[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
time to be 100% honest /mu/. did u like hip hop/rap 5-7 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1446781285489.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446781285489.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
time to be 100% honest /mu/. did u like hip hop/rap 5-7 years ago before all the subtle and sometimes blatant shilling began for it?
>>
>>61068487
I didn't even listen to music 5-7 years ago
>>
>>61068503
>>
yes i did, but i also felt then, as i do now, that hip-hop generally doesn't have as much to offer as genres such as rock or jazz.
>>
>>61068503
this except 1 year ago
>>
i'm 27 and yes I've been listening to it as long as I've been interested in music
>>
I started listening around the time Kanye released Graduation
>>
No I only act like I listen to meme rap to look cool on /mu/
>>
Yes

I literally find it unbearable since DUDE BLACK LIVES MATTER PEOPLE OF COLOUR ALL RAP MIXTAPES GET GOOD SCORES LMAO came into play

Used to listen to a good amount, now none
>>
Yea my slightly hood ex step brother got me into hip hop at around 13 years olf age
>I'm 24
>>
I've bought my first hh album in 2002
>>
>>61069373
same i kinda burned out on hip hop
>>
>>61070921
why did you fucking bump this shit thread

>>61068487
>shilling
fuck off cuck
>>
>>61069373
>>61070932

I used to listen to a fuckton of hip hop in high school. Then the whole "LE R/HIPHOPHEADS LIT SENPAI BRUH" culture really turned me off from it, alongside Pitchfork's shilling.
>>
>>61068487

5 years ago I was fucking 14. I didn't even listen to music back then.
>>
the only period of my life wherein i listened to rap with any real frequency was 5 or 6 years ago. the last hurrah was around 2012 when i briefly got into more alternative styles of hip hop and on the other side I was pretty much done with rap.

i don't know. i can't seem to get into it anymore. the genre overwhelmingly focuses on things that i don't have any interests in.
>>
>>61068487
23 here, yes I grew up with it
>>
>>61068487
I had a hip-hop phase last for part of 2009.
>>
>>61068487
Not then and not now.
>>
Nope, still don't. I enjoy Death Grips and some MF DOOM releases but other than that I couldn't give less of a fuck about hip-hop especially on /mu/ where there's almost a pop culture with rappers, where they spend more time talking about dat siqq diss Generic rapper #1 about generic rapper #2 than the music itself
>>
I still don't like rap.
>>
>>61068487
I stopped listening to hip hop/rap after all the subtle and sometimes blatant shilling began for it.
>>
>>61068540
>rock
kill yourself
>>
I listen to experimental hip-hop only now. I cant bear any political/racial lyrics spewed from nigger mouths
>>
>>61068487
li(f)e was the last rap record i unironically enjoyed
>>
>>61068487
>time to be 100% honest /mu/. did u like hip hop/rap 5-7 years ago before all the subtle and sometimes blatant shilling began for it?
didnt liked at the time and didnt like now.
>>
The stealth marketing for rap began with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy from kayne west
>>
>>61068487
are you literally 16 years old
>>
I never cared about rap ever which I am pretty proud of because I always think of myself as really immature but at least I don't post stupid unfunny hip hop memes and listen to even stupider music
>>
>>61071391
This. Rock peaked in 91 and has been shit ever since. Hip hop's still quite interesting.
>>
>>61068487
5-7 years ago I was a young teen living in niggerville just trying to fit in so yes
>>
>>61071409
>I cant bear any political/racial lyrics spewed from nigger mouths

The "I have black friends tho" experimental hip hop fanbase

At least you're actually honest.
>>
Yes but only Eminem so no
>>
>>61071634
Global warming iz a liberal conspiracy and the devil put dinosaur bones on Earth to trick us!
>>
>>61071634
lol
>>
>>61068487
sgp was the last rapper I really liked in 2011. it's very rare for me to listen to rap at all anymore unless it's suppose to be awful on purpose.
>>
I didn't start listening to much hip-hop until Exmilitary. Back then, it wasn't a meme though.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 576x768
When you're growing up you are either a wigger or a metaltard or just a nerd who listened to Zelda OSTs. If you haven't outgrown these things by 18, you're hopeless
>>
File: fresh-prince.gif (481 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
fresh-prince.gif
481 KB, 1200x675
>>61068487
>he thinks hip-hop shilling started "5-7 years ago"
>>
I've been listening to hip hop for longer than that, although I don't listen to a lot of it.

Hip hop now has the status rock music had in previous decades. I don't think it's "shilling", rock is dead so the next accessible genre with a strong focus on lyrics, persona/stage presence etc took over.

>>61071663
Who said you have to stick to the contemporary stuff? It's a spent force now, but there are decades of great rock albums to explore.

1991 is also much too early, you'd be forgetting a lot of major grunge, stoner, post-hardcore, contemporary indie rock. Even if you don't like them, they still had a strong impact.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.