[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Residents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: eskimo.jpg (422 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
eskimo.jpg
422 KB, 1425x1425
I've been listening to the Residents heavily these past two weeks and I'm already enjoying them a lot. So far Eskimo, Commercial Album, and Mark of the Mole have been great listens. which other albums do you think I should check out?

also, Residents general
>favorite era
>favorite album
>why do they wear the masks
>>
>>61073955
Not Available is fantastic. You should definitely give that a listen next
>>
>favorite era
70s > 00s > 80s > 10s >90s

>favorite album
70s - Not Available
80s - Commercial Album
90s - Live At the Fillmore
00s - Animal Lover
10s - Mush-Room

The Theory of Obscurity - an artist can only produce pure art when the expectations and influences of the outside world are not taken into consideration.

Yeah I know ithe last one's a meme question, but that's the real reason.
>>
File: residentsginger.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
residentsginger.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>61073955
Man those are all of my favorites. Fingerprince and Buster and Glen/Duck Stab are two essential albums you should hear. I'm not a huge fan of their really early stuff (meet the residents and third reichnroll) but they're still great records
>era
probably between the recording and release of Not Available. put out some of their best stuff then.
>album
Not Available and Mark of the Mole are my favorites. Recently been listening to the latter more though. I'll be by myself and randomly start into
>GOD OF THE NIGHTFALL GOD OF THE SHADE...
I wish there would people I could talk to irl about them cause I enjoy their music so much but all my friends and family are plebs.

also if you haven't, read about the recording and release of Not Available. really interesting shit.
>>
>>61073955
>favorite era
probably everything but the 90s, but especially the 70s
>favorite album
third reich and roll and duck stab
[spoiler] 4 u [/spoiler]
>>
I actually like the warner bros album
>>
Meet The Residents is my all-time favorite, you should definitely check it out.

It starts with a short suite (Boots-Rest Aria) that's really incredible, you can check it out now.
The last few tracks are a bit less focused, but they're just as great, they just took a while to fully 'grow' on me.
>>
Tunes of Two Cities and Big Bubble are interesting companion/sequel pieces (respectively) if overall inferior listens to Mark of the Mole.

Bunny Boy has some of their best tunes. It was centered around a defunct web series. Much different from the early stuff you've heard so far though.

God in Three Persons is great, you'll hear that a lot. It follows an interior logic and story like many of their albums.
>>
>>61073955
Duck Stab/Buster & Glenn is the best/my favorite. You must go there next.
>>
definition of spork-core even if you like it or not
>>
>>61077082
If anything its pretentious art you homosexual
>>
Literally spork-core for Redditors
>>
>>61077279
this this this this

you have to be under a certain age to like this band
>>
>>61077082
>>61077279
>>61077332
Fuck off, samefag.
>>
Anybody been to any of their live performances?
What was the experience like?
>>
File: 545454545.jpg (24 KB, 600x177) Image search: [Google]
545454545.jpg
24 KB, 600x177
>>61077598
>>
>>61077612
What are your favorite artists?
>>
>>61077636
not the residents

im not telling you anyone because you will just shit on them even if you dont know some
>>
>>61077674
Just like you're doing now?
>>
op here, thanks everyone for the recs.
looks like I need to hop on Not Available, Duck Stab, the rest of the Mole albums, and Bunny Boy. I'm glad the residents have so much material. artists with rabbit hole discographies are pretty fun

I listened to Freak Show and Meet the Residents earlier today. Numb Erone is a total jam, I will definitely have to revisit its album. Freak Show didn't do much for me but I definitely plan to listen again at some point

>>61077082
>>61077279
>>61077332
can yall fuck off
>>
>>61077879
I like some tracks off of god in three persons
>>
File: IMG_2651.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2651.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Fingerprince is really growing on me, slightly overlooked it on the first listen for some reason.

Favourite era is definitely the 70s. I tried listening to their later albums but didn't like them as much. I've been told that God in Three Persons is great though so I'll listen to that next.

Favourite album is probably Meet the Residents.

They wear the masks because they're big guys
>>
>>61073955
Everything from Meet The Residents to The Commercial Album is great. Eskimo is a great album to listen to on a hot summer's day, and your air conditioner isn't working.
>>
>>61073955
the residents are spork core
>>
>>61078661
op here and I agree but I enjoy their music regardless
if I was going to be a set of sporks what would you recommend?

>>61077941
>>61078638
will listen to god in three persons as well, then
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.