[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried a Stereo mix of Pet Sounds for the first time and found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 71nFZNXN5ML._SL1300_.jpg (248 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
71nFZNXN5ML._SL1300_.jpg
248 KB, 1300x1300
I tried a Stereo mix of Pet Sounds for the first time and found so many details I've previously missed. I think it's better in every single way. Opinions?
>>
I want poptimists to leave.
>>
>>61115819
Fuck off.
>>
I agree. It's so much clearer and heavier. The mono version is still good, but it sounds too cluttered compared to stereo.
>>
LISTEN TO BEACH BOYS ON MONO
>>
The Stereo mix has missing elements, such as Mike's bridge in "Wouldn't it be Nice", and the doubletracked vocal in "You Still Believe in me", off the top of my head.
The Stereo version is good to establish some clarity, but imo it sounds more cozy in mono, it was recorded in order to sound good in mono, and it's complete in mono.
>>
Does anyone have a link to a decent mono version? One that doeant have that glitch on lets go away for a while?
>>
Stereo is a meme. You are not supposed to listen to every detail.
>>
Is there a greater moment in music than the reprise of "Child Is Father of Man" on the SMiLE track "Surfs Up" ?
>>
>>61116336
No, that moment always gives me chills. Literally the greatest moment in music, ever.
>>
>>61116322
This is a meme
Stereo is fine
>>
>>61116336
the transition from Our Prayer to Gee.
>>
>>61115811
I 100% agree. The only reason it was originally mono is pretty much because brian is deaf in one ear. Everyone should listen to it on stereo.
>>
>>61116425
Not for the Beach Boys, unless you are a meme listener.

>>61116336
>>61116392
Its not intended as a reprise. They just mixed both songs in 1971, because CIFOTM didn't exist as a single song at the time.
>>
>>61115811
I think the stereo version is much better too.

Favourite album ever btw.
>>
I like the stereo more. Although I feel that way for albums. Stereo has so many more details and makes listening more of an experience. Pet Sounds in stereo is definitely my favorite album
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.