[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your drug of choice when listening to music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 2 LINES!.jpg (97 KB, 535x643) Image search: [Google]
2 LINES!.jpg
97 KB, 535x643
What's your drug of choice when listening to music?
>>
I smoke weed all the time, so weed.
>>
>>61073394
shrooms
>>
>>61073409
basically this. Also I just put on Frigid Stars LP and I love it
>>
>>61073394
PCP

i can't enjoy music properly otherwise
>>
The best musical experiences I've had have been on small doses of LSD (half a tab or less, no visuals or anything, just a slight mental change). Weed kinda dulls your senses and makes everything seem inexplicably awesome, while LSD to me lets you read more into the music and analyse what's happening in it better.
>>
Enough LSD for the world around me to change based upon the music
>>
>>61073409
same.
>>
The music itself, my friend.
>>
>>61073409
Top choice
>>
>>61073394
lean
>>
>>61073411
this
>>
>>61073394
I don't do drugs xD
>>
File: R-2752454-1395002820-7837.jpeg.jpg (29 KB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
R-2752454-1395002820-7837.jpeg.jpg
29 KB, 297x300
4-acetoxy-dmt
>>
I really like the weed / coffee combo in the earlymorning while listening to music. Perfect way to start the day. I almost never smoke anymore outside of a few hits each morning.
>>
opiates are fun for nodding out to tunes and semi-lucid dreaming to your music. also for just feeling good and slowing your thoughts down enough to just listen.

dissociatives (assuming they're all like dxm in this regard) are amazing; it can feel like the whole universe is built around whatever you're listening to. the size of everything and the way you percieve everything else are beautifully predicated on the music. one problem is that it inexplicably makes a lot of music sound like utter garbage, just tinny and uninteresting. my personal theory is that music with distinct notes and silences between them sounds weird because you're getting the sensory info in weird variable form with each note so it's not processed as harmonically related. music that's constantly making sound, like ambient or very atmospheric dream/gaze stuff, on the other hand, not only makes sense but becomes sense.

of course weed and psychs are fun too with music
>>
File: audience.gif (100 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
audience.gif
100 KB, 300x225
>>61073670
>I really like the weed / coffee combo in the earlymorning while listening to music. Perfect way to start the day.
So much this.
>>
>>61073409
I seriously don't get why (even on the off chance that weed is in every way better for your psychical and mental health than any other drug) people think it's socially acceptable to be intoxicated by it 24/7, when with alcohol or any other drug that would be the indicator of having hit rock bottom. If you seriously think that being high every second of every day isn't going to have an impact on your mental health (at the least) then you've smoked too much already. I smoked every day for a year, I haven't smoked once in 4 years since. That year was the stupidest thing I've done with my life thus far.
>>
>>61073599
find a real opiate nerd
>>
>>61073853
>socially acceptable
kek'd
>>
--------------
This is the degenerate stripe
Everyone posting above or below it is a degenerate
--------------
>>
>>61073890
you know what I mean nerd shut up before I intoxicate you with these nuts and see how socially acceptable being a gaping sperm fairy is
>>
>>61073670
>I never smoke weed outside of every morning
ITT: Fucking degenerates
>>
>>61073912
>see how socially acceptable being a gaping sperm fairy is
More so now-a-days. I think I'll be fine.
>>
>>61073900
ya mate keep it up and i'll nut in ya too and see what good your line does ya
>>
>>61073932
compared to smoking with your mates all day and night like I did when I was in college its not bad
>>
What's your drug of choiiiiiiiiiiceeee
>well what have ya gooooooooOOt
>>
>>61073461
I agree with this somewhat. I prefer to listen to music sober, but if I had to chose a drug, it would be LSD in small doses. I also don't think it helps me analyze music better, it just gives me a new perspective on it.
>>
>>61073394
All of em.
>>
>>61073999
The lengths you idiots will go to justify your degeneracy is astounding.
>>
Nicotine.
>>
>>61074270
>im not cool enough to know a drug dealer because I have exactly 0 friends so i act like drugs are disgusting because i will never have a good enough social life to allow me to try them and realise how amazing they are
>>
>>61073853
I know this feel. Had a month and a bit off whilst cutting my use back to once every week or two. Makes the high sooo much more fun but less functional, though I'll take that for the clarity of being sober. It's not physically addictive but anyone who says that you can just quit an all-day habit after a year is deluded, it takes effort.
>>
Acid then MDMA (Candy flipping) is the best combo for music I've ever tried. FlyLo became 3 dimensional and sounded beautiful on a less than great sound system.
>>
Dramamine
>>
>>61073853
I have no idea why but it does happen with alot of people it seems like. I have done that pretty often last year. I started cutting down and just waiting until the end of my day (8pm for me) before I go to my friend's to listen to music and smoke in my car. Better than smoking all day like I used to but the potheads I know smoke all day.
>>
>>61074402
Smoking once a day is a hell of a lot worse for your mental health than smoking all day once a week. Your brain needs time to go back to normal before you can actually function again.

If you're smoking a bong every morning or night for a year then you're going to be a completely different person.
>>
>>61073409
This.
I'm fond of psychedelics as well.
This thread is barely music-related I think.
>>
>>61074471
Can confirm that last sentence.

I was miserable and lonely two years back when I started smoking some blue dream I got off Craigslist. All I did besides work was eat, smoke, listen to music + read and sleep. It really changed my headspace and allowed me to pursue my interests/figure out what they are.

Now I'm studying law and philosophy and still smoke/play guitar when I have enough time off. Before smoking I had mad anxiety and didn't know what I'd do with my life.
>>
>>61073853
I'm not doing it to be cool im doing it to feel good. At this point I've gone about four years smoking every single day with maybe only going without for one or two days a few times. Im probably retarded but I don't notice and my life is still progressing I think
>>
Life.
>>
File: 1428958690041.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1428958690041.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>>61074334
>>
>>61073461
>Weed kinda dulls your senses and makes everything seem inexplicably awesome
Nah, I've been bored by plenty of music while high.
>>
>>61073394
I'm quite sensitive to weed and man, I have had some incredible music listening experiences on it. I can't really explain it too well, but the affect it has on my auditory perception when listening through headphones is immense. Usually when listening to music you tend to focus mainly on one thing without really noticing that you're doing it (most likely the vocal), but on weed it's like I'm paying equal attention to every sound at once whilst every timbre is distinctly separated, living in it's own little box.

I only ever really smoked weed to have this experience, almost always on my own, but unfortunately I haven't done it in about 2 years on account of some bad experiences on super potent shit that's made me afraid.
>>
jenkem
>>
>>61073394
Music is the drug, you faggots.
>>
>>61073461
>I've smoked weed once
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.