[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /mu/s favorite Cardiacs songs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: cardiacsfront.jpg (92 KB, 577x593) Image search: [Google]
cardiacsfront.jpg
92 KB, 577x593
*raises teh cardiacs spo0rk*

Your favorite album too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI4mkf3cW54
my favorite song and album
>>
>>61063402
shhhh
>>
i love that backcover of that album
>>
>>61063419
How was that? I plan on buying it eventually
>>
>>61063419
the boxset should be coming in the post in a few days

looking forward
>>
>>61063433
my file size is too big otherwise i'd give you mine

what are your favorite songs afternoon lad and suicide
>>
>>61063442
I love it, it has a level of energy that isn't quite matched on any of their later albums, but it exceeds all of their previous albums in terms of consistency.
>>
>>61063455
I'm so fucking jealous
There's no way I could pay over $100-$150 for a boxset just offhand. I hope you really enjoy it though.
>>
I know what I want to try and get myself for christmas then too

Jello also
>>
>>61063652
the boxset sold out early on unfortunately, and I haven't seen any resellers on discogs (and if there were then I bet it would be overpriced as hell). Haven't looked on ebay yet though.

There are standard CD and LP formats are still available though.
>>
>>61063763
I'm trying to pirate it too also but I think I can wait for the physical

I'm still curious though what are your favorite Cardiacs songs? i've listened to a great deal but alot kinda just get by me.
>>
This is my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFWzkOiLHyw
>>
>>61063822
The version of Nurses Whispering Verses from The Seaside is a favorite and every version of A Little Man and a House as well as RES. God I have so many favorites with Cardiacs, I go back with them big time.
Literally any song on The Seaside to Heaven Born and Ever Bright is fantastic, even the tracks on Songs for Ships and Irongs (especially that). Even on Sing to God though stuff like A Horse's Tail and Eat It Up Worms Hero and Fiery Gun Hand are absolutely kick ass, StG is still a fantastic album. I just love their earlier stuff so much more.
>>
>>61063952
Nurses Whispering Verses has to be one of my favorites from The Seaside too. A Little Man And A House & R.E.S. are why I want the remaster, especially R.E.S.. I need to look into their earlier stuff alot more definitely.

>>61063943
Liking this
>>
>>61064146
The Seaside version of R.E.S. is actually on all of the reissues, still though this remaster is better than all of the other ones, the 1995 one just boosted the volume and lost a lot of dynamic variability.
>>
>>61063593
It was actually only around £65 if I remember
I forget what it comes with which will result in a bigger surprise

>>61063505
goodbye grace
belleye
dog like sparky
wind and rains is cold
eat it up worms hero (makes me want to listen to bohemian rhapsody every time)

>>61063952
>Literally any song on The Seaside to Heaven Born and Ever Bright is fantastic
YES! So underrated along with Guns
>>
>>61064207
yeah holy shit I didn't even know I already had it on A Little Man And a House And The Whole World Window here
filthy fucking casual I am

>>61064227
Belleye seems one i'll have to give a few once overs
I love Sing to God but I feel bad for calling it bloated, maybe their just too much for me.

No mention of On Land and in the Sea means underrated?
>>
bump for avant maybe
>>
last bump
>>
Hi Avant
Reminder that Sing to God is trumped by The Seaside
>>61064227
Eh that's still more than I can pay, plus with shipping to the US that doesn't help me at all. I bought the numbered Sing to God vinyl and it cost me $80 altogether.
And most definitely, those are still two very great albums. And Guns I've never actually listened to all the way before but just because I don't want to have listened to every Cardiacs song and then be left with nothing left to listen to!
>>61064572
phahah you're good, they did those songs a couple of times
>>
>>61065373
Reminder that Sing to God is trumped by On Land and in the Sea
As with all the other Cardiacs releases

OP not avant btw
>>
I love hearing those old songs reworked in the garage concerts
>>
>>61065769
Any links?
>>
a bump
>>
https://youtu.be/W86d_sM323A
>>
>>61066332
thanks for the share anon
>>
>>61066332
seeing Tim like this is such a treat
appreciated again
>>
A Bump
>>
Last bump
>>
>>61066679
yup
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.