[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your city have a shitty local music scene? It's hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
Does your city have a shitty local music scene? It's hard finding people to jam with here in Maine.
>>
Atlanta punk scene fuckin' top notch, bruh!

Maximum Rock N Roll loves us down here, but I'm so much of a punk that I hate the zines that give our bands good reviews.
>>
Orange County

Absolute shit scene, having to go to LA to get decent gigs or watch decent shows. There's like two mediocre venues in the OC
>>
>>61061081
I live in Central Arkansas and I basically AM the local music scene, apart from worship bands.
>>
There probably is a music scene where I live I'm just an anti-social shut-in with anxiety issues and as such would have trouble getting into it
>>
>>61061081
Why'd you turn your trip off?
>>
Central indiana, like 40 percent good, 60 percent shit. Could be worse.
>>
idk what's going on in STL since I just moved here, need to get on that shit
but Houston had a lot of shit happening. good plays to catch tours too.
>>
>>61061081
I'm sure Seattle's is alright, too bad I live in a small shitty suburb 30min away
>>
Chicago suburbs are full of really REALLY bad metalcore and rockabilly bands.
>>
>>61061081
Amsterdam (up at 2 am because I just got home).

Absolutely nothing going on here.

If you're from Amsterdam, and you know anything about a music scene here, let me know. I only know about the fucking rappers and memerappers that hang out on Leidse, and that's just them hanging out; it has nothing to do with music.
>>
File: White Bear.jpg (224 KB, 545x409) Image search: [Google]
White Bear.jpg
224 KB, 545x409
>>61061081
I might play the White Bear tomorrow. That's about the extent of it.

There is a 30 minute train to London, but

1) I've not the money

2) it's mean trolling about by myself trying to make something happen or muscle in on another open mic...or what have you. I can't see it working. "here comes the weird dud that's weird"... but in London

I don't know what to do. Carry on larking about here I guess.
>>
>>61062090
>tfw Ohio is home to most of the ubersuccessful buttcore bands
>tfw The Devil Wears Prada comes from Dayton
>tfw loads of kids love the shit

thankfully we have a killer alt/indie rock scene heavily impacted by Guided By Voices/Brainiac/The Breeders, a surprisingly mobile noise crowd, and a pretty lively punk crowd. Unfortunately most of the punk is just derivative 80s US hardcore and nothing really interesting
>>
>>61062188
You British people and your slang, why don't you just speak proper English for fuck's sake I can't understand what you're saying
>>
*sigh*
>>
>>61062292
great band glad to see fans of them on here
>>
>>61061081
i live in bournemouth uk, absolute garbage scene, its literally just metalcore and hardcore bands, all under 21, im yet to be impressed by a band here
>>
Where can I go to meet people to jam with in ohio?
>>
>>61062244
im british and i had a hard time reading that aswell, i think hes memeing
>>
The Twin Cities has a great music scene. Mostly indie and hip hop tho
>>
>>61062830
columbus or akron ;)
>>
>>61061081
There is literally no scene in Panama. I want to kill myself
>>
>>61061081
pittsburgh has a decent scene
>>
>>61062995
What are you talking about? What word can't you understand?
>>
here in austin no matter where you go you can probably make three bands in one establishment in an hour.
it's ridiculous
>>
Montana's scene is about as bad as you'd expect. Lots of white rappers and 40-50 year olds playing blues rock and bluegrass covers.
>>
>>61063073
Thx...brother from ohio
>>
>>61063090
Y el reggueton casero? ;^)
>>
Athens, GA, home of R.E.M, the B-52's and NMH.

:~)
>>
Yes, it's all either ~2005-tier scene homohardcore, shitty ska bands consisting of literal autists and spergs, or guys in their 30 and 40s playing really lame shit they call "punk"

I haven't jammed with anyone other than two different friends in almost nine years
>>
I don't know the scene in new york and I'm too socially awkward to find out
>>
>>61063234
P L E N A

No seriously. I'd rather get shot. Unless there's alcohol involved, there is no way I can willingly go to a place where plena is being played
>>
>>61063300
Nigga if you can't find a scene in New York you should start over with your life
>>
BELFAST HERE,
WE HAVE NOTHING
ITS HELL
Most people like Hozier and Ed Sheeran which is fairly shit.
>>
File: Blunt-psd44102.png (83 KB, 400x233) Image search: [Google]
Blunt-psd44102.png
83 KB, 400x233
>>61063117
i understood all of it but when i saw the slang words i had to think and remember what they meant, sorry im pretty high rn and thinking is a challenge
>>
lansing michigan

we have plenty of people doing stuff but no one seems to want to have anything to do with each other besides the emo and brewskicore stuff (and of course some shitty white college rappers) cause cheap girls and that wayne gretzski guy or whatever got popular

shame too cause i know people who do cool stuff they rarely play cause they don't fit with any line ups
>>
>>61063690

*yet they can rarely play
>>
>>61062234
Cincy punk here, there's some good punk out there. Vacation makes really good garage punk. Tweens had a killer set of bubblegum punk demos but their album was mediocre. Bad Matches released one of the catchiest EPs I've ever heard last year.
>>
I honestly don't know if people in Philly even make music
>>
>>61063742
WHOA. I played a show on the same bill as Vacation a few weeks ago in TN. Cool to see those guys talked about. Really chill dudes, and really talented.
>>
>>61063745
Lol, dude are you serious? I lived in Philly for 6 years and did nothing but play music with people/participate in improv workshops/etc etc.
>>
>>61063793
Fuck yea! That's so cool man. The vocalist, Jerri, is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. If you don't mind me asking, what band are you in?
>>
Nashville blows. Mostly trash.
>>
Long Beach. It's great.

In the greater Los Angeles area,
Burger Records is finally beginning to lose its influence.
>>
My hometown has a church choir. Apart from my band, I don't think there's aby other musical projects.
>>
>>61063951

where u at boo?
>>
I live in Green Bay and as far as I know there's nothing but cover bands and buttrockers. At least I have the packers
>>
goddamn living in bumfuck ruralville must suck desu
>>
I've no fucking clue what sort of music scene if any there is in the central Michigan/Lansing area, the only local band I know of is a rather generic thrash metal band some kid who was in my French class is drummer for.
>>
>>61061081
Where in Maine bruh
>>
>>61061956
>worship bands
>music

nice try Christians
>>
>>61061081
yeah

i have friends that go to shitty pop punk shows but I'm not gonna go along because its shitty pop punk

nothing good around here
>>
>>61062021
yeah, it could be northeast indiana
>>
>>61061081

animal collective (at one point), dan deacon, future islands.

to name a few...
>>
>>61063541

I probably could if I tried
>>
Tehachapi. The only scene it has is fucking hardcore.
>>
I live in St. Pete, Florida. There's actually a really nice scene here when it's alive and well. It takes dips at points in the year, but I've been to some pretty great shows in 2015, and there are still a couple more left.

Between Tampa and St. Petersburg there's a healthy mix from a lot of different scenes. We have metal, punk, hip hop, eclectic art rock, and obviously EDM.

Also since it's the Tampa area, Florida dad rock reigns supreme. I could probably see a hair metal band play twenty times a year, but I've chosen not to, not even once.
>>
>>61064932
hey! thats me!
>>
>>61061081
To my knowledge, Connecticut has nothing.
>>
>people in major cities complaining about the music scene

I live in Lapland. There is literally no music scene here.
>>
>>61063911
Nash and Murfreesboro has had some highlights. Thelma and the Sleaze fucking rock if they're still around. Julien Baker got internet recognition this year, she's a student at MTSU. Also Protomen are from MT
>>
new jersey has too many fucking punk slash emo bands
>>
>>61062032
I'm in the exact same situation. Sucks.
>>
File: RECORD LOUNGE FLYER.jpg (1 MB, 1224x1584) Image search: [Google]
RECORD LOUNGE FLYER.jpg
1 MB, 1224x1584
>>61063690
come to the record lounge on saturday and see some good stuff by local people.
>>
some clubs are p good in sydney, i want to move to germany or somewhere in europe tho
>>
Here in Newport (south Wales) the only music seen we got Is twelvies tryna rap bugsy Malone or whoever the fuck he is
>>
File: 073100131.jpg (1 MB, 2048x3088) Image search: [Google]
073100131.jpg
1 MB, 2048x3088
Oshawa, ON fucking sucks
>>
>>61061081
>all these Americans complaining

try living in fucking Southern Italy
;_;
>>
Albany. Shoot me.
>>
I live in Baltimore, the scene here is pretty good. It can get a little catty but this is expected.
>>
>>61069512
I heard that Italy has a shitton of Evanescence cover bands and weird shit like that, is it true?
>>
>>61061887
The Observatory
>>
>>61069610
I don't know if you're making it up or not, but you're right.. There are a shitton of the cringiest cover bands; things like Queen, Guns'n'Roses etc.

The majority of musicians are unironically lewronggeneration, the 0.0001% that puts some effort in listening music treat Beach House, Alt-J and Lame Memepala like the second coming of Christ.

Plus there's no jobs or anything, so I'm NEET not by choice... After a working holiday visa in Australia, where I learnt the joy of multicultural pussy and great live shows.

JUST
>>
Sacramento, we got the only band we need ;))
>>
>>61069078
>Thelma and the Sleaze fucking rock if they're still around.
They are and they blow. Tired of hearing about them.
>>
>>61062032
Are you in Everett?
>>
Vancouver, it's ight
A lot of people who want to be Instagram famous and quote trap songs I guess
Other than that decent punk scene with 333 and everything
Clubs are ight here, Montreal is better though
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.