[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Woah, hey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 23
File: Sung Tongs.jpg (1 MB, 1417x1414) Image search: [Google]
Sung Tongs.jpg
1 MB, 1417x1414
It's the best Animal Collective album
>>
Kitties
>>
File: feels.jpg (72 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
72 KB, 445x445
sorry but this exists
>>
For me its STGSTV or Feels
>>
>tfw everyone always things i'm just being contrary but it actually is the best
>>
File: merriweather post pavilion.jpg (123 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
merriweather post pavilion.jpg
123 KB, 450x450
stop lying to yourselves guys
>>
>>61120330
Not the best but i understand why youd say so
>>
File: download (5).jpg (20 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
20 KB, 225x225
>still believing the anything other than CHz is best anco album meme
>>
>>61120398
>le CHz isn't shit meme
can we please just let this die?
>>
>>61120308
>>61120309
Feels is good but I feel like the people that like it the most just like the familiarity of rock, and don't appreciate their smarter and more unique work. STG falls in a similar category, but the songwriting is pretty flat. It's pretty obvious that they were young, most people stretch their songs out too long without enough ideas when they first start writing. I think it's their most overrated album.

>>61120158
Sung Tongs is tied for my favorite too op.
>>
>>61120398
>>61120449
It's not shit, but it's definitely one of their least successful albums. They tried too hard to make it abrasive, and not hard enough to make it composed.
>>
>>61120398
Centipede Hz is good, wtf. Why does no one give it a chance? Have you even heard New Town Burnout?
>>
>>61120449
>your post
see, you're doing it again
>>
Posting mine
Sung>Spirit>DM>MPP>HCTI>CS>Feels>SJ>CHZ
>>
>>61120449
seriously, just listen to it...
>>
>>61120540
you missed the point of my post; i was saying that CHz is their best album
>>
>>61120569
No you're right, I replied to the wrong post my bad, man.
>>
water curses is their best EP no doubt
>>
>>61120540
That and Pulleys are the two best tracks. Pulleys is completely underrated. 6/4 time signature with measures of 2/4 for accent, a consistent theme that builds upon its ideas throughout, doesn't try hard to be three different songs at once, good lyricism, good production... The only thing that I would say as criticism is that they probably could've ended it 30 seconds sooner without losing anything you hadn't heard on the song already.
>>
>>61120553
Well if this is happening
Spirit=Feels>SJ>ST>HCTI>MPP>CHz>Danse
>>
>>61120581
Fall Be Kind is at least pretty close. A lot of people think MPP era was their pop era, but it's actually closer to just being their edm era, which are two different things. SJ was their poppiest period, and that extends to WC.
>>
Feels > STGSTV > HCTI > MPP > Sung Tongs > Danse > Campfire Songs > Strawberry Jam > CHz
>>
>>61120500
That's literally the opposite of me. I find rock in general to be pretty boring and samey, and Feels is easily my favorite anco album. It's got intense feels (obviously), it's got both poppy songs and weird ambient jams, it's just all around great and balanced. Sung Tongs is close, though. In general, I find that Mid era anco>early anco>late anco, with the eras being divided up between HCTI and Sung Tongs and between People and Strawberry Jam
>>
>>61120581
Prospect Hummer > People > Fall Be Kind > Water Curses
>>
>>61120605
Campfire Songs is in between HCTI and MPP, forgot to rank it
>>
>>61120641
Prospect Hummer>Water Curses>Fall>People
However People is very underrated
>>
>>61120587
Honestly, my complaint about Pulleys is that it's not longer. I love Pulleys. If there was such thing as Pulleys - Extended I'd be so down.

OH WAIT THERE IS.
>>
All the live albums have great experimentation
If you haven't hunted for the rare live albums/bootlegs I suggest you do
>>
>>61120158
Yes.

Winters Love --> We Tigers is the GOAT song run in AnCo history
>>
>>61120553
Feels>PH>Hollinndagain>CS=ST>HCTI=ODDSAC>CHz>MPP>DM>SJ
>>
>>61120553
>>61120605
ST=MPP>SJ>Feels>>HCTI=CS>CHz=STG

Don't know Danse or Hollinndagain very well.

WC=Oddsac=FBK>People>PH, although they're all great.

PP>DT=YP>SF=TB>>>>>>>>>PBMtGR

Floridada is pretty good, and a lot of the amazon samples sounded pretty cool despite the heavy heavy use of the Boy's Latin hocketing. Looking forward to it, hope their next album comes out sooner and they do something with acoustics again someday.
>>
>>61120687
Thank god What has Animal Crack Box
>>
>>61120709
I'm going to see them in Philly I hope they play some new tracks.
>>
>>61120709
Finally someone who has taste that's nothing like mine but also is not generic Spirit at the top, CHz and Danse on the bottom nonsense
>>
>>61120681
the live at 9:30 version is one of the greatest music recordings of all time
>>
>>61120709
Person Pitch for most overrated AnCo side project album.
>>
>>61120778
live at 9:30 was such a great relief for having no new AnCo at the time.
>>
File: 220px-Hollinndagain.jpg (13 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Hollinndagain.jpg
13 KB, 220x220
Every time I listen to this, I begin to think about my own death and it depresses me. Why?
>>
File: 1448398995399s.jpg (6 KB, 250x217) Image search: [Google]
1448398995399s.jpg
6 KB, 250x217
>>61120500
>STG
>flat songwriting
>>
>>61120778
9:30 was so great. the MPP version of Brothersport seems neutered compared to the version on 9:30
>>
>>61120709
you totally lost me on the side projects; all of panda's albums are pretty much equal in quality, and certainly better than down there or slasher flicks (although both of those are still GOAT)
>>
>>61120815
IMO*
>>
File: flesh canoe.png (61 KB, 356x452) Image search: [Google]
flesh canoe.png
61 KB, 356x452
>>61120640
That's strange considering the instrumentation and song structure is closest to riffy indie rock in Feels. To be honest I think the ambient tracks on Feels are some of their least interesting ambient works. Flesh Canoe is like a pretty boring uneventful song where the only thing that's different is the fact the verses have like an arbitrary meter for their phrases. I think the lyrics are nice, and the fact that it's about Panda is pretty interesting, but I really find it dull and kind of a drag to listen through it because it's so repetitive and the melody is so uneventful. Daffy Duck and Bees are better but I still think they're too long for how little happens in them. Love Loch Raven though.

Basically I just don't think the instrumentation is as interesting, and I kind of hate redundant repetition, which Feels is full of imo.
>>
>>61120879
You're literally the worst please get out
>>
>>61120784
Ok, but why do you think that? It's got good songwriting, experimentation that works, a sound palette that's distinct from anything they had done up to that point, good performances, songs that progress with new ideas before old ones get stale... The only reason I would put it above Down There is because DT has a lot of songs that suffer pretty significantly from the amateur production. Laughing Hieroglyphic and Cemetaries are two of my favorite AnCo songs period just for context.
>>
>>61120805
The chord progressions, dynamics (mostly due to the shotty production), and repetitive songs structures are all pretty flat imo, I stand by that.
>>
if you've never taken acid their music won't connect with you anyway

Mpp is their best
>>
>>61120978
don't be that guy
>>
>>61120978
I've always loved their music, but I listened to a lot of it the other day on acid, including this like restructuring of Feels that included the People EP and used Must Be Treeman as transitions, and oh my god was it good like holy shit
>>
>>61120978
>if you've never taken acid their music won't connect with you anyway
Not true.
>>
>>61120815
Tomboy is the start of Panda's use of less and less interesting percussion, and redundant songwriting where you hear the same things without change over and over. Grim Reaper is honestly the worst AnCo release period. Some of the worst lyricism of any release, songs that literally have maybe three loops that just get copy/pasted for like four minutes, and the most boring percussion yet. I was completely disappointing by it, and yes that includes Tropic of Cancer, which is worse in every way to the pure emotion (and pretty amazing amount of melodic variation) he displays in reaction to his dad's death in the first track of Young Prayer, and it's so repetitive that I literally have a hard time listening to it even once. The Tchaikovsky sample was nice, but man did he run it into the ground.
>>
>>61121088
>some of the worst lyricism
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>61120922
Care to discuss? Most of the reason the arrhythmic songs on Feels don't work for me is the sort of meandering melodies Avey croons out over them. The ambiance itself is nice, but Avey's melodies totally bore me. I'm glad that they tried that, but I'm also glad they stopped. Visiting Friends, Mouth Wooed Her, and Whaddit I Done? are all more interesting to me, although I think Good Lovin Outside suffers from the same sort of monotony that the ambient tracks on Feels do.
>>
>>61120978

you're an idiot
>>
>>61120978
Psychedelics might give you an extra perspective on their music, but it doesn't necessarily mean you can't connect with it while sober. In fact, what I just said applies to literally all music and art.
>>
>>61121202
To elaborate, we've all had dreams, which is pretty similar to psychedelics in a lot of ways.
>>
/r/ing Animal Crack Box
Links are down for it.
>>
>>61121140
Every fish that swim in the sea, don't eat it
See what you can and you can't do (ooh)

He just has nothing in the way of a vocabulary. Here's me riffing on what could easily be a Panda lyric.

I just want to have a place that feels GOOD,
Don't rush on the things that you SHOULD,
I say I can't but you know I WOULD,
Keep it up like floating driftWOOD.

Would I
Should I
You know that feels good

Can I
Will I
It's all understood

Now here's some actual Panda Lyrics

If you
If you
If you
Look back

Would you
Would you
Would you
Look back

What have you done?
Have you done
Have you he said

What did you do?
Did you do
Did you he said

How do you feel?
Do you feel
Do you he said

Was it
Was it
Was it worthwhile?

Was it
Was it
Was it worthwhile?

Like... God damn, is he even trying?
>>
>>61121170
I just think the soundscapes on Daffy Duck and bees are enough on their own. There's enough to them, and Daffy Duck is structured pretty standard (as well as flesh canoe), so idk that ine's not really particularly unusual, it's kind of like a campfire songs track, it's about the atmosphere. I think that's what it boils down to, is that they're the most atmospheric tracks to me, and I don't see how one couldn't just love them. As for flesh canoe, I think it's a wonderful love song (and yeah, that thing about panda is a joke, I don't remember where the full article is, but I remember someone explaining how the whole interview was less of a formal interview and more of them just like shooting the shit with the guy, if I can find all that I'll post it), and it's got this these like pulsating swells and it's altogether just not as formless and uninteresting as people like to say it is. Idk, it's all a feeling. Those songs put a lot of things in my head, it's a shame to see people not really give them a fair chance, and it's like most people
>>
>>61121341
Maybe Panda's music isn't about lyricism it's about the MUSIC
>>
>>61121341
haha, this side of paradise literally has good lyrics; if you don't think that:

isn't good, you have no sense of humor or tolerance to silliness.

also no offense, I love lonely wanderer, but there is literally nothing innovative about the actual choice of words in that song; the idea being the track is great, but that can be conveyed in so many better ways
>>
>>61120330
I used to hate it. But I've grown to have this tied with STGSTV for 3rd and 4th favorite.
>>
>>61121434
fuck

is good*, not isn't good
>>
>>61121387
Lyricism is part of the art as a whole, and while you CAN disregard it I don't think ignoring weak points is a healthy reaction to criticism, but like I said, the music is repetitive and bland. It was undynamic, copy pasted, and uncreative, given that he covered zero new ground in the context of their prior releases. Mostly it's just the redundant repetition though, that's where the music fails.
>>
>>61120398
No, this album was pretty fucking bad. I've given it a billion chances.

>>61120553
I've done this a million times. But it has changed recently so

MPP > HCTI > CS = STGSTV > Sung Tongs > Hollin > Feels > SJ = Danse > CHz
>>
>>61121522
>SJ=Danse
care to elaborate?
>>
>>61121434
>also no offense, I love lonely wanderer, but there is literally nothing innovative about the actual choice of words in that song

That was my entire point. The lyricism was bad. I get the silliness thing, that's valid, but I don't think that that necessarily negates the criticism. It's hardly any sillier than plenty of other tracks, and honestly, even understanding that it's supposed to be goofy doesn't make it interesting or good. You can still be creative with language, which I don't think he is.
>>
>>61121492
Although I see what you're saying, I think the repetition was what he was going for on this album and IMO and in a lot of other people's opinions, this repetition is not redundant, uncreative, or bland and PBMTGR deserves a little better rating than this exaggerated hate:

>PP>DT=YP>SF=TB>>>>>>>>>PBMtGR
>>
MPP is their favourite album for me, every song resonates with my life experiences

I can see why people on 4chan would prefer their energetic, youthful output because that would similarly resonate with the people I expect post here (not insulting you at all here)
>>
>>61121563
Panda isn't creative with language; that's how he writes songs. Plain and simple, you like it or you don't, and a lot of people do just as there are people that don't.

Minus its own repetitive nature, PBVSGR is sonically the only album that sounds the way it does and has a pretty unique soundscape which I think holds merit on its own.
>>
File: pandabear_vs_tgr.jpg (477 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
pandabear_vs_tgr.jpg
477 KB, 1500x1500
I really liked PBMTGR.

Boys Latin
Actual Lyrics:

"Beasts don’t have a second to think
but we don’t appreciate our things

Dark cloud
descended again
has a dark cloud descended again
and a shadow moves in the darkness"

What I Hear:

WEWEWOWOHAHAUHUHSESETOTOTITIBIBA
WEWEDONTPRECIATEEHEHAHAHTHINGSBUTBUT
[repeat xinfinity]
DARK CLOUUUUUUUUUD...
>>
>>61121559
I'd say those are the two AnCo albums I'm Neutral on. I'd give them both 5/10. Danse I think as a whole gets a bit more of an edge, but there are individual tracks on SJ that are better (it'd probably get a slight edge over Danse if Safer was between #1 and Winter Wonderland).

I don't hate either album, but they're definitely not one of the AnCo albums I'm visiting constantly.

>>61121522
Just wanna say real quick. You're free to like CHz, but liking it best I simply can't understand. If you do though it's whatever.
>>
>>61120946
I just don't think PP is sonically as resonant with me as say Tomboy or even PBVSGR, which is new, and has some weak tracks on it, but a lot of it hit me hard on first listen.

I like some of the things on PP, as a whole though, it just doesn't feel as good. I'm Not is incredible, so is Take Pills, and Comfy in Nautica is nice, but there's a lot of things on that album that I just don't think worked.
>>
>>61121729
Uh, tripfag

He likes CHz the least
>>
>>61121701
He's saying every word twice. That vocal composition is incredible to me. No one really makes vocals like this and especially not over this music.

I like Boys Latin. Get at me.
>>
>>61121729
>but liking it best I simply can't understand
That's how I feel about people who rate HCTI as their favorite AnCo album.

Not a joke, how am I supposed to take in HCTI? I like Native Belle and Panic, but that's about it.
>>
Who else still /floridada/ here?

I come back to it every couple days. I think I have autism
>>
>>61121812
Still good to me, but it's potential to get overplayed is high. We need another single.
>>
Hello Anco fans,

Does anyone here have "The Feeling Store" version of feels and if so, what's your opinion on it. I've heard some say that its better than feels but i'm not sure if i want to listen to it
>>
>>61121812
You think the new album is gonna be a throwback to Strawberry Jams or MPP or do you think they are gonna take it in a new direction?
>>
>>61120500
Feels is my favorite album of theirs and one of my favorite albums of all time, and I love how emotional and mesmerizing it is. The second half is especially beautiful, with everyone in the band creates amazing sonic landscapes while Avey Tare paints beautiful, abstract pictures of emotion with simple words. The first and second half have an interesting contrast. Sometimes I'll put it on to listen to the more straightforward fun songs on the first half and wind up getting completely drawn in by the more ambient songs on the second half and just sit there listening to the whole thing. The album sounds like the musical embodiment of bliss and happiness to me. Few albums compare for me.
>>
File: whoa.png (236 KB, 557x381) Image search: [Google]
whoa.png
236 KB, 557x381
I do not trust anyone who thinks Strawberry Jam isn't their best.
>>
>>61121902
If you've heard the Amazon snippets, you'd know the answer already...
>>
>>61121934
I do not trust anyone who thinks Strawberry Jam is their best.
>>
>>61121893
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/tfmx90rvh6qwjrg/AC-TFS.zip
Just downloading it now. Apparently there's also "Ark", an early version of HCtI, as well.
>>
>>61121957
same
>>
>>61121986
>>61121957
I don't trust you people.
>>
>>61121934
I really don't understand how people could rank that above albums like Here Comes the Indian and Feels.
>>
>>61120500
I would agree with you on the stretching of ideas out, but one those extended codas have strong emotional impact tied to the songs themselves. If anything young songwriters either cut songs too short or have useless solos or bad verses. STG is kind of a surprising gem for a 20 yr old kid to write.
>>
AnCo with guitars > AnCo with synths
I also love Panda's drumming on their earlier releases.
>>
SOMETIMES I'M TALKATIVE
AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE NOT TALKATIVE
>>
>>61121978
>Apparently there's also "Ark", an early version of HCtI, as well.
Yeah I was wondering about Ark as well. From what I've heard, Ark is pretty similar but there's way less vocals.
>>
File: 1408396755039.jpg (19 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
1408396755039.jpg
19 KB, 400x303
>>61120581
Prospect Hummer incoming
>>61120641
>>61120666
Ya'll are my niggas. Acoustic AnCo is best AnCo.
>>
>>61120778
>>61120797
>>61120814
I was there AMA
>>
>>61121573
Verbatim repetition is inherently uncreative and I think pretty arguably redundant. Repetition is a tool that can be used in many different ways. In Brothersport there's lots of repetition, but ever couple measures layers are either being dropped out or kicked in, and they build and swell towards some dynamic climax, but in Grim Reaper it's about as bad as it could be. My rating is just an accurate depiction of how I feel about the album. I'll throw on Tomboy occasionally, if only for a few of the tracks. But Grim Reaper was legitimately irritating to listen to. He's regressed as a songwriter to the point that I would avoid that album to the same degree that I would avoid top 40's radio.
>>
File: 1433360818219.jpg (228 KB, 742x742) Image search: [Google]
1433360818219.jpg
228 KB, 742x742
Best album right here
>>
>>61121701
>I can't hear the lyrics
One of the most classic shit arguments against songwriting
>>
File: cause I feel.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cause I feel.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>61122061

>the last two minutes of Chocolate Girl
>>
File: 1450299280585.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450299280585.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
GOD TIER (10)
Here Comes The Indian
Strawberry Jam

FANTASTIC TIER (9)
Feels
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Water Curses
Fall Be Kind

GREAT TIER (8)
Sung Tongs

GOOD TIER (7)
Campfire Songs
Prospect Hummer

OKAY TIER (6)
Centipede Hz
STGSTV
People

EH TIER
Danse Manatee

UHH Tier
Hollllindandgaidn
>>
>>61122153
thank you bless you
>>
>>61121772
Boys latin is good, but this is not the first time something like this has been done, and certainly not a particularly creative example of it. It's a lot like the latter half of Ready, Able by Grizzly Bear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puph1hejMQE

and Dirty Projectors make amazing use of hocketing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OU2kfE3Qno&list=PLxLrpImtYq8Ee_Jgp5rBaV7WdWY_l3wyU&index=3
>>
>>61122200
I always get goosebumps and chills.
Nice digits btw
>>
>>61122200
yes
>>
>>61122209
Anyone who says Strawberry Jam is their best album deserves to eat that shit that's on the cover.
>>
>>61122285
anco fans are usually nicer than this
are you autistic, my dear?
>>
>>61122285
>implying that strawberry jam isnt fucking tasty as shit
>>
>>61122246
I mean I know it's not the only time it's been done, but few people really do it well.

I love Dirty Projectors and GB, that EP with Bjork is great.

Beautiful Mother is best.
>>
>>61122335
The DP's are just awesome anyways. You dig The Getty Address? If not get on that shit, it's basically a glitch rock album
>>
>>61122330
>>61122311
Serious question though, anyone know who took those photos though and what the fuck is in that shit besides strawberries?
>>
>>61120158
NEW ANCO LYRICS LEAKED
>>
>>61122368
What? Let's see them anon
>>
File: star-wars-force-awakens.jpg (23 KB, 635x409) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-force-awakens.jpg
23 KB, 635x409
so I just started listening to animal collective. started with mpp, which I liked, and then listened to sj. right now, I probably like sj the most. I like fireworks a lot, if that gives you an idea of what I'm looking for. where should I go next? what's my path into anco?
>>
>>61122405

Alright, here they are

Jitterbug [4X]

You put the boom-boom into my heart
You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain
Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
But something's bugging you
Something ain't right
My best friend told me what you did last night
Left me sleepin' in my bed
I was dreaming, but I should have been with you instead.

Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)

You take the grey skies out of my way
You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day
Turned a bright spark into a flame
My beats per minute never been the same

'Cause you're my lady, I'm your fool
It makes me crazy when you act so cruel
Come on, baby, let's not fight
We'll go dancing, everything will be all right

'Cause I'm not plannin'' on going solo
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah, baby)

(Jitterbug)
(Jitterbug)

Cuddle up, baby, move in tight
We'll go dancing tomorrow night
It's cold out there, but it's warm in bed
They can dance, we'll stay home instead

(Jitterbug)

'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
Take me dancing tonight
Wake me up before you go-go, don't you dare to leave me hanging on like a
yo-yo
Take me dancing

(Boom-boom-boom)
>>
>>61122430

keep going backwards
>>
>>61122361
it just looks like crushed strawberries and heavy juices topped with a garnish.
>>
>>61122311
Autistic people are jerks.
>>
>>61122430
Water Curses, Spirit They're Gone, Here Comes The Indian (chaotic, melodic and noisy, ambient at times), Centipede Hz
>>
>>61122453
Not autistic, but ok.
>>
File: W-w...what.jpg (4 KB, 250x208) Image search: [Google]
W-w...what.jpg
4 KB, 250x208
>>61122439
First I fall for a download of Beauty by NMH which ends up being Hotline Bling by Drake 11 times, and now I fall for this. My life is in shambles
>>
>>61122506
>downloading things on /mu/ outside of sharethreads
enjoy your screamer virus
>>
>>61122555
Nigga it was on a sharethread
>>
>>61122569
enjoy your screamer virus
>>
>>61120360
Yeah guys really, MPP is the obvious choice here.
>>
>>61121701
I love this album. There are a lot of great songs on it.
>>
File: Breeze.jpg (10 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
Breeze.jpg
10 KB, 300x298
Their best non-core/EP release desu
>>
>>61122439
why did I think was real for a sec? i'm a fucking idiot
>>
>>61122666
Devil numbers confirms. I've never seen the session with a sleeve before
>>
>>61122685
because anco lyrics are almost equally nonsensical and retarded, and this is coming from someone who loves anco
>>
>>61122666
/r/ing this
>>
>>61122748
>Avey Tare used to be able to write Banshee Beat.
>>
>>61122792
https://mega.nz/#F!Y8hWHBxI!rtkJlKEHTGCY_DPAXgEcPw

it's within this link "breezeblock"
>>
>>61122581
MPP has some very weak tracks.
Yes, it has In the Flowers, My Girls, Bluish, Taste, and Brothersport. It's hardly the quintessential Anco experience outside of those songs
>>
File: lifegerd.jpg (2 KB, 99x94) Image search: [Google]
lifegerd.jpg
2 KB, 99x94
>>61122702
>tfw no vinyl release
>>
>>61122846
Do you think No More Runnin' is weak?
>>
>>61122846
Summertime Clothes may be pleb, but I still think that song is great.
>>
>>61122748
only sometimes. but yes definitely sometimes.
>>
>>61122846
>Daily Routine
>Guys Eyes
>weak
>>
>>61122975
JUST
>>
>>61120814
brothersport on 9:30 IS neutered though. listen to more live versions of it.
>>
>>61122975

A
>>
>>61123096
B
>>
>>61122975
SEC
>>
>>61123113
C
>>
>>61123123
D
>>
>>61123113

MOOOOOOORE
>>
>>61123140
E
>>
>>61123147
F
>>
>>61123171
G
>>
Is it odd that I think this track is great? My favorite off CHz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_Ag7vk5X4
>>
>>61123191
It's my favorite off that album as well. It's the only song on there where it sounds naturally blissful and joyous, almost on a manic level. It's just bursting. I love it.
>>
>>61122114
Not adding new layers to repetition is a just as acceptable stylistic choice as adding them
>>
>>61123191
yes its very strange that you think a song is great
>>
>>61120330

Campfire Songs is criminally underrated
>>
>>61120158
*holds up spork*
>>
>>61124169
(You)
>>
File: personpitch.jpg (621 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
personpitch.jpg
621 KB, 1440x1440
Better than any AnCo release/any other AnCo solo albums and you all know it
>>
>>61121812
>>61121812
it's only grown on me more over time. Fucking love it
>>
>>61124421
dude NAH!!! FUCKING NAH DUDE!!!!
>>
>>61122200
greatest moment in Animal Collectives entire discography
>>
File: image.gif (85 KB, 420x380) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
85 KB, 420x380
>>61121522
>Feels below Hollin
>>
>>61124421
No.
>>
STGSTV >> HCTI > MPP > Danse > Hollinndagain >> ST > Campfire Songs > SJ >>> Feels >> CHz

i anticipate Painting With to fall around the SJ-Feels area, but i'm optimistic that it could be more inspired than that.
>>
Found the 9:30 release. Sorry if I'm a plen, but is it safe?
https://mega.nz/#!RYV3VZoR!fBME4P3CzBzBD8TMoMB7HqU2jWiJqVaSs3fcZPeXAOY
>>
animal collective is shit
>>
>>61124757
your head is shit
>>
>>61124757
says a tripfag named shithead
>>
>>61120398
RUN IT AGAIN AND THEN YOU RUN IT AGAIN AND THEN YOU LET IT OUUUUT LET IT OOOOUT

ONE THE EEEAGLE TWO THE NO-O-BLE THREE THE LIIIIZARD FOR THE SOUL FOR THE SOUL FOR THE SOUL FOR THE SOOOOOOUUUL

The album has a lot of great moments senpai. It's pretty good. I never understand why people call it shit.
>>
>>61125182
LIKE THE ENTIRETY OF PULLEYS AND WIDE EYED FOR EXAMPLE
>>
>>61125521
Wide Eyed is so amazing
We need the Deak.
>>
>>61125588
wide eyed is good, but keep him off anco albumz plz
>>
>>61125604
He needs to put out a solo album already.
>>
>>61125182
exactly. on my first listen, i thought "how is this bad? oh, wait, it isn't"
>>
>>61124651
Fuck you.
>>
Anyone heard Painting With?

My Dad is Avey Tare and so far I've only heard the bathroom recordings and the Amazon Samples. Seems like it's gonna be good.
>>
>>61125604
>>61125624
Deakin wasn't on the recordings for Painting With, so you'll get your wish, but I doubt it's because of his solo album. We're never gonna get it, it's been years.
>>
>>61126386
Your mum here, I heard another bathroom track that hasn't leaked yet. It was a Geo track made entirely from samples of the sound of me taking The Deak in the bathroom
Get ready for your new half brother ;^)
>>
Can we talk about Danse for a bit? Namely, why it is considered universally bad (and often terrible)? I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy Hollinndagain when it is so rarely mentioned, and Danse is similar but does its own thing very well. The harsh noise in a few songs adds a lot to it. It also has a few comfy songs which I like.

What's not to love about it?
>>
>>61126867
No, we can not talk about Danse for a bit
>>
>>61126867
it's considered universally bad because /mu/tants like the LOL SO RANDUM XD busy, over-produced pop drek on Feels and SJ and can't into sitting down for 45 minutes to listen to an album without ten cans of Red Bull and forty five YouTube tabs open simultaneously, so they complain it's too le experimentul
>>
>>61124421
Panda's 1999 debut is better than Person Pitch

Self Titled > Tomboy > PBVSGR > Person Pitch > Young Prayer
>>
>>61127114
>>
>>61127114
Just stop it you
>>
>>61120260
meeeoww
>>
>>61120158
What animal collective can be best played over something?
>>
>>61127391
oddsac
>>
>>61127500
>>61127391
I'm saying because I'm trying to get into Animal Collective, but I'm also doing something else at the same itme.
>>
File: 1443028082231.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1443028082231.gif
2 MB, 360x203
>>61127114
Down there > That shit
>>
Did anyone in here see them during their sung tongs era of shows? What was it like? Of course they look a bit silly in the videos, but I imagine shit like that can come across totally different live
>>
>>61127096
underrate postal
>>
>A Lover Once Can No Longer Now Be a Friend
>Sometimes When It Hurts Bad Enough It Feels Like This
>O Please Bring Her Back
a-are you okay Noah
>>
SJ>CS>ST>STGSTV>Feels>MPP>HCTI>Danse>CHz
>>
>>61128511
There's a few live reviews of what they were like from 03 and 04 on the waybackmachine tinymixtapes. The guy saw them playing acoustic and basically said it was cool but didn't really pay attention to it (he was there to see múm at the time). Now in 04 the group was basically playing all feels stuff and was super drony and full blown acid trip. The two other reviews on the site for 04 were very positive describing the experience as intense yet a little long during the transitions. He said when they performed with percussion (i.e purple bottle or grass) he said it was amazing.

Essentially people hadn't really seen psychedelic music like that, especially the way they performed with the gapless seems between songs.
>>
>>61120330
def my second favorite, so fucking ethereal it's insane
>>
>>61120553
stg>cs>feels>hcti>mpp=hollin>sj=sung tongs=chz(the first 5 songs are easily the best stretch in any anco album, but the end is just eh. ntb is still really good though)>dm

also im pretty sure i've finally listened to every anco song now. went back from chz, listened to all of the eps and singles up to st, then before listening to stgstv(i havent yet) i listened to a shitton of live rarities and now im listening to crack box. wanna stop listening to anco so much so i can listen to more music and i feel like this is a good sendoff until PW
>>
>>61121055
did it use fickle cycle? i feel like fickle cycle would fit REALLY well before purple bottle and after flesh canoe
>>
>>61129996
I feel like Painting With is going to be a very "love or hate" album, I love the droney stuff they do and also their poppy shit so I think i'll like PW.
Looks like it's going to have some amazing shit. Burglars, Bagels, On Delay, Recycling, Natural Selection and Golden Gal sound fucking amazing.
>>
>>61128591
Just downloaded that. "A Lover Once Can No Longer Now Be a Friend" is depressing as hell.
>>
>>61130111
im really hype. even though listening im currently listening to their really fucked up noisy abrasive inaccessible shit i still really enjoy their poppy stuff
>>
>>61130239
I do like how he spends half the album playing folk and the other half playing bleeps and bloops
>>
HCTI>Feels>Spirit=MPP=ST>SJ>CS>CHz>DM

what do you guys think about mine?
>>
>>61130517
I mean my list changes pretty daily but I agree if you flip HCTI and Feels. I have a soft spot for CS since I love acoustic guitars but I don't revisit it a lot unless I'm like tripping or smoking
>>
What are their top 3 SONGS?
>>
>>61124456
this tho
>>
>>61130577
In no order
1 - Alvin Row
2 - Brother Sport
3 - Fireworks
>>
>>61130577
fickle cycle
alvin row
moon jock
no order
>>
>>61130629
>>61130675
Nice taste my men
>>
>>61130577
No order
-Alvin Row
-Winters Love
-Fireworks or Winter Wonderland, i'm not sure
>>
>>61130675
Moonjock my nugga. I think that song has powers because live I danced with a 8/10 qt hawt momma and pissed off her boyfriend. Thank you based Avey
>>
>>61130577
1. Brother Sport
2. New Town Burnout
3. Moonjock
>>
>>61130577
No particular order
Winter's Love
Brother Sport
Winter Wonderland or April and the Phantom
>>
>>61130577
in no order
-april and the phantom
-essplode
-who could win a rabbit
>>
>>61120330
100% agree, fuck those people man

sung tongs is my second favorite but only because it's very acoustic like campfire songs and still sounds a lot more like anco usually sounds
>>
>>61130748
How can you actually think that? I'm not trying to be a dick but I can't imagine how 2 ChZ songs can best the rest of their entire discography, unless you haven't even listened.
>>
>>61130577
1. The purple bottle
2. Peacebone
3. Alvin row
>>
>>61131309
Especially when neither of which are Applesauce.
>>
>>61127114
L O L
>>
>>61130577
its hard but if i had to choose 3
>Alvin Row
>Brother Sport
>Winters Love (maybe Slippi?)
>>
>be me
>longtime /mu/tant, but not a huge AnCo fan (Haven't listened to anything before Sung Tongs to this day)
>was here for the MPP hype show
>majority of posters saying MPP and Feels were the best AnCo releases
>Some mentions of Spirit They're Gone, almost nothing on Indian
>Since the release of CHz
>Everyone is declaring STGSTV their best
>Today
>Here Comes the Indian at the top

As an AnCo pleb, can anyone explain this phenomenon? It seems like every few years, a new AnCo album is the best for the majority of anons. Not complaining, I just find it interesting.
>>
>>61130748
I don't know, maybe because they're GOAT songs? If you want me to expand to top 5 it's:

1. Brother Sport
2. New Town Burnout
3. Moonjock
4. Guys Eyes
5. WWIW?S
>>
>>61131328
Moonjock, NTB, Rosie Oh, and Pulleys are all better than Applesauce. Sorry family.
>>
>>61131695
Same guy, and yes I've heard every AnCo album, EP, etc.

I like pretty much everything that AnCo has put out, but I don't fuck around when I say that I like a lot of CHz
>>
>>61131671

After MPP, the others got too much exposure on /mu/. Now people think they're liking their popular stuff is pleb.

I say popular but in reality you'll struggle to find people that listen to AnCo so everyone's just trying to impress the other sad bastards on here.
>>
>>61131671
To sum up the truth, CHz/MPP are their best albums and STGSTV circlejerkers are just contrarian faggots.
>>
>>61131753
>>61131760
But do you recommend I check out their back catalog? I'm really mixed on them and like a good set of their snythy stuff and rockish stuff.

Should I start with STG and go forward towards Sung Tongs and see what I think? Or just let it be since I'm so mixed on them?
>>
>>61131790
Honestly, I consider 90% of all AnCo relatively great and worth checking out; I just don't really side with the older releases as much. You should at least hear STGSTV once all the way through regardless of what I think.
>>
>>61131821
I'll drop that on my agenda then.

I'm the worst oldfag /mu/tant ever, pretty much :^)
>>
>>61122355
>>61122355
More like a glitch rock opera
>>
>>61130577
Street Flash
Slippi
Brothersport

desu:

HCTI=MPP>Feels>Song Tungs> SJ=Spirit>Hollin>CHz>Campfire Songs
>>
>>61129924
yea they didnt seem to stick to the acoustic performances for too long. Theres some awesome bootlegs though. Cheers anon
>>
>>61127114
hey maaan wats ur problem?
>>
Strawberry Jam is my favorite. Every song is a polished gem and never grows old.
>>
>>61130577
No order

Alvin Row
Visiting Friends
Swimming Pool

>>61132050
>Street Flash

my nigga
>>
File: 1262212209049.png (307 KB, 1354x934) Image search: [Google]
1262212209049.png
307 KB, 1354x934
>>61122439
>Wake me up before you go-go
>Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
>(Boom-boom-boom)

I'm dying here
>>
>>61124421
>I haven't listened to shit and I have an under developed, pop leaning music taste that can only pick up the most basic stuff-core
>>
LEAK WHEN
>>
>>61120581
>not fall be kind
>not prospect hummer
>>
Leak it Deak
>>
>>61120710
so does slsk
>>
>>61137590
Fall be Kind is a tad overrated imo. Those 2 songs in the middle aren't bad but are noticibly weaker than Graze, WWIW?S, and I Think I Can.
>>
>>61132050
good taste right there

i'm >>61131450 and >>61130517
>>
>>61124421
hollind, HCTI are superior STGSTV
>>
>>61137626
uhhhh, ok.
>>
>>61131671
HCTI is my favorite album because I like the hectic power it has. Like everything feels really loud and powerful but it's still harmonious within itself.

I'm not the best at explaining things tho :/
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.