[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are their top 5 best songs? Also any bands that sound similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: joy divsion.jpg (81 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
joy divsion.jpg
81 KB, 960x540
What are their top 5 best songs? Also any bands that sound similar to them?
>>
Love will tear us apart
Isolation
A means to an end
Disorder (GOAT)
She's lost control/Atmosphere

Just off the top of my head tbqh
>>
>>61059157
1.Disorder
2.Love will tear us apart
3.Shadowplay
4.She lost control
5.No love lost

Finding bands similar to those boys is nearly impossible, their sound was a one of a kind.Try "New Order" if you don't know them, its the same band basicly, but without Ian.
And maybe "The Cure" could fit ya'?
>>
>>61059157
The Sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQBWSpBcQs
>>
>>61059157
New order, but with more synths(if you know what i mean)
>>
>>61059479
fucking this, I Can't Escape Myself is one of my favorite song ever
>>
>>61059157
new order )who I think are better than them)
>>
1. Insight
2. Exercise One
3. Novelty
4. Day of the Lords
5. Decades/The Eternal

that's my personal top 5. and their sound was really unique, i've looked really hard and have yet to find anyone that sounds like them without deliberately ripping them off
>>
New Dawn Fades
Shadowplay
She's Lost Control
Disorder
Colony

Honorable mentions: Dead Souls, Isolation, Day of the Lords and Ceremony since it was basically composed by JD.

As for other good post-punk bands (not necessarily sounding similar to JD), The Sound, The Chameleons and The Comsat Angels. Definitely check out Chameleons' first album at least. It's fucking amazing.
>>
1) Passover (can't believe this one doesn't get that much love)
2) Dead Souls
3) Love Will Tear Us Apart
4) Disorder
5) Atmosphere

These are of course opinions but I mean you gotta at least like these songs right?
>>
1. Atmosphere
2. She's Lost Control
3. Decades
4. Shadowplay
5. Disorder

Ceremony is GOAT but all their recordings of it are pretty shitty.
>>
(In no real order)
1.) Heart And Soul
2.) Transmission
3.) Interzone
4.) New Dawn Fades
5.) The Kill
Love all their stuff though, so great. Would have loved to hear Ian's voice singing in a different genre though.
This one band Dadamah has an eerily similar lead singer..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdC2V80xXQM
>>
>>61059157
1. Wilderness
2. Disorder
3. Transmission
4. Atmosphere
5. Twenty Four Hours
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.