death Grips. He's 14.

All he does is watch anime and sit in his room blasting /mu/core. I failed as a parent and I am ashamed.

This isn't a joke post either. I started coming here after he told me about it and I like to waste time on here occasionally late weekend nights. Good time waster, lots of good links and recs, a lot of dumb jokes but I ignore that.
>>
>>61151925
>>61152981
>thinking liberalism is reactionary
>believing any of the two partys you can vote for is actually liberal

typical amerifats... not the slightest understanding of politics or democracy... go back to /pol/, faggots.
>>
>>61151570
tell me more
>>
My grandmother caught me listening to No Love Deep Web. She panicked.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.