[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove me wrong, /mu/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: mt_over_pp.png (728 KB, 1600x841) Image search: [Google]
mt_over_pp.png
728 KB, 1600x841
Prove me wrong, /mu/.
>>
Why should I?
>>
>>61043546
Because it's true and we both know it
>>
>>61043582
They're both solid don't be a twat.
>>
>>61043673
Yeah but Mature Themes is better
>>
Are you gonna look after my boys?
>>
the doldrums is better than both of them so it doesn't matter
>>
>>61044356
This
>>
File: arial.png (277 KB, 648x568) Image search: [Google]
arial.png
277 KB, 648x568
Worn Copy is my personal favorite but Pom Pom is clearly his magnum opus.
>>
Sexual Athletics
>>
>>61044818
>before today
>low tier
>>
From what I've heard:

The Doldrums> Pom Pom> Before Today> Mature Themes> House Arrest

Doldrums is a lo-fi masterpiece.
>>
Before Today = Pom Pom = Mature Themes > Worn Copy = House Arrest = The Doldrums > Lover Boy

this is so hard, Ariel is just too good
>>
>>61044818
couldn't disagree more, before today is his best album
>>
>>61045053
>>61045437
It's not better than any of the albums above it.

It seems very forced, like Ariel was doing a caricature of his sound while being much more accessible so the album would sell better for 4AD.

Mature Themes is superior to it in every regard because it actually sounds like Haunted Graffiti.
>>
>>61045480
I can appreciate why you find Mature Themes better but Before Today's accessibility is why I find it superior. I like that I can potentially put it on at a party and people won't be like "dude wtf is this" every 20 seconds. I like that I can play it in my car and girls think it's cool
>>
>>61045532
I agree that it's infinitely more accessible, but accessibility shouldn't really be considered when determining the worth of the album. That being said, I think Before Today is a fantastic album and the production is a big reason for that.
>>
>>61045615
in my opinion, it should. before today is a great, crazy album that's also accessible. it's the best of both worlds: you get respect from real music folk and also fame/money. I can only hope to one day release something as successful and enjoyable to listen to as before today myself
>>
>>61044818
scared famous is definitely not shit tier
>>
I can't, seeing as you are correct in your choice.
>>
>>61044818
All of his albums prior to Before Today are god tier as well as Mature Themes. Pom Pom is nearly god tier and Before Today is still a solid 8/10.
>>
mature themes always seemed a bit dull to me but it is definitely more haunted graffiti sounding so it gets the edge over pom pom

>>61044818
>scared famous and loverboy are shit tier
bro those albums are good, i would say either are as good as underground
>>
>>61045733
It's comparative, honestly.

Scared Famous has bad quality even for early Ariel and its highs are nowhere near the highs or even the lows on a lot of his other albums.
>>
>>61044818
you'd be closer if you randomly assigned albums to each tier. what the heck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.