[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FACT: Animal Collective will never be ballsy enough to make an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_n9xes3u5Iu1tiu35zo1_1280.jpg (457 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9xes3u5Iu1tiu35zo1_1280.jpg
457 KB, 700x700
FACT: Animal Collective will never be ballsy enough to make an album like this again.
>>
>>61130623
everyone knew this already faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1304x763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1304x763
>>61130623
Idk if ballsy if the right word. They are just too old and don't have the youthful spirit that created their experimentalism but at least we have their older recordings that captured that magic
>>
this album is pretty much like poppier early boredoms and black dice tho. i mean, it's great, but it wasn't super revolutionary or "out-there" or anything.
>>
>>61130653
lmao, you can never escape Lauren worshipping on mu.

and I really hope they bang out at least one more super freaky experimental album at least once more before they retire.
>>
>>61130723
oddsac was pretty great
>>
>>61130756

oh yeah, and that movie that accompanied it was the perfect trip too
>>
Post-Sung Tongs AnCo is better anyways. Only contrarians think otherwise.
>>
>>61130723
They have it in them but nowhere near the same level as early stuff. There is that one sonic youth album that covered shit like Steve reich which is love to see anco do something similar to

I just like whoever made that meme image cause she really does look like wojak in it
>>
>>61130623
So what? It's not even close to their best.

Shit tasters will give me You's
>>
>>61130784

HCTI up to MPP was their best era. Pre-HCTI, they were still working out their kinks, and post MPP, they're just an indiepop group pretending to be experimental.
>>
>>61130781
it legitimately has some of their best music on it imo and i don't even like the movie a whole lot.
>>
Thankfully. That album is nearly unlistenable

everything post-Sung Tongs = superior
>>
>>61130784
STGSTV
T
G
S
T
V
>>
>>61130849
O V E R R A T E D
>>
>>61130869
It's really not when you consider their age and the amount of content in each song. I would say anyone who hates on it yet likes other albums is a contrarion
>>
>>61130849
like he said; contrarians
>>
>>61130892
It's DEFINITELY not contrarian to have that opinion.
>>
>>61130892
god, i hate the "but they were 19 when they made it!!!!" reasoning for why it's so great. yeah, and it sounds like it.
>>
>>61130906
Then let's agree that those who don't think post sung tongs is better aren't contrarians either
>>
>>61130931

true, it is juvenile sounding in some places, but still holds up really well.
>>
>>61130832

>they're just an indiepop group pretending to be experimental.

They're not experimenting anymore, they've already found their sound.
>>
>>61130977
you can find your sound and have it remain consistent and cohesive yet still experiment and be experimental
>>
>>61131002
>consistent
>while being experimental

So where should we start with how wrong you are?
>>
>>61131050
yes, you can have a base sound that sounds like "you" as a band and that can identify you, but you can def still experiment. excuse the obvious reference points, but you can always tell it's a residents album, you can always tell it's an autechre record, or a matmos album, or a haswell album etc. even as they shift their aesthetics from album to album (or project). they always keep a core and consistent motif or philosophy or approach to their sound.
>>
>>61130784
I don't think consider Feels to be in the same era as their pop releases as all. It felt like the conclusion to a chapter. There was nowhere to go from there, and so they went pop.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.