[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else prefer headphones to speakers? Or am I doing it wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Headphones.jpg (289 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Headphones.jpg
289 KB, 2000x2000
Anyone else prefer headphones to speakers? Or am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>61096172
I like headphones better than speakers too
>>
They're different, I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.

Some releases really should be listened to at least once on headphones and one on speakers, because they sound very different depending.
>>
>>61096172
You're doing it wrong. Speakers are way better.
>>
>>61097539
Yep. No shit on your head with speakers. Maybe you're just a fag, op
>>
>>61096172
Speakers but headphones are fine for more discreet listening.

Thing is my headphones (Fidelio X2) are higher quality than my speakers ((Wharfedale Diamond 9)
>>
i dont even own speakers
>>
speakers are better for music as background noise, headphones are much more precise if you really care about what you're listening to tbqh imo
>>
>>61096172

Nope, listening to this as I use my Philips's headphones, pretty neat can't feel it without 'em. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXZ2-fLmtnw
>>
>>61096172
Speakers are objectively better.
>>
>>61096172
Well with speakers i can have it as loud as i can handle and people around me will hardly hear it. If i do this with headphones then its as if i brought in a radio player into public.
>>
>>61096172
it depends on the music and of course the speakers and headphones. something like phil niblock which really creates a physical space when played at incredibly high volumes works better on speakers. certain things with a lot of stereophonic inter[play can work better on head phones. its nice to feel the physcial vibration in your body rather than just in your ears. and of course theres something interesting about a group of people listening to the same thing at once rather than everyone listening to the same thing on once in headphones.
>>
>>61096172
Speakers are better. Not even an opinion
>>
both have their pros and cons, don't exclusively use either, desu.
>>
i like both for different reasons, i prefer speakers though even though my setup is pretty shit compared to my headphone and amp.
>>
File: This.1[1].jpg (11 KB, 200x202) Image search: [Google]
This.1[1].jpg
11 KB, 200x202
>>61097705
>>
>>61097827
are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>61096172
It depends on the recording. Rather a lot of minimalist techno sounds richer with a room acoustic. and the same goes for many recordings that were mastered using studio monitors rather than headphones, and sound better with more "cross-talk" between channels. In general I favor headphones because I favor a wider and more immersive stereo image, even though their very accuracy can be too clinical in some instances.
>>
Apples vs. oranges, honestly.

But really, a proper speaker setup will take you places headphones just can't.
Headphones are basically tiny speakers, very decent especially if you're on a budget but with limitations and inconveniences compared with a proper speaker setup.

>>61097705
>headphones are much more precise
While a pair of headphones can be relatively precise and "flat", there's only so much a 50mm driver can recreate.
Of course, headphones are very practical, especially if you don't have much money to spend or a proper placement for your speakers; but the truth is recorded content is rarely if ever mixed with headhpones over speakers, and this is mostly because the sonic characteristics of live performances are better recreated by the later (as long as the placement doesn't allow for interference of objects, reverberation, or other factors that may alter the speaker's sound).
>>
You gotta spend more to get the same quality out of speakers as headphones, but ultimately speakers are always going to sound more open and natural. So when comparing a $300 speaker setup to a $300 headphone, headphones are always going to win.
>>
>>61100189
also what >>61099873 said. it's not like speakers are "superior", it always comes down to personal preference, i find myself using headpones for casual listening more often than not, but speakers are usually just richer in a similar way as performances and that's got a lot to do with room acoustics.
>>
>>61097705

You've never heard really nice speakers.

And I'm assuming because nice speakers cost 10x as much as nice headphones.

High-end speakers transport your whole body, not just your ears
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.