[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how's this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: AHFOD1000[1].jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
AHFOD1000[1].jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
So how's this album?
>>
>>61026134
Not good
>>
horrific cover. it's like an attempt at psychedelia from people who've never taken psychedelics in their lives
>>
>>61026134
As usual per Coldplay standards, fucking atrocious.
>>
>>61026173
They were never this bad
>>
>>61026232
Mylo Xylo, that previous album and this one are all the same sort of garbage. I don't know how you can even tel one from another.
>>
>>61026251
>tell*

How autistic am I for always correcting my typos on 4chin?
>>
Bad. Basically take Mylo Xyloto and put in EDM producers. The only acceptable moment is literally Noel Gallagher playing guitar. That is saying something about the album's quality.
>>
>>61026251
Yeah, last 3 were pretty bad, but their first 4 were way better
>>
>>61026155

I thought it sounded like they spend 6 months on a tropical island.
>>
do they have a good album or all of them are shit?
>>
>>61026298
AROBTTH and Viva la Vida are pretty damn good imo.
>>
>>61026298
First 2 are very good as far as pop rock goes, 3rd one is meh, 4th one is grear
>>
>>61026232
Parachutes was sub par, AROB was passable. Anything after is trash.
>>
Took about a week to really grow on me.

Title track sounds like a Coldplay intro. Usually a good lean into the feel of the album. Does it's job.

Birds is actually the best song on the album in my opinion. Lyrics feel good and the song as a whole feels positive and up without sounding cheesy.

Hymn for the Weekend still kinda sounds like generic radio pop. Take that how you want it.

Everglow is a pretty boring song mainly featuring Chris and a piano, but unlike Coldplay's other piano heavy songs like The Scientist or Fix You, it doesn't build at all or really go anywhere from the first 5 seconds.

Adventure of a Lifetime is catchy but something about Johnny's guitar playing smells a bit too much like Maroon 5. I like the a lot, but the fact that I hear 'generic Maroon 5 guitar track #4' in it turns me off a bit

Fun sounds a bit like an 80's love ballad to me. The duet with Tove Lo is actually very well done. The song as a whole is pretty good, it just doesn't really sound like Coldplay.

Army of One is really interesting. I immediately hated it the first time and didn't give it a chance until a few days later. I can't give you a reason why it grew on me or even why I hated it at first. I think it's because it feels like it doesn't have a beginning. It sounds like the second half of a song. It's.........ok

There is a hidden track after Army of One called X Marks the Spot............. Please don't listen to this song. Complete trash.

Up & Up is one of the better songs on the album. Probably 2nd best behind Birds. This song was written for an audience to sing along to. Chorus is full and loud. Lyrics are simple and easy to remember. Halfway thru the song we get an enchanting guitar solo that takes the lead for a good chunk of the song until we get a beefed up version of the chorus. Definitely a live song

Overall, not bad, just different from previous works. 6/10
>>
>>61026134
I honestly don't get how anyone can hate this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEoV6lJzNI0
>>
>>61026502
Don't know if you're serious or not but they really didn't write that song or the first part of Life in Technicolor. It's a song called Light through the Veins made by Jon Hopkins. He let them use it. Chris just added a few lyrics to it.

Jon also wrote the music for their song Midnight
>>
>>61026134
It's bad. Go listen to parachutes or viva la vida.
>>
Not the best album on the planet but not the worst either.
>>
The Frist 4 album, are fantastic, MX and GS arent good, but they have a few good songs. But AHFOD is garbage, only "Birds" is good, the rest is shit...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.