[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of these three is currently the best rapper alive, but which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: future-kdot-thugga.jpg (122 KB, 1318x392) Image search: [Google]
future-kdot-thugga.jpg
122 KB, 1318x392
One of these three is currently the best rapper alive, but which one (Drakefags and Lil Ugly Mane memesters GTFO) ???

Bonus points: Fuck Marry Kill
>>
Baby Loc Da Homicide Don
>>
Realistically if we're talking purely in terms of talent as an MC, future isn't in the conversation at all
Difficult between the other two though, kendrick is better as a purely traditional MC and has interesting lyricism on his side but thugga is more forward-thinking and innovative
>>
>>61030887
lol Future can't rap
>>
Thug and it's not even close
>>
>>61030887
you fuckers realize black thought never died?
>>
>>61030887
Easily Future. If you say anything else, then you just don't know the first thing about him or his career
>>
Future by a landslide.
>>
>>61030887
>top 3 rappers
>1 rapper
>2 mumblers
okay, OP
>>
>fuck
Thugga
>marry
>Kendrick
>kill
Future
>>
>all these faggot contrarians not saying Kendrick is the best
please tell me its a joke im not in on, what makes thugger better than kdot
>>
>>61030887
2 slur incoherencies over banal production,
One is legitimately lyrical.
>you tell me OP
>>
>>63637741
>seats have audio jacks for headphone users
But cinema speakers are loud enough that the audio would leak thriugh, and unless it was perfectly synced with the headphone audio (basically impossible because the sound will take longer to reach different parts of the cinema) it will be an awful clusterfuck of doubled noise. Did you think of that, you stupid fucking autistic?>>61030887
Thug. Fuck Thug, marry Kendrick, kill Future.
>>
>>61032313
progressing an artform. would you rather listen to Beatles impersonators or a new wave band in the 70s?
>>
>>61030964
>thugga is more forward-thinking and innovative

His voice, delivery, flow, etc may be pretty fucking unique but everything else about him is generic as fuck. Generic trap beats, generic trap lyrics.

He'll be forgotten in a few years, while Kendrick is only getting bigger.
>>
File: barter-6.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
barter-6.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
Thugger without a doubt future close second
>>
File: 324112234.jpg (7 KB, 250x181) Image search: [Google]
324112234.jpg
7 KB, 250x181
>>61030887
Kendrick is the best rapper alive since Nas, btw who are those other two african american niggers in the picture?
>>
>>61032992
>Generic trap beats, generic trap lyrics
trap is a genre for a reason, how can it be generic when he is going for a specific sound, which you pointed out

thugger is the least generic trap artist tbqh
>>
>>61032212

Only correct answer.
>>
>>61033031
kendrick is a racist faggot though, his tpab project was straight garbage
>>
>>61033067
When has kendrick ever said anything racist? Especially on TPAB.
>>
File: 1411618888931.jpg (62 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1411618888931.jpg
62 KB, 431x450
>>61033067
>kendrick is a racist

so?
>>
>>61032961
>progressing an artform
how did young thug progress the genre
>>
>>61033101
p much any song on tpab is racist, especially that blacker the berry song
>>
>>61033067
>race has nothing to do with how good an album is
>Varg is a great musician even if he is racist
>TPAB is bad because it's racist against white people

when will /pol/tards get their stories straight
>>
>>61033010

I get thugger but not future. He just sounds drowsy and his lyrics come off as lazy. I really don't understand why people are impressed by him. It seems to just fit into this whole romanticism of "brilliant ignorance" that's going on. Same goes for Thugger, but his songs are legitimately cleverly performed and some of his lyrics are pretty neat. At the very least, he is an undeniably good entertainer. Kendrick is probably the best rapper of those three. Hendrix is the worst. DS2 had really good production though
>>
>>61033234
>TPAB is bad because it's racist against white people
but it wasn't, its still debatably best album of the year
>>
>>61033196
How in any way is The Blacker the Berry racist?

Literally how is the album racist? There are no racist songs and no racist lyrics on the entire album.

>The Blacker The Berry
>A song calling out hypocracy in weeping for black people killed by whites while black people kill each other
>racist
If anything its a bad false equivalency, but definitely not racist.
>>
>>61033244
future was one of the guys who pioneered the trap sound and made it popular
>>
>>61030887
This whole thread is proof that /mu/ should not talk about Hip Hop.
>>
>>61033279
"fuck you, no fuck yall"
>>
>>61033244
drink some codeine then you woill understand.
>>
>>61033170
his kooky krazy delivery. He is innovative and that is something that should be respected. No one sounded like thug before thug.
>>
>>61033330
Think again
>>
>>61033311
what? The song is playing a character who is rallying against racism and not doing anything to help fellow black people.

The way that line was delivered was purely anger and emotional. It also was arguably targetting racists not white people from that characters perspective anyway.
>>
>>61033363
arguably. idk man i liked kendrick alot before he released tpab. Ive lost respect for him now and i dont even like some of his songs that i had liked prior.
>>
>>61033362
young thug is the only guy to have a different flow on literally every song hes done, he's always changing his sound..something most rappers dont do
>>
>>61033412
That's fine. But I hope its not because he's racist. If you think that line is actually kendrick then you don't follow him enough.

There are no explicitly racist lyrics that he's made so far. There are lines like that, which can be interpreted that way, but imo aren't even bad because they always feel like cries for help or angry rants from the song's perspective, not actual positions held.
>>
>>61033464
i guess i could see that, but even if that were true i get a vibe that he has an underlying agenda, like he has strong hatred towards certain people but tries to mask it behind his music
>>
>>61033534
That would be something that I feel is wrong, if he's making political music he shouldn't hold back.

I just don't think he does. To me his philosophy is pretty much "White people aren't going to save us, lets fix our own problems" which yeah isn't respectful but isn't like he hates white people or anything or his message is hurtful to anyone.
>>
>>61033449

lil wayne did that way before thugger
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.