[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vibe magazine calls Tyler, The Creator the MVP artist of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: tyler.png (727 KB, 598x748) Image search: [Google]
tyler.png
727 KB, 598x748
http://www.vibe.com/featured/unpopular-opinion-tyler-the-creator-low-key-mvp-2015/

Damn, he really is a genius...
>>
his fall off is hilarious
>>
His music isn't bad his fanbase is. Answer is a good song.
>>
>>61131914

>fall off

>toured the world
>created own flog gnaw carnival
>created app
>continues to sell out all merch
>fanbase grows each year
>worked with kanye, pharrell, roy ayers on cherry bomb
>erykah badu called him a genius

lol @ you
>>
>>61131934

He has tons of good songs. It just depends on what style by Tyler you prefer. His dark stuff or his uplifting stuff or his agressive stuff. I love his chill rnb shit like Partyisntover, Analog 2, Find your wings, treehome 95. But when I was younger and angstier I loved his dark shit and still enjoy a few dark songs lowkey.
>>
>>61131945
ok
>>
>>61131894
lol vibe mag? wtf never heard of it
>>
>>61131959
I love his production, especially the R&B songs. He's kind of in the same boat as Childish Gambino and Tame Impala where his music sounds basic, but is produced very well instrumentally and very pleasant melodically.
>>
>>61131894
i dont even dislike him but wht has he done this year? i feel like i avent heard anything about this dude in a couple years
>>
>>61132198

Agreed. His production has always been his strong suit. Also my other two favorites are Okaga Ca and Let's Dance.
>>
>>61131945
>fanbase grows each year
ackshually:
>fanbase grows younger each year
>>
>>61132288

Fuck off. I'm 19 and nearly 20, not young.
>>
I used to love Tyler so much but man cherry bomb was so bad.
>>
>>61131945
fuck off ty.... u fell off big time
>>
>>61132314

How? Only bad parts are Buffalo, Run, Keep Da O's and the first part of Cherry Bomb. The rest is good-great.

Okaga Ca, Perfect, Smuckers, Fucking Young, Deathcamp, 2Seater >>>>>>
>>
>>61132314
The noisy track that resembled Death Grips gave a foul taste after listening to it. At least Fucking Young and Find Your Wings were a good listen, eh?
>>
>>61132418

That's another thing I don't get.

Why does /mu/ hate that track/Cherry Bomb yet love Deathgrips? I don't get it. He said he was inspired by them and is a big fan and I think it sounds cool... explain. The bandwagon hate is dumb.
>>
>>61132309
lol
>>
>>61132409
>>61132418
I don't think there was one song I enjoyed more than anything off of Wolf
>>
>>61132457

Okaga Ca And Find Your Wings is better than anything on Wolf though.
>>
I respect Tyler as a creator (no pun intended) but he really fucked himself over by popularizing himself with the edgy angle. It only made it harder for him to branch out into more serious projects like Cherry Bomb. At least his clothing line is doing well for him, but I feel like its trying way too hard to be Supreme.
>>
>>61132483
>bimmer
>slater
>IFHY
>Campfire
>Rusty
>jamba

Better than all those?
>>
>>61132545

What? Golf is quite unique and colorful, don't see how it relates to Supreme honestly.

And I see your point but keep in mind Tyler was only 18/19 when Bastard and Goblin came out. He was still young and mostly just fucking around. He didn't expect to blow up to the level that he did. I respect him wanting to branch out and mature somewhat. It's part of life. I think it's actually pretty cool too.
>>
nigga looks like a goddamn easter egg
>>
>>61132554

Slater isn't that great IMO besides the synth and I think Partyisntover is better than Campfire but if anything I'd say the closest to those would be Treehome 95 and Partyisntover and possibly Awkward.

Either way, I hear you and think Wolf is more cohesive overall I still think Cherry Bomb is better production-wise on some songs.
>>
This guy's videos have some incredible visuals. Very colourful and vibrant. Does he shoot these himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lDqMx4rmFU
>>
>>61132545
I don't feel like it is trying to be Supreme at all. Supreme collaborates with other brands, artists, and designers while Golfwang is solely Tyler. Plus Supreme has a much darker vibe than Golfwang. The only thing that is even of comparison is how fast the merchandise sells out.
>>
>>61132742
he's been on a major label since before odd future's first album. they dump a shitload of cash into his videos, just like they do for any pop artist. he's not doing anything himself.
>>
cant believe there are odd future stans on here in 2015 lol
>>
>>61132792
Earl Sweatshirt and the Internet's albums weren't too bad.
>>
>>61132776

Come on, this is not true. He does all the videos and production himself. Look it up.
>>
>>61131945
Hi Tyler.
>>
>>61132409
>buffalo, run, keep da o's
>bad
lol @ u
>>
>>61133274
go to sleep tyler
>>
>>61131945

go to bed T
>>
>>61131945
>still has daddy issues
>>
>>61132452
The more I listen to Cherry Bomb the more I hear. After Smuckers and the outro for fucking young it's probably my favourite track
>>
>>61131945
>fan base grows each year

nah
>>
>>61134309
>Earl Sweatshirt's and The Internet's albums weren't too bad
>implying this makes that guy an OF fuckboy

nah

generally on point but that post in particular nah
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=y6Dv5Y8h5VA

God Yonkers is shit, listening to people rap along to this adolescent garbage is cringe as fuck.
>>
>>61131934
>His music
Um, he doesn't make music.
>>
I love wolfs instrumentals something about cherry bomb sucked harder then Asian women at a massage parlor I mean like only songs I like from cherry bomb was find your wings,okaga,buffalo,smuckers hopefully next album has wolf vibe.
>>
>>61136255
>sucked harder then Asian women at a massage parlor
LMFAOOOOO XDDDDD XDDD GOOD ONE TOP KEK
>>
>>61131894
1. NO! This is a pro-black, pro-hip hop artist magazine.

2. This is Puff Diddy's magazine.

3. This is not their actual list this is an alternative take.

4. Featured / Unpopular Opinion which is wrong most of time, as this.

5. Tyler fell off. Cherry Bomb is a mess. Hes not a genius but a clown.
>>
>>61134794
I'm not gonna lie, Goblin fucking sucks. I tried to actually go back and listen to some of the songs of it, and it is fucking trash. Hell Bastard is miles ahead of Goblin.

Lol but "Kill People Burn Shit Fuck School" amirite?
>>
Literally forgot about him
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.