[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck does /mu/ always discuss that album as if it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (41 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
41 KB, 280x280
Why the fuck does /mu/ always discuss that album as if it was insanely abstract and difficult to comprehend? Finally listened to it, it's rather accessible.

Not to say it's bad, I really liked the album.
>>
Because 90% of the people that post here actively only listen to KPOP, hip hop and essential waifu-core.
>>
>>61026041
Oh well. Where do I go from this one, anyways? Is the rest of Beefheart's discography as good as Trout Mask?
>>
>>61026096
I think TMR is his best but some of his other albums are definitely worth listening to.

Mirror Man for long bluesy jams (a personal favourite)
Safe as Milk for fairly accessible yet experimental blues rock (a lot of people like this album the most)
And Lick My Decals Off Baby is good if you want something similar to Trout Mask Replica
>>
>>61026032
Because, objectively. it is.
Not for us, but for normies. Play it to your mum and see.

I prefer Doc At The Radar Station and Ice Cream For Crow.
>>
>>61026127
>And Lick My Decals Off Baby
Gonna start with this one, sounds interesting.
I like the experimental side of Captain Beefheart, mostly. Straight blues isn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>61026202
I wouldn't call any of those albums "straight blues"
>>
>>61026191
What makes you think /mu/tants are the only ones with a taste in music? Anyone with an open mind who adjusted himself to rock and maybe a little experimental jazz will feel comfortable listening to Trout Mask. Many adults match the criteria.
>>
>>61026096

His other records are no where near as good.
They're more composed, less frantic, less energetic, less fun. I don't like them very much.
>>
>>61026265
have you listened to Mirror Man?
>>
>>61026253
Many, perhaps, but not most. Walk into your work tomorrow and talk to them about music, see if it drifts past the charts.
>>
>>61026265
TMR is literally his most composed album though
>>
>>61026378
Guess you're right in a way, I don't discuss music with people except /mu/ and my artsy friends.

>>61026265
Briefly went over Lick My Decals, it sounds interesting. Maybe not unique the way Trout Mask is, but just as unique in its own way.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.