[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unwound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 719x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 719x354
What is unwound's best album and why?
>>
Every time I think I know the answer to that question I listen to another album by them and change my mind. Its between fake train, new plastic ideas, and repetition for me.
>>
Leaves. Lots of diversity, consistent as fuck and incredibly atmosphere. Repetition and New Plastic Ideas are also very strong contenders.
>>
Leaves is their best in terms of their achievements as a band, but New Plastic Ideas is my personal favorite.
>>
File: Called it.jpg (86 KB, 820x433) Image search: [Google]
Called it.jpg
86 KB, 820x433
I wonder if this guy was right
>>
LTIY anything else is le contrarian meme
>>
Are Unwound the most consistent band of all time? Seriously, the only album they've made below a 9/10 is the s/t, which are just scraps from before Fake Train anyway. What's their secret?
>>
>>61018368
Leaves is probably one, if not my favorite album of all time. Fake Train and Future of What are both perfect imo.
>>
I feel it's a toss up between TFOW, New Plastic Ideas, and Fake Train.

Strip it of a song or two and I'd probably consider TFOW perfect. The drone sequence at the end probably elevates it beyond the other two.
>>
>>61018506
Future of What and Challenge are both easily sub-9s, more like 7.5-8 range
>>
Leaves is probably their "best" but Repitition is my favorite because it feels so effortless. It has that kind of basic Hardcore attitude that makes it seem (even though obviously they aren't,) that they're just pumping out dope songs easily
>>
future of what is the noisiest, and is often my favorite. Repetition, NPI and Fake Train are often my favorite as well.

Hard to decide, Unwound are my favorite band by far.
>>
>>61018368
leaves is probably the general consensus and it is damn good, but personally I like repetition a little more
>>
Fake Train for me, it's nearly perfect. Then Leaves.
>>
Leaves is the best album they made, Repitition is the best Unwound album they made. Absolutely god-tier band either way though
>>
Mine's Repetition
I always liked it when they got bleak and beautiful. Great examples on the end of each side.
>>
I don't understand all the love for Leaves. To me it mostly sounds like a bunch of experimental sketches that they never bothered to flesh out.

But Challenge is bad. Not a bad Unwound album. Challenge is bad music.
>>
>>61019419
mile me deaf tho

clearly new plastic ideas is their magnum opus
>>
I used to specifically love Leaves the most. Now I think Fake Train is my favorite, and the band at it's most raw, rather than technical.
>>
I honestly think Antifreeze from unwounds s/t is one of the slickest jams unwound and that the s/t in general isn't that bad. In a comparative sense to other albums I can see why people would underrated it though.
>>
>>61020278
Stuck In The Middle of Nowhere again is also really fucking great
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.