[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the Pet Sounds of the 21st century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Is this the Pet Sounds of the 21st century?
>>
>>61022630
Had "White Winter Hymnal" and "Blue Ridge Mountains" made it to the album, then it MIGHT have.
>>
fleet foxes blow ass
>>
that isnt person pitch
>>
>>61022688
someone needs to take sex ed again
>>
Obviously not.

But it's still really fucking good.
>>
>>61022630
I will never recreate the feeling of listening to the title track for the first time.
>>
>>61022894
OH MAN OH MY OH ME
>>
Not really, it doesn't have that many similarities. Their s/t is much more Beach Boys influenced.

Also, this is my favorite album of the decade and The Shrine/An Argument is my favorite song of all time.
>>
File: 1401141844401.jpg (139 KB, 992x1120) Image search: [Google]
1401141844401.jpg
139 KB, 992x1120
>>61022894
>And I know, I know, you will keep me on the shelf

>I'll come back to you someday myself
>>
>>61024462
How do I into Helplessness Blues?

I like their S/T more, but I only really love four songs (WWH, BRM, Lorelai and HB). How do into them? I've heard Montezuma several times and I don't feel the magic.
>>
>>61024511
You need a hi-fi sound system, try to focus on the superb production and the baroque sound.
>>
Nah, it's MBDTF
>>
>>61022630
It's close, but not quite. The vocals are nowhere near as good on Helplessness Blues as on Pet Sounds, for example. They aren't even as good as on s/t for that matter.
>>
>>61024511
Montezuma has a low magic level. Mostly it's just pleasant. Same for Battery Kinzie and Blue Spotted Tail IMO

but every thing else is fucking
M A G I C
>>
>>61028206
I think Blue Spottes Tail is very magical, especially since it comes after The Shrine/An Argument, which is a very chaotic and grand song. They kinda remind me of Holland 1945/Communist Daughter, but on an even bigger scale.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.