[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post albums your siblings played constantly.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: GarbageSTinternational.png (242 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
GarbageSTinternational.png
242 KB, 300x300
ITT: post albums your siblings played constantly.
>>
Garbage's first 2 albums are pretty damn good. Their last one's not too shabby either. The stuff inbetween? Eh...
>>
>>61033321
It's good music but it's chick stuff.
>>
>>61033277
Garbage's debut is fantastic. Same for the follow-up, Version 2.0.
>>
File: 220px-Letmeintroducemyfriends.jpg (23 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Letmeintroducemyfriends.jpg
23 KB, 220x220
Always and forever my least favorite album of all-time.
>>
>>61033343
How come? Just because it's sung by a female?
>>
File: By the Way.jpg (475 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
By the Way.jpg
475 KB, 600x600
>>
>>61033343

You say this as if I don't secretly have a girly as fuck side that likes stuff like Garbage. They're one of those bands that I feel like I should feel a hint of guilt for liking but absolutely don't, because fuck it.
>>
>>61033392
A female who sings about her PMS bullshit in every song, at least the first two albums.
>>
>>61033430
Garbage are far from girly. Songs like Push It, As Heaven Is Wide or Subhuman are absolutely badass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmd3UiNfNkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGTvPqHxYEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8LdXfjzUCY

No saccharine stuff, just awesome music.
>>
>>61033507
>A female who sings about her PMS bullshit in every song, at least the first two albums.
A bullshit opinion from someone (you) that didn't even listen to those albums. Are you sure that you heard the right albums?
>>
>>61033543

I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it

You know I love it when the news is bad
And why it feels so good to feel so sad

If a man sang this he'd get laughed at and rightly so.
>>
>>61033507

The 3rd and 4th albums aren't much different. The 3rd one just focused more on the electronic stuff and the 4th focused more on the rock stuff. The most recent one then went back to the first 2 albums' basics, coincidentally making it the best thing they wrote in years.
>>
>>61033581
Those might as well be Depeche Mode lyrics though. I'm not saying they're good (either Depeche Mode or Garbage), but they're not girly in particular.
>>
>>61033624
>implying EVERYONE didn't laugh at Depeche Mode
>>
>>61033512

As Heaven Is Wide is basically "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned: the song".

>>61033624

Truth.
>>
>>61033581
You're dumbass. Those lyrics are ironic (like she's happy when she's depressive). You didn't notice the tone of her voice when she sang those lines, right?

Also what these lyrics have to do with "PMS bullshit"?
>>
>>61033394
Pretty solid album desu
>>
>>61033684
I got you crawling up a mountain
Hanging round my neck
I got you twisted around my finger
Crawling round my legs
The emptiness
The craziness
Satisfy my hungriness
Darling how would it feel?
If we sleep together
will you like me better?
If we cum together
we'll go down forever
If we sleep together
will I like you better?
If we cum together
Prove it now or never
>>
>>61033678
>As Heaven Is Wide is basically "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned: the song".
Wrong. That song is about the Catholic church.
>>
>>61033669
Martin Gore is a cringey as fuck lyricst, but it's not "PMS bullshit". It's just whiny adolescent crap. That's pretty ordinary.

I'd cut Garbage a little bit of slack at least, Shirley Manson had never written lyrics before.
>>
>>61033745
Quelle surprise, Garbage singing sexy songs. They have a song named Sex Is Not the Enemy, ffs. They were never afraid to sing about sex.
>>
>>61033775
You could say the same thing about Trent Reznor (NIN). The lyrics are very subjective and don't really matter if the actual music is great.
>>
>>61033789
She sings about sex in a teenage diary way. Chick stuff. I like the music but I can't exactly flaunt it in certain circles.
>>
>>61033817
Trent's a better writer, but yeah, still stuck in 8th grade.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.