[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beatles or Stones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Beatles or Stones?
>>
>>61071463
Beatles more influential, but stones are better musicians
>>
File: 1446424372076.png (231 KB, 455x395) Image search: [Google]
1446424372076.png
231 KB, 455x395
>>61071475
i don't like either but i'd be hard fucking pressed to say the stones were better musicians
>>
>>61071500
Mick Taylor senpai
>>
>>61071463
fucking hate the stones
>>
The Rolling Stones were probably the most impressive set of talents to come together in Britain before the Soft Machine: decadent vocalist Mick Jagger (who distorted soul crooning and turned it into an animal instinct), rhythm guitarist Keith Richards (who took Chuck Berry's riffs into a new dimension of fractured harmony), multi-instrumentalist Brian Jones (who penned their baroque and psychedelic arrangements), and the phenomenal, funky rhythm section of bassist Bill Wyman and drummer Charlie Watts. Steeped in the blues, the Rolling Stones redefined the rock performer, the rock concert and the rock song. They turned on the degree of vulgarity and provocation to levels that made Chuck Berry look silly. Arguably the greatest rock and roll band of all times, the Rolling Stones revolutionized each of the classical instruments of rock music: the drums incorporated the lascivious tom-tom of tribal folk, the martial pace of military bands and the sophisticated swing of jazz; the guitar amplified the raw and ringing style of Chuck Berry; the bass invented a depraved sound, the singing turned the sensual crooning of soul music in an animal howl, half sleazy lust and half call to arms; and the arragements of keyboards, flutes and exotic instruments completely misinterpreted the intentions of the cultures from which they were borrowed.
>>
>>61071500
>>61071551
and Brian Jones.
>>
Paint It Black is one of the best 60's songs.
>>
"The Rolling Stones were a bunch of coddled momma's boys who all went to college and then moved to London and live in squalour to gaid cred. Not that I didn't like some of their songs, but they could never touch the Beatles for sense of melody, humour, songwriting, or presentation. All they had was Mick Jagger's dancing. The Beatles, they were gear."

-- Lemmy Kilmeister
>>
beatles of course

stones sucks
>>
>>61071463
Fuck the Stones. Talentless hacks and immense cunts. Built their entire career on kitsch toughness that is laughable by today's standards (and by non-stupid standards of those days) that was dishonest; they were, and are the biggest pussies around.

Gimme Shelter is a good song but mainly because of the woman singing in the background.
>>
blur
>>
>>61071463
http://strawpoll.me/6282978/
>>
>>61073420
this 2bhpham
>>
>>61073472
it's obvious Madman's band will win this.
>>
>>61071914
vs The Fact...
so RS wins.
>>
>>61071463

Beatles

because the stones never broke up and mick didn't die young
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.