[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me 1 good reason why this album is bad. Protip: maybe you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: first_impressions_of_earth.jpg (106 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
first_impressions_of_earth.jpg
106 KB, 1000x1000
Give me 1 good reason why this album is bad. Protip: maybe you can but idk man

This album was so ahead of it's time. If Fear of Sleep and (arguably) 15 Minutes weren't on it it would be heralded as their 3rd consecutive 10/10, but instead it's totally dismissed and marked as the beginning of the end for the band.

It's the darkest and most beautiful sound they ever created.
>>
I really like the song You Only Live Once before "YOLOSWAG" was a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT68FS3YbQ4
>>
>>61075384
not to mention its original demo, which could be argued as the best song Julian ever written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt4ii2UEJ08
>>
>>61075425
meh, the lowfi aesthetic is really played out.
>>
>>61075471
but this song was recorded ten years ago
>>
File: 1401848979004.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1401848979004.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>61075425
Damn, that's pretty beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Honestly it's a great album, I love the singles, the whole thing's got a great sound. I don't know why it gets so much shit compared to its predecessors.
>>
>>61075349

I like op, red light and ize of the world are some of my favourite strokes songs
>>
I'm a bit over the strokes after a good 10 years of being heavily into the strokes but i agree, the album isn't too bad it's just WAY overbloated. I mean it lasts 53 minutes and it can barely fit them

>You Only Live Once
great song for the strokes
>Juicebox
a bit of an awkward track
>Heart In A Cage
again, a bit of an awkward track
>Razorblade
fucking great
>On The Other Side
absolutely amazing
>Vision of Division
weird but in an ok way
>Ask Me Anything
Literally WAT
>Electricityscape
10/10 best track on the album
>Killing Lies
Great
>Fear of Sleep
No. They have to stop letting Nickolai write songs
>15 Minutes
not as bad as everyone seems so to think but ok
>Ize of the World
a bit super-serious but i really like the solo and the arrangements
>Evening sun
GORGEOUS
>Red Light
a bit too poppy for my taste but whatever

overall 6/10 and if they got rid of the mediocre tracks it'd be a solid 8.5/10 with the added bonus of having the strokes explore a new sound (you know, without turning to shit
>>
>>61075349

It's their best album—just enjoy the fact that you aren't an idiot and were able to get into it.

I remember I wasn't that impressed when I first listened to the album, but once I saw them perform it live it just clicked.

(It was this concert, which is absolutely nuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCoy--eozyY)

The jump in musical complexity and complexity from ITT & ROF to FIOE is incredible.

I think people fault the album because Julian's vocals seem so degaf and sloppy compared to the rest of the band, but I think that's what makes it great.

To me the album is Julian at his most personal and kinda confronting the disillusionment of fame.
1/1
>>
>>61077124
The album starts off on a high note, and then immediately takes a nose dive into the dark and depressing and oh-my-god-this-hype-train-is-so-soul-crushing until somehow the band manages to end on the slightly hopeful and redeeming Red Light.

Absolutely awesome album.

2/2
>>
>>61077155
Yeah. I read somewhere that Julian writes a song for his wife every year for her birthday, and that Red Light is the only Strokes song that ever came from one of those. And then it was in a zane lowe interview I think he asked Julian what song he was most proud of and he said Red Light. I love that song.
>>
Everything after On The Other Side is fucking filler garbage.
>>
File: 1450286311031.png (300 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450286311031.png
300 KB, 649x649
>>61075912
>Heart in a cage
>awkward
Stopped reading there
>He didn't fight through the crowd
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.