[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more frustrating genre than shoegaze? Whenever I listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: iBIwb[1].jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
iBIwb[1].jpg
80 KB, 600x600
Is there a more frustrating genre than shoegaze? Whenever I listen to this album I love it even more than the last time and want to explore the genre further, but every other "shoegaze" album seems so uninteresting and unimpressive in comparison to this masterpiece. The only thing that even comes close is the rest of this band's discography (mainly Isn't Anything and some stuff off the EPs comp).

I'd love to be proven wrong but I seriously doubt it will happen
>inb4 people recommend shit albums like Nowhere and Souvlaki
>>
File: a0548518451_16.jpg (90 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a0548518451_16.jpg
90 KB, 700x700
>>61052097
>>
>>61052097
Honestly if you like MBV try this
>>
Slowdive - Just for a Day
>>
File: lilys.jpg (413 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
lilys.jpg
413 KB, 630x630
best shoegaze album desu
>>
Have you tried:

The December Sound: The Silver Album
Tokyo Shoegazer: Crystallize

? I am not saying they are as good or on par, but definitely worth checking though.
>>
meme genre
>>
>>61052097
T H E G O S L I N G S
Everyone should listen to Grandeur of Hair.
Also, the Pastel Blue demos gave me great vibes would recc if u want to chill out to some Slowdive esque texture heavy wavy Japanese shit, otherwise LSD and the Search for God.
>>
>>61052097
Panda Riot
Crash City Saints
>>61052124
>>61052127
LSD and the Search for God
>>61052135
>>61052207
Ringo Deathstarr
Cheatahs
Weed
>>61052662
Airiel
Basically all japanese shoegaze, ever

And these are just MBV-inspired albums. The genre has a ton of diversity, don't dismiss it because of the "all shoegaze sounds the same" meme.

Also
>Souvlaki
>Nowhere
>shie
kill yourself my man
>>
>>61052731
Souvlaki is good, but Nowhere outside from 2 songs is pretty shit
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-15-16-34-36.png (405 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-15-16-34-36.png
405 KB, 1080x1920
Been listening to this introductory shoegaze playlist for the last week. Got it from a Guardian article
>>
Shoegaze is a shit genre with one band making a great album and the rest of the bands just copy the sound of the said album which makes it samey and boring.
>>
Lush - Split is pretty great desu
>>
>>61052833
If he doesn't like Ride or Slowdive, he's unlikely to like this, unless he has a pop streak. Great suggestion otherwise.
>>
>>61052814
>and the rest of the bands just copy the sound of the said album which makes it samey and boring.

Even the other bands did better than MBV copying their own album.

I don't want to listen to Loveless copies. Shoegaze existed before Loveless and there is more than one style of creating it.
>>
>>61052731
Nowhere is not that good, except for maybe a couple of songs. And Souvlaki sounds really dated, it's still a good album but it didn't age very well.
>>
>>61052796
>Ride
>Chapterhouse
boring as fuck
>The Jesus And Mary Chain
>Cocteau Twins
love 'em but I'd argue they're noise pop and dream pop respectively rather than shoegaze
>>
>>61053194
>they're noise pop and dream pop respectively rather than shoegaze

definitely alternative rock/dream pop. not noisy enough to be shoegaze or even noise pop
>>
>>61053358
I agree completely in Cocteau Twins' case, but Jesus and Mary Chain could 100% be argued for as a noise pop band, hence the "respectively" meaning Jesus and Mary Chain are noise pop and Cocteau Twins are dream pop
>>
>>61052097
This genre is such garbage. What is it? Alt rock, but with fuzzier guitars and the obligatory bitch whispering in some songs? Fuck that shit, if I want alt rock, I'll just listen to Nirvana or Smashing Pumpkins. Or better yet, something manly, like Staind and Puddle of Mud, since they're grungey and heavy, unlike this castrated garbage.
>>
>>61053765
/cringe/
>>
>>61052814
You're the worst kind of pleb. See >>61052731

>>61053135
Nowhere's songwritting is better than Loveless's (fite me)

>>61053765
It's funny because Corgan was massively influenced by Loveless while making Siamese Dream, and their sound is very similar to shoegaze.

>>61053358
Early JAMC was definitely noise pop/rock
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.