[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That moment you find out that Mark Mothersbaugh wrote and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: mm.jpg (34 KB, 636x483) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
34 KB, 636x483
>That moment you find out that Mark Mothersbaugh wrote and recorded the Rugrats theme
>>
>>61033913
nigga it says that in the opening credits
>>
>>61033938
When I watched Rugrats in the 90s I had no idea who Mark was.
>>
>That moment when you find out Mark Mothersbaugh went to Kent State when the national guard shot student protesters and he knew one of the guys killed
>>
How does Mark get away with it? He does an ad for Kent State that's a subtle insult and gets a blind guy to advertise laserdiscs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnSn3SLZoNM
>>
>>61033913
I hate his face
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (87 KB, 650x451) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
87 KB, 650x451
how do you go from this...
>>
>>61034080
Where is the subtle insult?
>>
>>61033913
Who?
>>
>>61033913
I knew he wrote it while I watched it. I guess that's what happens when you have a musically-conscious dad who tells you things
>>
>>61034219
>If my music moved you thank the place that moved me
In interviews he's said that the shooting drastically changed his attitude.
>>
>>61034064
Based National Guard
>>
>>61033913

sam hyde isn't aging well
>>
>>61034250
devoman
>>
>>61033913
i guess he's a bit of a....

mother's baugh
>>
>>61034250
that guy who people only like because he was quirky and goofy
>>
and just as importantly, rocket power
>>
>>61033913
dude the nostalgia just killed me.

I remember I use to ake up lyrics for it when I watched it as a kid.

"The rugrats are the best
I-i lo-o-ve them"

imaging singing that over the tune.
>>
shit's blowing my mind
>>
Yeah cool and all but he wrote the music for FUCKING CRASH BANDICOOT WHATCHYA KNOW
>>
>>61034955
holy shit
>>
>>61034997
Truly the most based man in music
>>
File: time out FOR FUN.jpg (88 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
time out FOR FUN.jpg
88 KB, 719x719
>>
>>61034410
yup, no satire involved in devo at all
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.