[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predict the P4k score for AnCo's next album /mu/ 8.3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Predict the P4k score for AnCo's next album /mu/

>>
>>
File: anco were never good.png (2 MB, 1920x4891) Image search: [Google]
anco were never good.png
2 MB, 1920x4891
8.7 because they feel bad about pic related
>>

Or maybe because >>61024480, 8.9
>>
>>61024378
>>
>>61024378
>>
File: TAR5HGd.jpg (45 KB, 468x866) Image search: [Google]
TAR5HGd.jpg
45 KB, 468x866
>>61024480
>That guy who said MPP is the only good one because it was the only album with actual songs.
>>
They gave PBVSGR an 8.7, so I'm guessing 8.6, based solely on Strawberry Jam/Person Pitch.
>>
>>
>>61024378
Yea, probably somewhere in the 8's range. I can't believe they gave Grim Reaper a good score. And I thought they overrated Tomboy, holy fuck. Grim Reaper is the worst AnCo related release to date. Worse than Down There, Chz, Danse, and Slasher Flicks.
>>
>>61025726
Considering Down There is the best Animal Collective solo release, of course it's going to be worse than it.
>>
>>61025745
I think it's underrated, but I don't think it's better than PP, and I think Young Prayer is almost as good. It has Laughing Hieroglyphic, and Cemeteries, which are both amazing, and a handful of other other tracks that are interesting but lack the proper production to represent the ideas as strongly as they were conceived. It's pretty good, but it definitely had significant wasted potential imo, where PP is consistent throughout.
>>
Is there a leak of this album or something? I haven't even heard it. The fact they gave CHZ such a low score justifies hearing it before predicting a score (they've done this with other established bands like Radiohead)
>>
>>61026011
yeah here's the leak, it's only 128kbps though https://mega.nz/#!IVY0zQbD!sS_D11m_mgxV0Av3scLYLDEvJsBJfKyR3lNHxgwT8mM
>>
>>61025978
Well I certainly can't agree. I think it maintains its direction throughout, and is definitely at the very least on par with Person Pitch. Laughing Hieroglyphic, 3 Umbrellas, Ghost of Books, Cemeteries, and especially Heather in the Hospital into Lucky 1 are all fantastic to me.

I think ultimately it's up to personal preference between it and Person Pitch, and I think in many ways the two are twins and show how Avey and Panda go about things, both musically and emotionally. Person Pitch is bright, sunny, and clear, and was made both at a high point in Panda's life and to cheer him up after his father's death - a lot of the themes on the album aren't actually very cheery, but Panda sings through it to lift his spirits. Meanwhile, Down There is dark, murky, and almost brooding, and while coming off what should have been a high point for Avey (the massive success of MPP), it was mired with the new complications of popularity as well as his divorce; instead of using music as a way to feel better like Panda, instead Avey uses it to explore how he feels, which resonates with me stronger.

I think both also work with the preceding albums each of them did before. Person Pitch expands and rises from Young Prayer, while listening to Down There after Pullhair Rubeye is almost heartbreaking.

Both are really great albums, Down There just jives with me a lot better (probably in part because I live in an area where Down There fits perfectly).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.