[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck? Why is this good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Front.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
What the fuck? Why is this good?
>>
>>61075432
It's competent catchy upbeat synthpop but still not as sickening sweet as Chvrches.
>>
>>61075432
I enjoy it
>>
All That is the best pop song of the year. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>61075448

It's just surprising that this comes from the "Call Me Maybe" girl. And it's a lot more satisfying than, say, Taylor Swift.
>>
>>61075590
Yeah, I get the feeling she cares a lot more about the music than the money.

I'm going to be honest with you though. This isn't my type of music. I just listened to it in passing and was happy to finally hear a pop song that wasn't played to death on radio in every target in the US.

I'm probably not the best person to ask on its quality.
>>
The video for Run Away With Me makes me very sad.

Really enjoyable album though. I assumed FROOT would be the only pop album I liked this year but Miss Jepsen turned up at the end and took that title.

>>61075645
They played I Really Like You loads here in England and I was subjected to it at least five times a day at work. It gave me an irrational hatred of it but when I heard it in the context of the album it was much better.
>>
>>61075668
Yeah, I think this is mainly just becoming the album that hipsters will point to so they can claim that they don't hate pop as a genre.

That doesn't mean the music is bad, just that it like the obscure pop choice they can use for plausible deniability.
>>
>falling for the meme
>>
>>61075432
>25 year olds listening to album for teens

this place really has gone downhill
>>
>>61075789
>falling for the meme of falling for the meme
>>
>>61075432

the album cover makes me hard
>>
>>61075727
I sort of get what you mean, even if it is a little cynical. Pitchfork have started a "token pop" artist in their end of year lists now.

The whole point of pop like this is that it's supposed to be "fun". I listen to Elliott Smith, Tom Waits, Nick Cave and other "sad" musicians, and if this is the album that gives me a pleasant break from that, so be it. I don't want to wallow in sadness, no matter how comfortable it may be.
>>
Embarrasing taste OP
>>
>>61075874
Yeah, I mostly listen to electronic stuff when I want something happy. E2-E4 and such.
>>
It's not
It's a meme
>>
>>61076201

Why?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.