[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are album covers so important on /v/? They are just fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: mqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 320x180
Why are album covers so important on /v/?

They are just fucking packaging
>>
>/v/
>>
>>61117575
Fuck.................................. I meant to type /mu/
>>
File: shaq.jpg (32 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
shaq.jpg
32 KB, 360x450
>>61117528
>>
>>61117528
album ART
it's meant to represent the visual aesthetic of the album.
>>
>>61117528
But they are important. 99% of the time someone sees the cover before they listen to the music, so it needs to catch attention and also match the mood/feel of the music (to an extent). If it does it compliments the music in a great way.

tbqh when I'm scrolling through a sharethread I'll stop and read a post based on the album cover.
>>
>>61117528
They can completely change your perspective on the music

Some packaging is insane. I've seen cassettes in a block of cement, filled with ants, covered in ashes and wrapped in a fuse with a firecracker inside among other things. Obviously more extreme of examples but the visual element really adds to the musics overall feel

There is a site that catalogs the craziest packaging but I forgot the name. I'll post once I find it
>>
>>61117665
I remember seeing a bandcamp cassette that the guy was including samples of his own blood with them
>>
>>61117528
/mu/ is an image board, so the first thing people see of an album is usually the album art.
If you could natively attach audio files to posts things would be different.
I personally prefer albums with as little visual presentation as possible.
>>
>>61117620
>tbqh when I'm scrolling through a sharethread I'll stop and read a post based on the album cover.

Litteraty everyone, the post.
>>
File: 1423809873206.png (119 KB, 862x661) Image search: [Google]
1423809873206.png
119 KB, 862x661
>>61117528
>/v/
>>
>>61117665
I know someone who ordered that one vinyl record that was entirely made out of pubic hair, shit, vomit and piss
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.