[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is SWANS a good introduction to noise rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Is SWANS a good introduction to noise rock?
>>
File: wlwh.jpg (15 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
wlwh.jpg
15 KB, 296x300
>>61133933
No
>>
Not really
Especially not Soundtracks lmeo
>>
>>61133950
How many albums do I have to listen to before I can work my way up to swans?
>>
>>61134033
Just listen to To Be Kind first, then SFTB
>>
This "work my way" up stuff is such bullshit just listen to music and if don't like it you can revisit it later if you feel like it.
>>
>>61134080
terrible advice
>>61134089
this guy gets it
>>61134033
you don't need to. listen to whatever the hell you want, although in swans' case it obviously makes more sense to do so chronologically
also, swans never really played 'textbook' noise rock
more like industrial suicidal no wave which is fantastic but not exactly the prime example of noise rock
pic related, great noise rock/no wave album
>>
>>61133933
swans is a good introduction to rampant black-out tier lust
>>
>>61134159
THIS. These albums are lusty as fuck.
>>
if you want to get started in noise rock you'd probably want more accessible stuff, Sonic Youth, WL/WH Dinosaur Jr Big Black. Besides Soundtracks is more post-rock/no wave than noise rock. for swans i'd start with Filth, thats certainly there most noise rock stuff

>>61134080
lmao that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard
>>
Definitely not SFTB, but try and ease in with stuff like My Bloody Valentine and Sonic Youth. For really entry-level stuff, maybe Interpol, NMH, Queens of the Stone Age and Weezer to get used to slightly abrasive textures (i.e. any guitar distortion at all).

But if you feel like you might enjoy it, keep in mind that Swans will be touring in 2016 and afterwards, you won't be able to see them again in their current shape again.
>>
>>61134222
>For really entry-level stuff, maybe Interpol, NMH, Queens of the Stone Age and Weezer to get used to slightly abrasive textures (i.e. any guitar distortion at all).
Have I just developed schizophrenia? Or is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>61134089
word, this was the first swan's album i listened to and i did fine.

if you want to into noise, i would start with 80s sonic youth
>>
>>61134237
lol

>>61134248
I'm really not into early swans anyways (apart from Cop) and I haven't really looked back. I haven't even listened to Greed or a few of those other albums.

I just know it's not my thing. It's OK not to like certain types of music OP.
>>
>>61133950
This. Also I would recommend Sonic Youths Sister.
>>
>>61134222
>Swans will be touring in 2016
how do you know this
>>
>>61135461
I am M. Gira
>>
>>61135461
album releases in May
>>
Swans is a good introduction to Top 40 music.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.