[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of the new Baroness? I think it might just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: purple.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
purple.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
What does /mu/ think of the new Baroness?

I think it might just be their finest album yet...I literally broke down into tears during If I Have To Wake Up (Would You Stop The Rain?).

Definitely a heavier affair than Yellow and Green were but retaining the dark vibe from them, combined with the punchy riffs from Red and Blue. It's like a showcaise of everything the band is capable of.

Did you like Purple?
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1080
>>
It's good if you don't expect a Red or Blue. I like it
>>
>>61147655

It was pretty rad. I'd give it a solid 8/10 for now, might change as I digest it for.

Kerosene grabbed me right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uWzLycDy84
>>
>>61147655
it's p4ks best new muzak

can't be good

i'll pass
>>
File: 1450058098028.png (357 KB, 568x640) Image search: [Google]
1450058098028.png
357 KB, 568x640
The only song I didn't care for was The Iron Bell. If I had to rank Baroness albums I'd probably go:

>Red
>Purple
>Blue
>Yellow & Green
>>
File: 20151219_201032.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151219_201032.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
It's a fantastic comeback, especially when they had to replace half the band and deal with other effects of the accident. It's a bit of a return to form and refinement, not the weird turn that Yellow and Green felt like but still not what Red and Blue were.

The CD packaging and insert are incredible as well. John Baizley outdid himself.
>>
I like it
>>
>>61147977
I loved this album, and agree with your ranking
>>
Fugue is so cash. Is downtempo/psychedelic metal a thing?
>>
loved the album so much. cannot stop listening to it.
>>
>>61149936
Agreed
>>
I was seriously concerned when Alan left.
That guy's drumming is in a whole other dimension.

New guy's drumming isn't the same but dammit it works well for the sound.
New bassist is cash though, an element Baroness previously lacked.

pretty happy with it and the perfect album to close out 2015.
>>
>>61147977
mmmm, I dunno, Blue was pretty much perfect cover to cover.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.