[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need help. ive never owned a record player before and last night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: CR8005A-BK-A.jpg (182 KB, 2000x1767) Image search: [Google]
CR8005A-BK-A.jpg
182 KB, 2000x1767
need help. ive never owned a record player before and last night a family member gave me pic related. now i understand that its a very very entree level player but i dont care because it was a nice gift. i went out and bought a couple albums and have listened to about three so far. my problem is that every time i play the b side the sound sounds wobbling and the music has a weird distorted sound. does anyone know why this is happening?
>>
Sorry to say that record player is very bad, it's a novelty item, not made for actually listening to music on.
>>
crosley's destroy vinyl, don't use it, it's a briefcase that plays music, it's quality is garbage and you will scratch up that expensive vinyl you purchased.
>>
>>61099366
well it was a gift from someone i care greatly for. i am not an audiophile and i dont need perfection can you help me with my problem
>>
Either warped records or a fucking shit turntable. Most likely a shit turntable.

Hating Crosley is not a meme. It is perfectly justified. I understand that you will want to use it out of respect for the people that bought it but please, for the sake of the records, do not buy expensive ones because they will get destroyed by the Crosley.
>>
File: p336327b.jpg (41 KB, 584x584) Image search: [Google]
p336327b.jpg
41 KB, 584x584
Yo i have pic related and it sounds wonderfull
>>
>>61099413
He means it will literally harm your records if you use it.
>>
>>61099310
>>61099413
It will fuck up your records, it's not really about audio quality (though if you care, it's also trash). Just find a way to tell him/her and return it while you can.
>>
>>61099413
I understand that it's a gift, and I'm sorry, but the turntable is not even entry-level, it's toy level. I know you want this gift to be special, but you've gotta look the truth in the eye, you're not gonna get any sort of quality out of that thing.
>>
You see how the record doesn't sit on top of a plate or something? It's sorta hangs... That's why your getting audio issues. The needle is pushing down on the record on the areas that are hanging over the player causing distored audio and can actually drastically damage the record.
Read up on the infamous Crosley's family, you'll get a good idea as to why they are universially disregarded by record/audio enthusiasts.
>>
>>61099310
why is it only doing that with the /b/ side?
>>
>>61099413
i understand but crosleys are literally worse than nothing, they will destroy your records. it sounds distorted because it is a horrible cheap piece of shit. buying a different turntable would be a better use of your money than trying to fix this one.
if i were you i would politely explain the situation to whoever bought it for you & ask them for the receipt. they most likely know nothing about turntables, so they wouldn't have known that it was shit.
>>
>>61099310
Only on the b sides? That's strange, I have no idea why it would only be on one side. Are they new records or used ones? I had one of these about 3 years ago before I actually bought a good turntable and got into vinyl and it sounded fine (I mean it was bad, but fine for what it was supposed to be).
>>
>>61099458
Literally the same shit, different design.
>>
There is no such thing as a "b side" in terms of the physical record.

Issues like that are poor balance, cheap wiring, improperly balanced tone arm and a lack of anti-skate.
>>
>>61099413
the problem is that it's a crosley, it's awful quality and is known to fuck up vinyl and not play them properly because they're cheap build quality and a novelty thing, if you expected to play vinyl on them to some acceptable level then i'm afraid you are out of luck anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.