[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE RETURN OF THE THIN WHITE DUKE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: stationtostation.jpg (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
stationtostation.jpg
69 KB, 300x300
THE RETURN OF THE THIN WHITE DUKE
>>
To me this is the best Bowie album. It flows so good and has a pretty consistent tone unlike most of his albums except maybe Low.
>>
>>61023543
THROWING DARTS IN LOVERS EYES
>>
I'm shocked the material from around this period wasn't darker considering all the shit that was going on in his life at the time. Fucking suffering from psychosis because of coke, seeing people fly past the windows as though they jumped off the roof, having a white witch perform an exorcism on his pool because he thought it was haunted, and thinking witches were trying to steal his sperm. Absolutely insane.
>>
>>61023579
Eh, my only issue is that while all the songs on the album are good, the title track is a cut above the rest and kind of diminishes their impact.
>>
>>61023649
>the title track is a cut above the rest and kind of diminishes their impact.
not him, but I honestly think Stay is as good as the title track. That guitar is fucking awesome.
>>
>>61023643
>seeing people fly past the windows as though they jumped off the roof
Wasn't that a Monty Python sketch?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq77HyQUVSo
>>
ONCE THERE WERE MOUNTAINS ON MOUNTAINS
>>
>>61023649
that's the problem with a lot of prog albums with long epic opening songs, the the rest of the album just feels like filler.
>>
>>61024023
That's a fuzzy guitar
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.