[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw rap finally killed indie rock >tfw even the publication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (80 KB, 800x682) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
80 KB, 800x682
>tfw rap finally killed indie rock
>tfw even the publication symbol of the genre jumped on the bandwagon
>tfw the late 00s are just memories now
>>
>>61036121
D U M B F R O G P O S T E R
>>
hipster metal will kill rap

mark my words

indie is dead, but memetal is just getting started
>>
who cares tho? rock is pretty boring. especially as of late. Kendricks album was straight fire and destroys any rock album from this year
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

I have this on repeat every day.

Modern music is great.

1m of those 10m views are from me.
>>
File: 35633.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
35633.png
93 KB, 500x422
>>61036174
>"""straight fire"""
>>
Pitchfork LITERALLY converted me into being a huge hip hop listener/fan. It was first MBDTF and Sir Lucious Left Foot that I liked a lot, 5 years ago. Then with the releases of Watch the Throne, LiveLoveA$AP, Take Care, Black Up, The Money Store, House of Balloons, channel ORANGE, XXX, R.A.P Music, Yeezus, Nothing Was the Same, Old, My Name is My Name, iLoveMakonnen, Honest, etc I fully converted to listening to hip hop only.

Before I used to be an mucore/indie/rymcore guy: MBV, Natural Snow Buildings, American Football, Michael Pisaro, etc. Now some of my favorite artists are Migos, Young Thug, Rick Ross, Fetty Wap, Chief Keef, etc. And I can't stop listening to any of them nor I am capable to listen to anything else. All that indie/avant-teen crap sounds boring as shit to me, it's not catchy, there aren't any bangers, it just sounds pointless to me. Hip hop is the pinnacle of music in my ears, and I am sincerely grateful to Pitchfork for this.
>>
>>61036121
>tfw you are posting a facebook meme on 4chan
>Tfw fags like you will cling to this dead meme even though every other dead meme was left dead
People don't post all your base are belong to us anymore it's time to move on faggot.
>>
>>61036153
no it's not, sleep's dragonaut was THE hipster metal song
>>
Indie rock isn't doing anything new or interesting. Listen to the new Deerhunter album and tell me if there's a single moment that sets it apart from any generic indie record released in 2007. Hip hop at least continues to evolve and break new ground.
>>
>>61036229
true tho
>>
>>61036265
I was talking about the frog btw. I don't give a shit about this INDEEEEEEEEHHHHH vs Hol up discussion.
>>
File: beckett_grin.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
beckett_grin.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>>61036238

>All that indie/avant-teen crap sounds boring as shit to me

I'm not sure if this post is satirical but I sincerely feel this way about most of it now and I don't even care.
>>
>>61036121
indie died when LCD died
>>
>>61036238
this is a meme right
>>
>>61036153
if only

normies can't get down with screamed vocals
>>
>>61036121
>>tfw rap finally killed indie rock
There's like a million indie bands playing around the world every night of the week.
>>
thank god
>>
>>61036443
all suck
>>
>>61036443

He means cultural influence on a macro scale.
>>
I honestly don't know how hip hop got where it was. I would be fine with it if actual talented hip hop artists got there, but only mediocre ones like Migos, Future, Fetty Wap, etc got to the place.
I mean sure, I'm looking too much at the top, but that's where most are gravitating towards. The only things I've found that isn't mediocre is Hotline Bling and Kendrick Lamar.
Can somebody tell me what's the deal?
>>
>>61036238
subtle...
>>
>>61036816

>Can somebody tell me what's the deal?

you are too reddit for your own good.

that is the deal.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.