[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this album any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
Is this album any good?
>>
good compared to what?
>>
Decide for yourself by listening to it
>>
>>61070191
>>
>>61070191

I don't like hip hop tho
>>
>>61070197

It topped this list

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9764-the-50-best-albums-of-2015/5/
>>
>>61070198
then try the new snoop dogg
>>
>>61070210

I like Snoop Dogg. I was just hoping someone would explain to me why everyone loves this Kendrick album
>>
>>61070175
I haven't heard it either. So what's the big deal with Kendrick Lamar.
He made that one album
and everyone is sucking him off.
So what. Big whoop
>>
>>61070223

Exactly.. I heard some of his songs and they were OK. I don't get the hype at all
>>
>>61070223
>>61070245
>i don't understand the hype for an album i haven't listened to
is this some new age bait or are people actually this dumb
>>
If you're a cuck
>>
>>61070175
All memes aside I would say listen too it.

If you're not a hip-hop fan I would suggest listening to a few albums first that will "pop" your hip-hop cherry.
>the chronic
>ready to die
>low end theory
>any outkast album before 2001

If you like atleast 2 of those, give it a try. If not you probaly won't enjoy it.

Just so you know, this isn't a black-pride album the way some publications want you to think. Yes it is very afrocentric and it preaches self-love, so it is easy to be misled into thinking it wants you to love black folk or something. The album is dealing with kendrick's internal struggle and him being black happens to be a part of that.
>>
300 replies guaranteed
>>
>>61070198
So? That's not an excuse for asking others to tell you if it's good or not.

Why would you even fucking bother to ask anyway?
>>
>>61070556

Its my perogative to fucking ask. Fuck off dipshit.

>>61070492

Thanks. I do like The Chronic, Low End Theory and most Outkast albums, especially Skankonia. So I actually do like some hip hop but I think you nailed my apprehension on it. I don't wanna hear a 2015 hipster SJW BLM hip hop album, but I am curious enough to give it a chance. Just don't want to waste my time.
>>
It's pretty good, definitely the best hip hop album out this year. Solid sampling, nice jazz/soul inspiration, a variety of good flows, and the whole Tupac thing is neat.
>>
>>61070583
>I don't wanna hear a 2015 hipster SJW BLM hip hop album
Don't worry dude. The album talks a lot about hope and love and it is afrocentric, so that's why movements like BLM have picked it up. It would be hard to spin it in a way that pushes any political agenda, it truly is an emotional journey through kendrick's psyche.
>>
>>61070175
I liked it, i thought it was good. I've listened to it several times and still think its a great album, but after a year of hearing people treat it like its the end all of music, i'm pretty sick of it
>>
>>61070175
Incredi-fucking-bly overrated. But decent.
>>
>>61070831
LOL
>Nowhere is Blackness more front and center than on the album’s second single, "The Blacker the Berry". It was the song that most clearly announced Kendrick's lack of fucks about the comfort of his white audience. Perhaps it was a retort to his previous Grammy snubs; maybe it was a reaction to seeing "Swimming Pools (Drank)", his anti-drunk song, turned into a pro-drunk song in the mouths of bros. Whatever his reasoning, "The Blacker the Berry" provided white people with no entry into the song: There is hardly anything on the song for Taylor Swift to lip sync in her car unless she was going to deal with psychic turmoil of mouthing "My hair is nappy, my dick is big, my nose is round and wide/ You hate me don't you?/ You hate my people—your plan is to terminate my culture/ You're fuckin' evil, I want you to recognize that I'm a proud monkey." He labeled the song as the "emancipation of a real nigga" and, even in a society where whites regularly rub ears with the n-word, it was abrasive and unsettling.
>>
>>61070846
this
It's a good album no doubt about it, but incredibly overrated
>>
>>61070175
No.
>>
c
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.