[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Folk-Punk and Indie-Folk such SJW genres?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Ajj_knife_man.jpg (51 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Ajj_knife_man.jpg
51 KB, 360x360
Why are Folk-Punk and Indie-Folk such SJW genres?
>>
>>61031032

Because only faggots like them.
>>
most of the fans of folk punk that ive had in contact with were the sjws that dont realise that they are 'sjws' themselves and use overused shitty jokes like triggered and whatever

fuck this stupid genre and their fans
>>
because the feeble and limp-wristed nature of the music attracts feeble and limp-wristed listeners
>>
I really like the sound of AJJ but I can't stand that they are sjw
>>
File: tumblr_nf0lls7C8F1qhh2mzo1_500.jpg (128 KB, 466x612) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf0lls7C8F1qhh2mzo1_500.jpg
128 KB, 466x612
>mfw this thread

also i'm listening to the knife and just got a new follower on my tumblr blog if anyone wants to know
>>
>>61031895
whats ur tumblr?
follow 4 follow
T B H
B
H
>>
>>61031032
If you delete Back Pack and American Tune off of that album it's pretty damn amazing.
>>
because it pisses you reactionary fucks off
>>
>>61031086
Isn't using triggered as a joke anti-SJW? They seem like triggering would be a serious issue for them
>>
>>61031032
faggy effeminate music attracts stupid effeminate fags
>>
>>61032025
k dad
>>
>>61031895
this pic is literally me tbqh
>>
Is there a non-shit folk-punk band?
Also, I don't really think AJJ is SJW, they are just lolsorandom ledditors who only care about being normies
>>
>>61032127
Does Billy Bragg count as folk-punk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hscr4VvsoiY
>>
>>61032054
same
>>
>>61031032
they're the most emasculating and least threatening of the punk and folk genre
>>
>>61031032
Because folk punk was made under the auspices that two easy genres of music to play with a penchant for whiny prose is a good mixture.

The taxpayers are fucking dope though. Could use some blast beating to be honest, dearest relative.
>>
>>61031032
there is some non-SJW folk-punk

Some Tumblr users would complain that Violent Femmes "Add It Up" is completely misogynistic because the the vocalist sings: "Why can't I get just one kiss? Screw? Fuck" and makes sexist comments so no not all of the genre is SJW
>>
>>61032141
yeah he does
>>
I don't actually think Knife man is an entirely bad album. American Tune and Zombies aren't good, and have some of the worst lyrics i've heard. but everything else is good all things considered. AJJ tend to have mediocre to bad lyrics stretched out between like, 1 or 2 really good lines in a song.
>>
>>61032214
Knife Man has both my favorite (Big Bird) and least favorite (American Tune) AJJ songs on it
>>
File: jh.png (1 MB, 780x1024) Image search: [Google]
jh.png
1 MB, 780x1024
>>61032054
>>61032163
ikr?
>>
>>61031991
Hello, Tumblr!
>>
>>61033070
JESUS
>>
>>61031032
They're not, you just care way too much
>>
>EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD NOT REALIZING IT'S IRONIC
>>
>>61031032
Folk was already leftist in the 1920s so no big deal
>>
>>61034408
Stop spreading disinformation you fucking idiot. Use google, the band has confirmed that they agree with the messages of songs like American Tune, and Fuck white people.
>>
>>61031032
Although i somewhat agree, i do enjoy the irony with andrew jackson writes its lyrics.
>>
>>61034473
>everybody in this thread caring
>not being able to separate artist from idea
>>
>>61034473
The interviews could also have been ironic
>>
I like indie-folk & folk punk, I don't consider myself an SJW.
>>
>>61031032
Because Folk has always been protest music, as has punk. Put the two together, you can't expect much different.
>>
>>61035112
Same desu senpai.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.