[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What other albums have a dreamy, ethereal, nostalgic sound like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: chameleon.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
chameleon.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
What other albums have a dreamy, ethereal, nostalgic sound like this one? inb4 someone recs shoegaze
>>
>>61141930
I've searched a lot for albums simlar to it and the best ones are
The Wake - Here Comes Everybody
Sad Lovers and Giants - Feeding The Flame
Lowlife - Permanent Sleep
For Against - December
Abecedarians - Eureka
none of them are as good as the album you posted though
>>
File: 1440876490638.jpg (77 KB, 720x623) Image search: [Google]
1440876490638.jpg
77 KB, 720x623
>>61142074
thx for the recs ill give those a listen
>>
>>61142074
>For Against
Great rec, great underrated band.

>>61141930
Also check out The Church's Priest = Aura and Starfish, specially the former.
>>
>>61142284
Don't flatter him.
>>
>>61143746
?
>>
>>61143784
You posted his "totally greatest" favorite album that he spams all the time and he shows up to give recs in order to boost his ego on this board.

You're not going to find anything close to WDAMB including what he's recommend so you're better off continuing to listen to rest the Chameleons discography.
>>
>>61143863
Hmm well i dont really care if im ego boosting some stranger by posting his favorite album, it is a really good one after all. Anyway ill post it a few times i guess since i'd like to discuss it more.
>>
>>61143863
All those albums I posted fit the criteria he described though
>>
>>61143975
Why call it anything?
>>
File: 1442580855425.png (464 KB, 481x518) Image search: [Google]
1442580855425.png
464 KB, 481x518
>>61144044
>tfw a beautiful dream pop song starts and suddenly a Jamaican reggae singer appears
>>
>>61144133
Funny coming from someone that appreciates avant-garbage, I thought you would have found it "challenging".

Anyways, I've heard the "Kwasi pops-up and ruins the song" meme before from here and it wasn't from you either.
>>
>>61144277
it's a surprised dino, I woudn't call the song bad
lighten up a little
>>
Slowdive - Just for a Day
This Mortal Coil - It'll end in tears
Grouper - Dragging a dead deer up a hill
Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde
Hood - The Cycle of Days and Seasons
Bark Psychosis - Hex
>>
dreamy and ethereal music thats not shoegaze is my specialty but idk scrap all that, I get The Chameleons vibes only from The Field Mice, maybe New Order

This list seems intriguing >>61142074
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.