[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lenght: 2 hours >shortest track: 5 min >longest: 35
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg (12 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg
12 KB, 600x600
>lenght: 2 hours
>shortest track: 5 min
>longest: 35 min

Jesus christ why bands are doing this? How a fucking adult supposed to have so much time to listen one fucking album.
>>
To make sure that people who have no patience don't get to enjoy great albums.
>>
>>61137274
No one is forcing you to listen to it you shitposting aspie
>>
adults who can't set aside two hours for something (also the length of a film for reference) are the kind of people who need to keep opinions about art to themselves
>>
>doing things
>>
>>61137325
this
>>
>not having the ability to set everything aside to listen to a great 2 hour long album the second it leaks
you don't like music
>>
>>61137299
This holy shit I dont even like the Swans but everyone has different taste and time and I can see why people would enjoy it.
>>
Just listen to Napalm Death instead
>>
Sometimes you need a good bit of time to achieve the effects you want.

I think Swans are pushing it lately though. Just because it's long doesn't mean it's intense.
>>
>>61137274
As an adult you really shouldn't be wasting time on repetitive mediocrity
>>
File: Filosofem.jpg (20 KB, 240x220) Image search: [Google]
Filosofem.jpg
20 KB, 240x220
>30 minutes of looped brian eno beat

most anoying thing in music are tracks longer than 10 minutes. You want to listen some song but no its half of a fucking hour and mostly you could cut it into 5 minutes song but no look how good musician Im
>>
File: a Front.jpg (201 KB, 596x600) Image search: [Google]
a Front.jpg
201 KB, 596x600
>>
>>61137469
is this b8? get an attention span
>>
>>61137274
On the contrary, I've found myself enjoying long songs a lot more recently. I don't even have to finish them, but I like the feeling of unbroken music. I'm not going to start putting albums into one big file or anything, but it's often fun to hear how the song evolves and changes. Longer songs often also are capable of setting up more atmosphere and then doing more things with that atmosphere, see >>61137478
>>
people dont actually listen to them, they just play them in the background while bragging om facebook about how intelligent they are for listening to somgs over 5 minutes.
>>
>>61137274
Because there is literally nothing better than a song that is amazing (opinion of course) AND long. Perfect combination, like great sex for hours straight.
>>
File: When_You_Post_that.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
When_You_Post_that.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>61137620
>>
>>61137620
I remember thinking that about people when I was like 13
>>
>>61137405
Their last 2 projects have been nearly perfect though?
>>
>>61137469
Sometimes music serves purposes other than just to sound good
But yeah I agree, the length of the dark ambient stuff from Filosem don't click with me
>>
>>61137469
The Apostate or She Loves Us would suck if they were any shorter
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.