[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you think of Marilyn Manson?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: MansonAsBoyGeorge.jpg (136 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
MansonAsBoyGeorge.jpg
136 KB, 900x675
what do you think of Marilyn Manson?
>>
Weirdo. He has a couple songs that I like, though.
>>
Boring clown created by Trent Reznor
>>
>>61110173
AS > MA > POAAF > SLC > Holywood > the rest
>>
Edgy pop music
>>
>>61110173
I don't like his image/persona from the 90's but he's grown. I like his music for what it is.
>>
>>61110173
His music can be quite the jam.
>>
Everything after Portrait, Anti-christ and a handful of songs from MA is unbearable trash. Once the shock factor wore off and nobody cared about whether or not he was tearing up bibles or walking around naked or trying to be a poor mans GG Allin on stage, he really fell the fuck off. Kind of like what also happened to Lady Gaga (except she can still talk about being raped every now and then to generate interest and stay relevant).
>>
irrelevant
>>
>>61110173
the official artist of "but he puts on a good show"
>>
>>61110242
Holy Wood is his best tho
>>
I don't
>>
Not a fan of his music, don't really listen to it at all, really. He seems like a cool guy in interviews, though.
>>
Very smart guy, regardless if you like his musical persona or not.

I actually love how different he is, he always stays true to himself.

He also has multiple classics.

Holywood, Mechanical Animals are both 10/10

Anti-Christ Superstar is pretty rad too. Love him.
>>
>>61110830
again we stabd up for marilyn manson by pointing out something other than his music.

hes a musician. his music should be good or we dont care about him

the smarter he seems in interviews is only more disturbing because hes more likely aware how much of a literal clown he is
>>
>>61110892
I mean, it's not like I don't like it, I just don't listen to his stuff. I think the only thing I've heard him do was that Halloween song, which was pretty alright. He's doing pretty well for himself, so he's clearly doing something right in regards to his music.
>>
I personally think he's great. I honestly prefer his recordings before POAAF, though i think everything pre-GAOG are solid albums. I try to ignore the failures of albums like Born Villain and Eat Me, Drink Me because they don't really capture his essence.
>>
>>61110944
>He's doing pretty well for himself, so he's clearly doing something right in regards to his music.
no, you are full of shit. admit it. hes an actual clown.

inb4 someone points me to 2 or 3 songs in his entire career that are sort of pretty good, you know know for a fact that MM does not really care about making good music
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6n5Oi4714o

I'd say he handled himself pretty well.

I have Antichrist Superstar downloaded and listen to it occasionally, nothing major.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.