[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleach is objectively and unequivocally the best Nirvana album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: nirvana%20bleach%20cover[1].jpg (104 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
nirvana%20bleach%20cover[1].jpg
104 KB, 600x600
Bleach is objectively and unequivocally the best Nirvana album. You're welcome to think otherwise, but you are wrong. The truth of the matter is that this is by far the best thing Kurt ever did. A daring synthesis of sludge metal and garage rock with the melodic prowess of the Beatles on steroids. The whole album exudes a bleak atmosphere that makes you feel like you're literally living under a bridge injecting heroin while it's raining. This is true grunge, and it's beautiful.

Nevermind is where Kurt tries his hardest to make an album as accessible as possible. He does it well but it isn't something I find very interesting, and you shouldn't either. This isn't grunge, it's commercial grunge (or proto-post-grunge) and is literally one of the most predictable albums ever recorded (If a song starts quiet, it'll get loud and distorted during the chorus - unless it's acoustic, in which case, it doesn't change. It's all 4/4 and midtempo, most of the guitar solos follow the vocal melody to the T, the guitar never plays anything but basic notes and chords, and the tone is so crisp, clean, and lifeless, it might as well have been played by a session musician - basically, each and every dark, weird eccentricity that made Nirvana Nirvana has been completely obliterated). This album is the very epitome of a band "selling out".

In Utero is also commercial grunge only this time Kurt tries a bit more to hide the fact that he's pandering to plebs. Ultimately this is the worst Nirvana album. Here Kurt is trying to appease both the Nevermind audience and the Bleach audience, but he fails at both. This album does nothing new and it's the tamest "noise rock" you will ever hear.
>b-but Steve Albini produced it
yes let's just ignore the fact that the lead single was remixed into sounding nothing like the Albini version or that Steve Albini ultimately dismissed how the album ended up sounding (and rightfully so)
>>
Every song sounds exactly the same
>>
bleach is a really boring pseudo-punk album
please stop this meme
>>
>>61095099
>pseudo-punk
fucking retard
>>
I agree.

That said, Nevermind and In Utero aren't shit, they're good pop rock albums.
>>
>>61095163
>hurrr i like bland rock albums by druggies who aren't a part of the "system"
fuck yourself
>>
>>61095066
le Jarboe tracks are insufferable tho
>>
Milk it and the hidden track on In Utero is the most interesting thing Kurt did.

Why does everyone act like Bleach is really far out and inaccessible, its so fucking boring and tame
>>
>>61095310
it's just a meme
>>
>>61095310
>Milk it and the hidden track on In Utero is the most interesting thing Kurt did.
wow your taste is fucking bad

>Why does everyone act like Bleach is really far out and inaccessible
nobody said that
>>
>>61095352
>wow your taste is fucking bad
if you enjoy bleach you have no room to talk tbqh
>>
>>61095409
nah Bleach is good, easily the best Nirvana album
>>
wow there are threads about bleach everyday. glad some of the kissless virgin 20y/o autists on here decided to finally give it a listen while the rest of us sprinted through it and the rest of nirvana's output when we were 10 and have moved so far past them it's hilarious.
>>
In Utero > Nevermind > Incesticide > Bleach
(this is objective btw)
>>
>>61095569
what do you listen to?
>>
>>61095680
you got your greater/less than symbols mixed up family
>>
>>61095066
>it's the tamest "noise rock" you will ever hear
Serve the Servants and Scentless Apprentice are noisier than most Big Black songs
>>
>>61095680
the opening of the symbol is supposed to be facing the better one. Not the other way around.
>>
In Utero with the bonus tracks remains the best tbqhwy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dAIz2FfmA
>>
>>61096038
>tfw In Utero wasn't named I Hate Myslef and I Want to Die ilike Kurt initially intended to name it
>>
>>61096038
>not posting Jam
>>
Shut up fantano in it Eretos is goat
>>
>>61095066
It's okay, dude, but Staind and Limp Biskit took it further. Go listen to them, they're not mangina suiciders like Kurk Kocaine was.
>>
>This isn't grunge, it's commercial grunge
This is a funny thing to say because grunge isn't a genre, it was always a bullshit marketing buzzword
>>
>>61095821
This, I started off with Nirvana and as I searched for other noise rock I found no one did it like them. Scentless Apprentice is the peak of noise rock.
>>
>>61095066
What about incesticide
>>
>>61095310
Bleach being the best has literally become a meme, there were about 5 threads about it the other day.

Meme culture is killing mu, alongside 'I want x to leave'
>>
>>61095066
>isn't something I find very interesting, and you shouldn't either
Just fuck off
>>
File: nevermind.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
nevermind.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>61095066
If Nevermind wasn't popular, you would think otherwise. Stop being hipocrite.
Pic related is objectively the best Nirvana album.
>>
>>61095267
you seem a bit worked up.
>>
Cathy tunes aside as a band Nirvana basically had 0 growth. It's really embarrassing when compared to Kurt's close peers (Dave, Courtney)

Bleach is okay.

Just okay
>>
File: primitive bob.jpg (15 KB, 297x184) Image search: [Google]
primitive bob.jpg
15 KB, 297x184
>>61095569
/mu/ everybody
>>
>>61099531

Its true, Nevermind is better. While i do like Bleach, Kurt completely changed his song writing style to fit with the Sub Pop sound to appeal to the Sub Pop fanbase.
>>
>>61099655
its true though, i listened to all of nirvanas stuff when i was like 13/14, seriously move on already
>>
>>61101040
>thinks you can grow out of good music
>>
Nirvana was such an underrated and under the radar band in their time.
>>
>>61095224
agreed sir
>>
>>61101040
And somebody else listened to stuff you listen to currently when they were 13/14 and moved on a long time ago, why can't you do that with your current music?
>>
>>61099598
What? They only made 3 albums. Hole's direction for the first 3 albums was almost the exact same. Heavy dark album followed by a poppy alternative album. Except Hole followed that up with an even poppier album.
>>
Bleach is important in that if nothing else the band proved they could rock. It is simplistic and straight forward and sounds exactly like a first album from some talented peeps.
>>
bleach is GOAT
>>
>>61095066

The fact that so many raging autists on /mu/ still name Bleach as "objectively and unequivocally the best Nirvana album" only tells you how far being a contrarian shitposter still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who, compared to their peers, achieved a good deal of fame, became wealthy, and whose records sold well. Classical critics rank the highly popular Beethoven over less trained classical musicians who went entirely unlistened to except in small pockets of Eastern Europe. Raging autists are still blinded by obscurity and inaccessibility. Bleach sold less than any other Nirvana album (not true, by the way), therefore it must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up forming their own unique opinions on lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up forming their own unique opinions on a lot of classical music of the past. Raging autists are often obsessively aware of popular opinion, they know every RYM rating and best seller. No wonder they will think that Bleach is anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>61103052
Good argument anon, but,
OP post isn't saying this stuff to show contrarian-ism. I too feel its my favourite album, the rawness of the mixing and the instruments makes the album sound like they showed up to the studio and just recorded what came out when they picked them up and played, and that's the way they wanted to be originally..
>>
>>61103386
them being instruments..
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.