[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abstract music opinions >I don't think any artist is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Abstract music opinions
>I don't think any artist is taking full advantage of the internet
>instruments are becoming obsolete
>listening to more than 1 album a day depletes the impact of said albums
>>
>>61013401
Kinda agree with this
>>
>>61013401
>listening to an album (or song, whatever) on LSD once makes that album sound better forever
every time
>>
>>61013401

I'm guilty of this, and I think you're right, assuming you're talking about an "artistic experience" rather than just listening for fun.
>>
>>61013401
>>61013653
>>61013471
Gotta agree with this. One of the reasons i love collecting vinyl is immersing myself wholly in one album.
>>
>instruments are becoming obsolete
no just too many bands with shit players making music

I agree with the rest
>>
funny dean blunt has said in a interview, he thinks there's an overload of too much information going on and he can only handle listening to one record a day or he goes nuts
>>
>>61013617
So true, listening to this now is almost a religious experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfKP497POI
>>
>if the loss of expected profits from piracy is actually enough to negatively effect your life or career, your music should not be your primary source of income
>writing all of your songs about personal experiences you've had can alienate the listener
>the only thing that truly counts as bad music taste is a refusal to listen to new things
>you should almost always devote your full attention to an album your first time listening to it; you should not be doing anything else
>>
>>61013401
>>instruments are becoming obsolete
>posts album made with virtual instruments
>>
>>61014294
>exactly my point
>>
>>61014294
he means physical instruments you fucking moron
>>
>>61014294
Yeah but MIDI devices only resemble analog instruments because we haven't come to realize the full implication of programmable music.

Regardless of the origin of a sound being worked with, an electronic producer can take that sound in directions that are impossible using the original hardware.
>>
>>61013956
>>if the loss of expected profits from piracy is actually enough to negatively effect your life or career, your music should not be your primary source of income
That would only affect big artists. They go from getting a lot of money to not as much. No small act is depending on record sales.
>>
>>61013401
>>I don't think any artist is taking full advantage of the internet
anyone wanna take a crack at what this guy means?
>>
>>61013401
>nstruments are becoming obsolete
this doesn't mean anything. a DAW is an instrument. When electric guitars started being a thing people didn't say "thats the end of instruments <:^)"
>>
>>61014515
>>61014344
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.