[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
think about it, Arca called the album /mu/tant, and the cover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Arca sucks dick.jpg (242 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Arca sucks dick.jpg
242 KB, 1500x1500
think about it, Arca called the album /mu/tant, and the cover matches the website here perfectly. how does this not confirm he visits mu?
>>
>>61098751
this albums is the worst album i've heard in my entire life

he is trying to rip off opn soooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
>>
>>61098810
totally distinct sound when comparing to OPN; sorry bub
>>
>>61098751
one of us one of us
>>
>>61098751
He is trying so hard to be the "futuristic gay producer". I fucking hate him.
>>
>>61098810
this
>>61098826
not this
>>
>>61098826
but seriously if you listen carefully you can hear that Arca's musical design is very similar, if not exact to OPN's

Arca, abstractally, does nothing new that OPN hasn't already accomplished. his musical style is very influenced to OPN, but its no excuse to copy and paste his artistical composition
>>
>>61098892
>abstractally
>artistical composition

please provide examples of what you mean instead of speaking in generalities and using words that don't exist
>>
>>61098874
>>61098810
he's a million times better on this album than OPN is.

>>61098866
that sounds like OPN minus the gay part. At least is doing innovative production whereas OPN is not.

>>61098892
>but its no excuse to copy and paste his artistical composition
I don't see that at all. There is nothing out there that sounds like this album. You just think it sounds similar because they both create a giant cinematic soundstage, which is just a general trend right now in this music. People like Angel Ho try to do the same thing
>>
>>61098892
no

just no

arca is completely unique. only bernard parmegiani and his breed (angel ho, amnesia scanner, lotic, rabit and the likes) come close to his style

also, unlike opn, arca knows how to actually compose music, ranging from satie's to ligeti's etudes to xenakis indeterminacy chaos

opn is a child with a synth, compared to arca
>>
>>61098944
don't worry. he's only listened to "experimental electronic" and probably thinks eccojams are revolutionary or something along those lines
>>
>>61098963
>and the likes
does your list even continue after those names?
>>
>>61098963
Can you go into detail about Arcas composition skills?
>>
>>61099079
sure man: chino amobi, n-prolenta, nkisi come to mind
>>
100% tmt writers keep making arca threads
>>
>>61098925
>>61098944
>>61098963

>j
>o
>k
>e
>>
>>61099170
>i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>61099169
no, I'm just amazed how dumb mu is that no one has talked about the implication of him being a resident of this website. It's amazing how mu refuses to see blindingly obvious messages from the artists it emphatically follows. Like how no one would believe DG dissed Kanye.
>>
>>61099248
you don't think i was saying that nonsensical string of words to piss off the pretentious cucks in this thread and believe it, did you?
>>
>>61098810
It's nothing like OPN you're an idiot
>>
>>61099363
no, you're an idiot. i bet you don't even drop acid to eccomajmes
>>
File: ellie 3.png (74 KB, 269x202) Image search: [Google]
ellie 3.png
74 KB, 269x202
>>61098810
>>61098892
He didn't rip off any of OPNs good albums.
>>
OPN is shit
>>
>>61099248
i never got why people think this is a counter-argument
like, pretending to be retarded is a widely used and accepted form of comedy
hugely successful and acclaimed comedians have built entire careers off of pretending to be retarded
how is it a negative
>>
Arca sounds nothing like OPN.

When you listen to 99% normal shit (Jamie xx, Toro y Moi), I can understand how you can blur the two as they're the only ones you'd know that are doing something interesting.

As soon as someone steps slightly into left-field, all I hear is "haha, totally ripping off OPN"
>>
arca and opn sound nothing alike

as someone who listens to both constantly, their musics come from two totally different places. arca started out making subverted hip-hop/dance tunes and now makes his own thing and almost zero other producers out there are treading into similar waters (as someone pointed out, lotic and angel ho come close)

opn went from kosmische musik to plunderphonics to his own thing

they both have highly idiosyncratic sounds, but I think arca's is more visceral, physical music while opn is more about ideas

controversy time: arca is probably THE most talented producer in the game right now
>>
Arca is shit
>>
>>61100746
>hugely successful and acclaimed comedians have built entire careers off of pretending to be retarded
You mean like Adam Sandler? Yeah, I really can't see how that's a negative at all
>>
>>61098810
It's not an OPN ripoff and mutant is vastly superior to GoD anyways.
>>
>>61098810
Arca is so much better than OPN
>>
I really want him to make SAW kind of album when he'll get tired of this pretentious cacophonic faggotry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6OpRNVQDWg
>>
>>61100802
This
>>
>>61098751

babby's first experimental electronic
>>
File: kid a.jpg (259 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
kid a.jpg
259 KB, 750x750
>>61102564
nah
>>
Lotic>Arca
>>
>>61102743

that's not even an electronic album
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.