[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bassists are inferior to everybody else in a typical rock band,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
bassists are inferior to everybody else in a typical rock band, and that's because everybody else actually brings something to the table. the guitarist might compose the songs, the singer might help tweak the songs and add a vocal melody, and the drummer brings the whole thing together. and what does the bassist do? he just plays what the guitarist wrote, and half the time nobody's going to hear him anyway.
>>
File: ren-big.jpg (165 KB, 1073x1024) Image search: [Google]
ren-big.jpg
165 KB, 1073x1024
>>61133319
I've heard very little good music that has bass that's drowned in the mix
>>
>>61133319
Mu is the worst board on this website
>>
>>61133360
>not /jp/
>not /r9k/
Okay, bass-chan.
>>
>>61133319

You must listen to some shiiiiittttyyyyy music if none of it has inspiring bass playing on it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-cISmtXk1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6hUg76QFsc
>>
bass is literally the cu-ck instrument
>>
>>61133319
>MemeCenter
kek
>>
>>61133319
>This is what guitarists think

As I got into music production I became able to understand just how great an instrument a bass is. It's really no wonder it's Squarepusher's instrument of choice, and FlyLo puts Thundercat's contributions to great use. If you only listen to rock like a pleb, then yeah, you won't be able to appreciate bass. But if you open your ears to other genres (especially jazz), you'll actually be able to understand how great the bass actually is.
>>
>>61133319
>and half the time nobody's going to hear him anyway
pls don¨t ever post again
>>
i am a retard and didn't even know what bass was supposed to sound like but when i finally went looking for a youtube video so i knew what to listen for i realize that bass is pretty great
>>
> Itt: buttblasted bedroom guitarists
>>
kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYaMLL6mepw
>>
>>61133319
>half the time nobody's going to hear him anyway.
that makes a good bass player.
if the bass wouldnt be there the entire thing would sound like shit and lack substance.

drummer here. without my >50 bass mate there wouldnt be a point to even try.
>>
lmao @ yr opinions, I play guitar and bass and in almost everything, the bass is the second most important instrument after the drums.
plus it can be way more fun to play
>>
plebs hold this opinion because they use either shitty earbuds with no bass or shitty Beats that turn everything into nigrabass
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 391x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 391x461
>>61133319
>what does the bassist do?

Literally everything because the rest of the band are retarded
>>
File: 1449428288261.png (64 KB, 331x286) Image search: [Google]
1449428288261.png
64 KB, 331x286
Even guitar already have bass strings.
Like any of you have a real answer to OP? everybody dont know why the bass is "important".
>>
Nice meme center pic lol
>>
>>61133319
Just try listening to something you like without the bass. The bass adds dimension. Someone's clearly frustrated.
>>
>>61133319
nigga have you heard a jazz song ever
>>
>>61133319
The Electric Eels wanted to be the worst band in the world. They also had no bass player.
>>
>>61134396
lol @ this kid wannabe skillrex baka
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxOTgzNzM0Mjg1[2].jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxOTgzNzM0Mjg1[2].jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>61134748
Oh I forgot how the true genius behind Pink Floyd played bass guitar and not real guitar
>>
>>61135839
>true genius
>Pink Floyd
???
>>
>>61133360
yes it is, but some of us like it here. Now leave.
>>
>>61135843
>he hasn't listened to Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.