[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was born in 1997, what was 2000-2003 music like, /mu/? Was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: blink182.jpg (188 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
blink182.jpg
188 KB, 2000x1333
I was born in 1997, what was 2000-2003 music like, /mu/? Was it good?

You're going to say "underage!!!" or "Those were the early 2000s, you practically GREW UP in them, how could you not know them?", but the thing is, I don't remember shit from ages 3-6 other than weird colors/shapes and drinking from a sippy cup. I don't know anyone who remembers those parts of life well, either.
>>
>>61135373
fucking kill yourself you fetus
>>
>>61135373
End yourself, infant
>>
>>61135389
>>61135397
these
>>
Commit suicide embryo
>>
delete yourself egg
>>
>>61135373
Hello. I just wanted to say that Blink 182 FUCKING SUCKS
>>
Those were the early 2000's you practically GREW UP in them, how could you have not killed yourself yet?"
>>
I was born in 96 and I at least remember what music was playing on the radio when I was that age.
>>
>>61135373
Neptunes Timbaland Dr. Dre
>>
Well my lad, Lizzie McGuire was all the rage, everyone was rapping to Eminem's songs, Britney Spears was making everyone horny, and Weird Al was still doing his thing
>>
>>61135373
I just remember stuff like nu-metal, pop punk like Blink-182 and that was about it
>>
>>61135373
I was born in '93. The entirety of the 00's was shit.
>>
Here's a nice song that came out in 2003 :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RrVa_axRY
>>
>>61135389
>>61135397
samefag
>>
Extirpate yourself zygote
>>
>being the millennial cancer born past 1990

jesus christ
>>
How do you expect someone to generalize all of music over a three year span
>>
eh the white stripes could have been worse
>>
>>61135373
I just remembered sippy cups. Good taste anon.
>>
The mainstream stuff from that period was mostly fucking awful. The last dregs of nu-metal, post grunge, scene shit. The good stuff is everything Del That Funkee Homosapien touched, the height of IDM, Radiohead, the breakout of garage rock like White Stripez and The Strokes and probably some stuff I forgot
>>
Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, Queens of the Stone Age, The Strokes, Sum 41, The White Stripes, Audioslave, etc. That was the radio.
>>
If I remember right, Daft Punk was really starting to take off and House music was becoming more mainstream.
>>
File: emo_kid.jpg (8 KB, 232x242) Image search: [Google]
emo_kid.jpg
8 KB, 232x242
okay lets see in the early 2000's music was emo (my chemical romance, fall out boy, panic at the disco) emo used to be huge with teens and there was even a flippy haircut and everything and garage rock revival (the strokes, the hives, the white stripes)and shit like arctic monkeys and franz ferdinand, rap was crunk and ringtone rap.

in the late 2000's it was hipster shit like arcade fire and mgmt and vampire weekend and animal collective.

Then you faggot millinals dropped the torch of rock and only listen to taylor swift and dubstep now
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.