[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Adz thread? IMO this album has really stood the test of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: a0897080833_10.jpg (361 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
a0897080833_10.jpg
361 KB, 900x900
Age of Adz thread? IMO this album has really stood the test of time (so far). Still great to listen to
>>
>>61066003
His best album imo
>>
eyr is still better
>>
>>61066003
It is a genius album, but it's not Sufjan's best

It goes like this
C&L > Illinois > Delighted EP > Age Of adz > Christmas Songs > Michigan > 7S
>>
>>61066003
it's my go to "i feel sad about my ex bf" album

>>61066077
illinois > adz > michigan > c+l = bqe > eyr > christmas > 7 swans

i have not yet listened to a sun came or delighted
>>
>>61066178
genuine question, but what's appealing in Michigan? I just can't
>>
I can't wait until Sufjan finally releases Planetarium, the concert I saw for it and live bootleg confirm that it's pretty much a continuation of the Adz sound

>>61066178
Since Illinois and Adz are your favorites you better get on listening to All Delighted People asap
>>
>>61066231
the fuck's planetarium? (seriously asking)
>>
>>61066077
>>61066178
wtf, why does everyone hate seven swans? I think it's one of his best.
>>
>>61066371
it didnt resonate with me
>>61066212
it's cozy and has some of the more jazzy feeling of illinois while being more homey
>>61066231
yeah
>>
>>61066003
>stood the test of time
its only been a couple years retard, you cant really use that fucking term.

regardless, its really good. same with the djoriah ep or whatever.
>>
Best Adz song is Vesuvius. Fight me.
>>
>>61066077
>>61067581
>these fucking guys
>>
>>61067581
I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree with it
>>
>>61067581
Get Real Get Right or I Want To Be Well. Pleasure Principle too.
>>
>>61067581
best sufjan song in general is Vesuvius in my opinion to be honest family
>>
>>61067954
This is a good opinon
>>
>>61066003
Test of time? Dude it has been 5 years since it came out lmao. Phenomenal album though, one of my favorites by any artist.
Also, >>61067581 is correct, the only songs that could possibly top Vesuvius are the intro and closer. Futile devices is one of the most criminally underrated songs in his entire discog imo familia
>>
>>61067581
>not impossible soul
Lmao
>>
File: joey.jpg (16 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
joey.jpg
16 KB, 352x352
Illinoise > C+L > Michigan=Adz > 7 swans

Haven't listened to the full Suf discog, what else is really worth a listen in it?
>>
It's not that seven swans is bad, it has some of my favorite Sufjan songs and moments, it's just the album as a whole doesn't really compare to the likes of Illinoise, Adz and C&L. C&L is like swans but with purpose.
>>
"Awm not fuqqin' around!" x20
>>
>>61068722
>he fell for the impossible soul is the best track meme
>he fell for the muh length meme
>>
>>61068978
Impossible soul is about one auto tune part too long. other than that it's good stuff, not the best on the album tho
>>
yes thats actually my fav one but its pretty much equal to illinois in my eyes. i know thats not pop opinion

heres another non popular opinion i think, i fucking almost ALWAYS enjoy like the first half of his albums more than the second half. favorite songs on age of ads are I walked and Age of adz and on illinois p much everything including and before chicago is my favorite.
>>
>>61067581
I agree with you, Anon.
>>
my favourite album of all time

all time
>>
>>61066003
Great album cover. Would definitely check out
>>
OBJECTIVE CORRECT ORDER (from best to least best):

1) Carrie and Lowell
2) Age of Adz
3) Illinois
4) Seven Swans
5) Michigan
6) Delighted EP
7) Christmas Unicorn
8) Avalanche
9) The rest of Silver and Gold
10) Enjoy Your Rabbit
11) A Sun Came
>>
>>61067581
I'm sorry anon, but I Want To Be Well is just better.
>>
>>61068836
what makes you say Michigan = Age of Adz? They're perfect examples of completely different albums that only share a composer.

to me it goes Age of Adz > Illinoise > Carrie and Lowell > Michigan > Silver and Gold > rest
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.