[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't believe that Fantano gave this thing a 4. To my ears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: newplace.jpg (93 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
newplace.jpg
93 KB, 480x480
Can't believe that Fantano gave this thing a 4. To my ears this is one of the most unique and absorbing albums of the year. Sounds like Archy spent a year buried underground listening to Actress, Burial, and Mount Kimbie records. Obviously the move away from guitar into more experimental territory was going to alienate some fans but it was a risky and bold move that paid off well. The fusion of future garage rhythms with hip-hop production and his deep, crooning voice sounds like something utterly new and refreshing to my ears while still as personal as his first record. Feel like Fantano just did a cursory listen of this record with a pre-disposed viewpoint rather than hearing the artistry on this thing.
>>
>Giving a shit about Fantandingomandingoateadingoandfapstoringo's opinion
>>
File: download.jpg (923 B, 46x46) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
923 B, 46x46
>>61130484
>>
>>61130484
What album is this?
>>
>>61130500
The thing is that Fantano has a sizable influence over music listeners - if he pans a record a large amount of people are going to similarly dismiss it and parrot his opinions without giving it a fair chance or thinking for themselves. Same deal with Pitchfork. I think he's a fine reviewer with some good insight but the amount of power he wields through YouTube is annoying
>>
I also really enjoyed the record. I love the depressive atmosphere his works under King Krule invoked, and I'm glad that same atmosphere translated over to a more hip-hop/downtempo sound.

Plus I can't get enough of Archy's vocals.

>>61130565
A New Place 2 Drown
>>
>>61130565
Archy Marshall - A New Place 2 Drown
>>
>>61130484

Really love the album as well but I feel it plays better in the background rather then actively listening to it.
>>
>>61130581
So? Like what you like. The music industry isn't even profitable for newcomers any more, so it's not like your favourite band is losing out on something. They weren't going to make any money regardless.
>>
dean blunt lite
>>
>>61130733
More like Dean Blunt done right
>>
>>61130651
>BUT I NEED A NUMBER ATTACHED TO MUH FAVORITE ALBUM OR ITS NOT MUH FAVORITE ALBUM

people who care that much about reviews are idiots.
>>
He did his own unique thing with the whole uk garridge sound, it wasn't super bold but it was very enjoyable, plus the vocals fit in super well. Id love more guitar and acoustic instruments in songs but why try to just make the same album again. Also fantano plebs are going to do whatever he says unless its about one of their favorite artists, no surprise there.
>>
i like the transition into heavier hip hop influence, with the abstract and spacious beats, i agree tho >>61131123 i think more guitar should've been incorporated.
>>
File: archie.jpg (89 KB, 350x322) Image search: [Google]
archie.jpg
89 KB, 350x322
>>61130484
>spent a year underground
you're right, but not because he was listening to new music.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.