[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you mindlessly hate this song just because it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
How many of you mindlessly hate this song just because it's popular and it's Drake? Be honest.
>>
I don't hate it, don't really like it either tho
>>
I GOHD DAD HODLINE BLIHH
>>
>>61027162
How many of you mindlessly like this song just because it's popular and it's Drake? Be honest.
>>
I thought it was one of Drake's only decent songs.

Like 80% of his music is shite to me.
>>
>>61027190
On /mu/, very very very few people.
>>
>>61027202
this
>>
>>61027162
i don't hate it, drake is just a soft-ass nigga so i just can't take it seriously
>>
>>61027202
same
I love the chilled out vibe of the song, along with the really genuinely beautiful melody

and yet like literally all his other work is just garbage to me
>>
>>61027202
>he thinks hotline bling is nearly as good as anything on IYRTITL
>>
>>61027162
I don't hate it's popular
I do hate it because it is Drake
Because has absolutely no talent whatsoever, the lyrics are awful and his vocal delivery is douchey and monotonous as always.
Oh, and the production is a bore.
>>
>>61027235
>his vocal delivery is douchey
what does this even mean

sounds like you're the kind of kid who's mad that the girl in high school biology that they have a crush on is dating a football player
>>
>>61027293
>what does that even mean
It means he sounds like a total asshole who thinks he is superior to the listener.
>>
>>61027162
This is #1 song of the year, because its the definition of the catchy and charisma. People love it. Haters hate it.

I love it.
>>
>>61027353
>It means he sounds like a total asshole who thinks he is superior to the listener.
that's because he probably is

it's fucking hip hop dude, half the genre is predicated on posturing
>>
>>61027374
>People love it. Haters hate it.
I think haters could be more appropriately changed to "autists" but point still stands
>>61027353
lmao who gives a shit how his voice sounds
it's literally the last resort of people who are trying to hate artists like Jeff Mangum, Joanna Newsom, etc.
they can't criticize the music so instead they bust out bullshit like this
>>
I don't hate it, I dont care about it.
>>
>>61027411
so not liking music because you don't like the sound of the music is bullshit?
>>
the weeknd > drake
>>
For top 40 shit, it's not terrible.
>>
>>61027411

>I think haters could be more appropriately changed to "autists" but point still stands

"I got enemies, I got a lotta enemies
Got a lotta people tryna drain me of my energy
They tryna take the waaave from a nigga"

Drake raps on "Energy"
I think we got 3 cases.

First is there the "real hip hop" fans, the "streetz". They blinding hate pop rap. Specially white, race mixed rappers as Iggy Azalea, Logic, J. Cole and obvious Drake.

Second we got the blinded stan wars, most presenting in the forums and social network. Is there discussion whos the best rapper alive? whos GOAT? Drake Vs. Kendrick, Drake Vs. Kanye, Drake Vs. Meek, Drake Vs. "Real Hip hop fans" and the list goes on...

Third we got the niggas, literally black guys, that like dadraps, like Ice Cube and Jay Z and hate everything that was "not totally black". They buzzing words like "oh fuck, this artists was doing "cultural appropriation" muh culture, we wuz king, we didun noffin" #BlackLivesMatter >Beyoncé be like
>Kardhasian be like
>dude white lmao

Is not a surprise that rap stans are the most irrationally hostile in the world.
>>
>>61027476
Drake made Weeknd, so no.

>muh Weeknd give take care songs to Drake

Abel just 10% of the Drake care, Drake literally made Abel (weeknd). Ungrathful.
>>
>>61027162
I dont mind it but it gets old hearing everyone just say "hotline bling" all the time at work & at social shit.
>>
>>61027468
Not liking the music due to the most subjective and irrelevant quality to the music is bullshit.
>>
>>61027162
don't care for it. rather keep listening too ariel pink or sufjans version
>>
I legitimately love this song and the beat and drakes vocals on it too. But I've never even enjoyed a Drake song before.
>>
>>61027162
never heard it because I don't go outside
>>
>>61027688
Such a strange phenomenon
>>
>>61027202
I stand by this opinion
>>
Marvins Room is his best song.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.