[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Queens of the Stone Age Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: era vulgaris.jpg (15 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
era vulgaris.jpg
15 KB, 237x212
Does anybody else like this album? I dont know what it is about it but the weird noises and overall "toy factory" aesthetic has really grown on me. I wish they'd do another album like this but that'll never happen.

Also Queens of the Stone Age thread.
>>
I liked it from the first listen. Never really understood why some people dislike it.
>>
>>61025499
I think the "toy factory" vibe is just another part of their long running nostalgic/pulp/film style they also use in music videos etc

Like how Like Clockwork had that pulp comic Vampire style
>>
>>61025534
I think some people find the riffs and production too grating
this album isnt as groovy as a lot of their other stuff

lotta tracks are straight DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DUNNNAA NA DIRK
>>
File: testicle.png (1 MB, 985x789) Image search: [Google]
testicle.png
1 MB, 985x789
"Suture up my future" is a very hard hitting/close to home song for me even if it is unintentional lyrically
I lost a testicle due to torsion and the Doctors literally sutured up my future
>>
>>61025552
Yeah theres a lot of squeaky noises and the drumming sounds like they recorded someone falling down a flight of stairs or something. Which i like. Im not really into that slow and deep ...like clockwork stuff. Though i appear missing and my god is the sun are really good.
>>
>>61025534
Well they also decided to release 3 of the best songs in special deluxe tour editions outside of the us. Its fucking impossible to find the 2cd versions.
>>
File: Josh_002.jpg (33 KB, 455x500) Image search: [Google]
Josh_002.jpg
33 KB, 455x500
It's an album that revolves around decadence and it goes back to their robot rock roots from their first album. Honestly I think all QOTSA albums are great, regardless of which one you like the most. Also, the songs that didn't make it into the album are mindblowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSE4O3SSF3I
>>
>>61025499
It's not one of my favorites by them, but I still think it's a really great album.
Turnin' On The Screw is one of my favorite songs by them.
>>
It's defo better than lullabies to paralyze. Hell, rankingwise, I'd go something like
1. Songs for the deaf
2. S/T
3. Era Vulgaris
4. Like Clockwork
5. Lullabies
>>
>>61025730
Yeah the running joke, the fun machine took a shit and died and era vulgaris are so fucking good. Some of my favorites by them. My only question is why did they decide not to put it onto the album?
>>
>>61025912
>rated R
>>
>>61025968
>the one with Feel good hit of the Summer, In the fade and a bunch of filler
Honestly, that's why I don't consider Like Clockwork that good either; just not that much good song writing and/or heavy riffs on it
>>
>>61026024
i agree. My god is the sun and i appear missing are really good though as ive said before.
>>
>>61025961
With Era Vulgaris (you know what you did) they released it for free on their website when they were promoting the album so it makes sense. When I bought Era Vulgaris, The Fun Machine came as a bonus track so I'm very happy with that. I don't have a clue why they didn't include The Running Joke though, it's such a good song.
>>
>>61026024
>Better living through chemistry
>I think I lost my headache
>filler
Mate
>>
>>61026401
They did decide to include it on the vinyl though. Which is cool i guess?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.