[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Josh Tillman a hack? Why or why not? I honestly go back and forth.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Josh-Tillman-012.jpg (48 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Josh-Tillman-012.jpg
48 KB, 620x372
Is Josh Tillman a hack? Why or why not?

I honestly go back and forth.
>>
>>61085151
I'd say nope. Seems genuine about his ingenuine demeanor
But then again I'm a heartbroken 18 year old, so I'm super biased
>>
>>61085151
ehhh at the end of the day, he's a hack with generic music.
>>
Him saying that Fleet Foxes songs are not about shit is what disqualifies him from me bothering to listen his pretentious garbage.
>>
He used to be GOAT sadcore/folk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRS8Zh3R6I4
>>
>>61085659
lol that early stuff with awful, fjm is waaaaaayyy better
>>
Music sounds good and the lyricism is great. No reason to overthink it.
>>
>>61085628
His music isn't pretentious at all though.

ILYHB is a love album completely devoid of any cynicism except towards cynicism itself.
>>
>>61085944
uh huh
>>
i want to bend him over and finger fuck his butthole while rapidly tonguing his frenulum
>>
>>61085151
he has a nice voice
>>
>>61085659
Trying too hard to be City & Colour. Glad he found FJM.
>>
>>61085985
he's severely cynical in every interview I've seen him give. maybe he just hates interviews.
>>
Josh Tillman is depressed. He said it himself at a live show.
>>
I have a friend who was a stagehand at one of his concerts who says he has a pretty nasty coke habit.
>>
>>61087135
i mean yeah he references this in his songs
>>
>>61087193

Oh. I didn't know, I don't listen to him.
>>
>>61087193
I wouldn't say he refers to it as a problem in his music
>>
>>61087321
well yeah, but i wouldn't say that a guy who worked on a single show of his would know if it's a problem either.
>>
He does the rock n roll frontman thing better than anyone right. His band sounds awesome live, most of the songs are good, and he's funny. Tbh it just seems like people that dislike him are a bit envious.
>>
His pretentious schtick is more endearing than it is annoying to me. Honestly I think it's just because indie could use a little pretension again in this current state of poptimism and he's the only one owning up to it. Yeah I think it's bad to be snobby, but I think the world needs a LITTLE snobbishness.
>>
File: ts-melaniemilano-4.jpg (563 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
ts-melaniemilano-4.jpg
563 KB, 800x1200
>>
>>61087503
Thanks
>>
>>61087135
>>61087321
>>61087357
Not for FJM, but I've worked crew for tons of shows and I would say that coke is rarely a problem for touring bands. I mean there's tons of it around, but rarely do you suspect someone actually being strung out on it. It's just part of the business. Josh doing a rail or two (if he was) does not necessarily equal pretty nasty coke habit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.